Karlos Williams anyone?

mellaman101

Karlos and Shady can be a great 1/2 punch, the best we've ever had. The kid is running better for sure right now, still can't figure out why Shady is in the game with such a big lead.

Dixon looks slow and ineffective. I think we kept him for special teams, he's not a better pass protector or runner than Freddy so that's all I can figure.

completely off topic, running backs should have numbers in the 30's and WR's in the 80's. Why did that change?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it amusing who folks on here compare Karlos to. I have seen Eddie George, Antoine Smith, LeGarett Blount, etc.

IMO, he doesn't really compare well to anyone. He is a really unusual back. He seems to be as fast and as elusive as Shady, but as bruising as a Marshawn. I don't think he is a perfect comparison to anyone.

"He kinda reminds me of.." <> "I don't think he is a perfect comparison to anyone". :nana:

Everything about him looks very promising.

Not really. Can he be used as a receiver, consistently? More importantly, can he be depended upon as a blitz stopper? There are other things we don't know yet. However, he plays with an attitude you can't teach and hits the holes like a veteran. Promising indeed.

Not really. Can he be used as a receiver, consistently? More importantly, can he be depended upon as a blitz stopper? There are other things we don't know yet. However, he plays with an attitude you can't teach and hits the holes like a veteran. Promising indeed.

there were some vines of him in pass pro from last week's all-22 that looked very promising Edited by YoloinOhio

haha-- I mean, I proved it there. There is something that is so unique about him, which is why people compare him to like 20 different people. He is a composite of a a bunch of different great traits.

I love his North-South style. You start ringing up 5,6,7 yards straight up the gut, and linebackers and safeties start having to jump up, opening the door for some real productive play-action up the seam.

Anyone else tired of Boobie? Karlos has earned those 3rd down and short yardage touches. I want to see more.

I imagine that roman could construct a formation with Karlos at tail and McCoy in the slot. Nightmares.

Boobie: when you need a yard, he'll get you a yard. When you need 3 yards, he'll get you a yard. (But he did pick up a blitz or two today .. he did his job)

Boobie: when you need a yard, he'll get you a yard. When you need 3 yards, he'll get you a yard. (But he did pick up a blitz or two today .. he did his job)

Except today when we needed a yard and he didn't get us a yard...

All jokes aside, you are 100 percent correct. Karlos finishes through people. I love it

Except today when we needed a yard and he didn't get us a yard...

All jokes aside, you are 100 percent correct. Karlos finishes through people. I love it

Right! But I loved that line about getting a yard and only a yard (can't remember who they first used it on).

My Karlos comparison (I don't expect anyone to remember him) - Rod Bernstine. He was really good for about a year, but that running tall style got him beat up fast

Right! But I loved that line about getting a yard and only a yard (can't remember who they first used it on).

My Karlos comparison (I don't expect anyone to remember him) - Rod Bernstine. He was really good for about a year, but that running tall style got him beat up fast

It's clear he has vision as well. Some bigger backs don't posses that quality and rely solely on their size and brute force. I admire his combination of reading the field, making a quick,'smart cut, and getting up field quickly.

Great execution in the run game on this play!

@PatMoranTweets

On Karlos Williams TD, great pull block from Incognito & solid blocks by Henderson, Gray and Hogan https://vine.co/v/exQF3LltpPI

@TyDunne

Karlos Williams: "I played a good game but that doesn’t mean I slack off. I want to become one of the best backs in the game."

More Karlos: "And I’m playing with one of them, playing behind Shady so there’s still a lot to learn."

It's clear he has vision as well. Some bigger backs don't posses that quality and rely solely on their size and brute force. I admire his combination of reading the field, making a quick,'smart cut, and getting up field quickly.

And that was Rod Bernstine too. Listed at 6'3", 238. Ran tall and saw the gaps well. Really was an exciting player in San Diego for a couple years, and even after he slowed down after getting beaten up he was an effective pass catcher out of the backfield/situational back. I bring him up because I'm not sure Karlos is a 20 carry/game guy (not many are these days), so I like how they're using him now to keep him fresh.

And that was Rod Bernstine too. Listed at 6'3", 238. Ran tall and saw the gaps well. Really was an exciting player in San Diego for a couple years, and even after he slowed down after getting beaten up he was an effective pass catcher out of the backfield/situational back. I bring him up because I'm not sure Karlos is a 20 carry/game guy (not many are these days), so I like how they're using him now to keep him fresh.

Awesome. Hopefully he can live up to the hype. Like I said in another thread, I'd like to see

McCoy in the slot,

Karlos at the tail and Harvin on the field.

Could you shine the combination of misdirection and power? Then you just dump it to Clay real quick like its nobody's business.

Why am I not an OC?