The "Pass" was meant for Woods.

D521646

I've looked at this every which way, and I am convinced that the pass to Sammy with 1:15 left in the game that was too high was actually meant for Robert Woods. Anyone else catch this?

Tim-

There is another defender behind the goal post. Surely he would have stopped Woods.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've looked at this every which way, and I am convinced that the pass to Sammy with 1:15 left in the game that was too high was actually meant for Robert Woods. Anyone else catch this?

Tim-

I thought TT was quoted as saying he intended it for Sammy. It was a tough catch.

I think it goes both ways. QBs need to help out the receivers with good ball placement and not leading them into big hits. But WRs need to bail out their QB on occasion when the pass isn't perfect. Like I said before, Watkins is supposed to be a top receiver in this league. The Bills moved up in the draft and got him. How far he has yet to show that in most games. On that particular play, you would like to see your difference maker make a difference. It's the same with the high priced guys on the D-line. You expect those guys to come through when the game is on the line and for the most part, they failed this week. TT, Watkins, The D-line, the coaches, the whole team needs to do better.

That pass was a bit beyond "not perfect". It was both high and behind. If it was just high, Watkins could possibly have gotten it. If it was just behind, ditto. Both at once, C'mon Man.

I don't see any way that Woods goes the distance with that pass. It looks behind him from the A-22, so he probably needs to stop to catch it and then turn up-field. Most likely, it's a reception near mid-field, followed by a clock-kill that sets up 2nd-and-10 with slightly less than a minute to go and zero time-outs.

Sammy should have caught it. Isn't that why we drafted him? I re-ran the replay five times. I think he mistimed his jump or just didn't give it enough. It was in his hands, should have held on. Evans, Kelvin and Odell don't drop these. If Sammy had let it go I think a different Pats defender makes the interception.

I'm not sure what your point is. I gather that you're defending Taylor given your identification with Virginia Tech. But I'm not attacking him. I thought he played a fairly decent game. He made some bad throws and made some bad decisions, but he made a lot of good plays too. The pass to Watkins was a bad throw. It happens. Just because a ball hits one's hands doesn't mean it's catchable - if it's off the fingertips and behind a receiver who is also at the top of his vertical, that's not really catchable. Think about it.

How can you think Taylor had a decent game? He had a nice opening drive and 10 decent 4th quarter minutes. He completely sucked for 45 minutes straight.

How can you think Taylor had a decent game? He had a nice opening drive and 10 decent 4th quarter minutes. He completely sucked for 45 minutes straight.

I don't know, maybe it's the FIVE TOUCHDOWNS he scored? If that's sucking, suck more, please.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

a lot of excuses being made here for Sammy. 55 yards a game last 11 games. 30 yards a game in 2015. He just doesn't give 110% if he did he would have made that catch. Reminds me of Lee Evans. Lot of potential just not on Sundays. Half his yards this week were against a prevent D.

I don't know, maybe it's the FIVE TOUCHDOWNS he scored? If that's sucking, suck more, please.

Supposedly a very mobile QB and he has 8 sacks at home?? excuse me that sucks.

My mind boggles at the way people focus on meaningless stuff and look past the good parts. How many times do QBs score 5 touchdowns in a game? I don't care if he gets sacked 50 times! A team that scores 5 TD's usually wins games. Is that not obvious????? Taylor isn't who let Brady pass at will.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Sammy should have caught it. Isn't that why we drafted him? I re-ran the replay five times. I think he mistimed his jump or just didn't give it enough. It was in his hands, should have held on. Evans, Kelvin and Odell don't drop these. If Sammy had let it go I think a different Pats defender makes the interception.

Because the Bills had 5 td drives against a team that has allowed that only one other time going back to 2010. He was a key contributor on every one of those drives - he threw for 3 tds, ran for one, and on the other drive ran for 23 yards and threw a pass that got them to the one. The beginning and end of the game, count, you know ...

a lot of excuses being made here for Sammy. 55 yards a game last 11 games. 30 yards a game in 2015. He just doesn't give 110% if he did he would have made that catch. Reminds me of Lee Evans. Lot of potential just not on Sundays. Half his yards this week were against a prevent D.

Oh jeez. That pass really not catchable.

My mind boggles at the way people focus on meaningless stuff and look past the good parts. How many times do QBs score 5 touchdowns in a game? I don't care if he gets sacked 50 times! A team that scores 5 TD's usually wins games. Is that not obvious????? Taylor isn't who let Brady pass at will.

Because the Bills had 5 td drives against a team that has allowed that only one other time going back to 2010. He was a key contributor on every one of those drives - he threw for 3 tds, ran for one, and on the other drive ran for 23 yards and threw a pass that got them to the one. The beginning and end of the game, count, you know ...

Oh jeez. That pass really not catchable.

You folks may want to consider the post history before you respond.

Almost!

@ben_grimalldo

@JeremyWGR another angle. Sammy got in Woods' way. Would've gone for six.

CPYRc3dWoAI9le_.jpg

https://twitter.com/ben_grimalldo/status/645722785268957184/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

You know when he threw it I was thinking to myself too bad he couldn't get it to woods. He could of took it to the house. Looking at this shot just confirms what I saw at the stadium. 16 beers & I still have the vision to breakdown a game from the stands. Impressive.

The difference is Sammy dropped his Danny Amendola caught his, both were tough caches. Sometimes the WR need to make thee QB look good.

Nonsense! The real difference between those plays is QB placement with Brady's pass being catchable with Tyrod's just the opposite. Bad pass by Tyrod pure and simple.

Nonsense! The real difference between those plays is QB placement with Brady's pass being catchable with Tyrod's just the opposite. Bad pass by Tyrod pure and simple.

Interesting to see after watching all of TT's attempts in the "Taylor Review" thread, he had about 3-4 passes to that area of the field and all of them were high (two were picked off of the deflection).

Agree, it's a fine line but Amendola made a "great" catch. It was catchable but it was impressive nonetheless. Sammy's ball was borderline catchable and would have been ridiculous if caught (though he may be capable, he's made some crazy ones)

Bad, IF it was meant for Sammy. It was on target for Woods. I know what TT said but that could be him covering for Watkins.

I'm not sure what you're getting at here. It's vague.

Certain posters, like the person you're responding to, are really only interested in criticizing whether it's justified or not. Figured I'd give you a head's up.

There's plenty of room for criticism after this loss; no need to place it where it doesn't belong.

That play to Amendola was physically sickening. Perfect throw, perfect coverage, perfect catch. :sick:

Bad, IF it was meant for Sammy. It was on target for Woods. I know what TT said but that could be him covering for Watkins.

Come on guy! Sheesh! QB's make bad throws sometimes. Enough of the excuses. Looking forward to a good and consistent performance from Tyrod this week. Go Bills!