Why we shouldn't panic on Rex

BillsFan130

I for one think Rex had a terrible game as well as the whole coaching staff and players. But lets remember it is one bad game against the super bowl champs. Does anyone remember in 2010 when Rex got beat 45-3 by the pats on MNF about 4 years ago? That same year he came back and beat the patriots in the playoffs and shut Brady down. Rex is a great defensive coach who had a bad game. This season is far from over, need a big win in Miami and I would consider it a very god start to the year. Go Bills!

Rex knows he sucked. Glad to see that. He will learn from this. He tried something different (not blitzing, being too passive on 4th down, etc.). He's not our old stubborn coaches.

season is just beginning. everyone chill out and watch as we sack Tannehill 5 times next week

why only 5 times???!! pessimist!

I for one think Rex had a terrible game as well as the whole coaching staff and players. But lets remember it is one bad game against the super bowl champs. Does anyone remember in 2010 when Rex got beat 45-3 by the pats on MNF about 4 years ago? That same year he came back and beat the patriots in the playoffs and shut Brady down. Rex is a great defensive coach who had a bad game. This season is far from over, need a big win in Miami and I would consider it a very god start to the year. Go Bills!

interesting, I didn't realize that they got blown out the same year they went on to beat them in the playoffs.Thanks! Edited by YoloinOhio

When the schedule first came out I was thinking 0-2, so 1-1 is pretty nice...I am hoping for a solid bounce back game against Miami, and as the coaches get more comfortable, an increased ability to make adjustments, and settle the players down...still like this coaching staff over last years Marrone led staff...obviously...

When the schedule first came out I was thinking 0-2, so 1-1 is pretty nice...I am hoping for a solid bounce back game against Miami, and as the coaches get more comfortable, an increased ability to make adjustments, and settle the players down...still like this coaching staff over last years Marrone led staff...obviously...

yep, we are averaging 30 pts a game on offense and the D will be back.

Lets also not forget the SB cheaters also kicked the chit out of the Steelers last week. (10 days prior)

Who's panicking ? I didn't expect the Bills to win this game and not sure why any Bills fan that's been paying attention would. The Pats still have Brady. We have an unknown at the most important position. The outcome was pretty predictable. I would have been more surprised if TT looked like Aaron Rodgers in a Bills uni than a guy in his 2nd start vs a HOF coach with a HOF quarterback.

No worries sir!

interesting, I didn't realize that they got blown out the same year they went on to beat them in the playoffs.Thanks!

Who's panicking? Have you not been on this site the last 2'days? You would think an Armageddon is coming after this loss

Who's panicking ? I didn't expect the Bills to win this game and not sure why any Bills fan that's been paying attention would. The Pats still have Brady. We have an unknown at the most important position. The outcome was pretty predictable. I would have been more surprised if TT looked like Aaron Rodgers in a Bills uni than a guy in his 2nd start vs a HOF coach with a HOF quarterback.

My concern with Ryan is that NE did absolutely nothing that he hasn't seen before and their gameplan was consistent with what we've seen since Brady arrived on the scene. So why wasn't this team prepared?

On the Gronkowski TD for example this was the exact same play they ran against Pittsburgh last week at the exact same spot on the field and the Bills defenders were looking at each other apparently not knowing what their assignments were which left their most dangerous receiver completely uncovered for an easy TD.. How can this happen? Either the players don't understand the gameplan or the coaches aren't planning for it. Either one is not acceptable. And all the talk about press coverage. What happened with that?

Maybe with more experience with the new scheme these things solve themselves? Just put down the microphones and the Twitter accounts and just shut up, show up, and play the game.

My concern with Ryan is that NE did absolutely nothing that he hasn't seen before and their gameplan was consistent with what we've seen since Brady arrived on the scene. So why wasn't this team prepared?

On the Gronkowski TD for example this was the exact same play they ran against Pittsburgh last week at the exact same spot on the field and the Bills defenders were looking at each other apparently not knowing what their assignments were which left their most dangerous receiver completely uncovered for an easy TD.. How can this happen? Either the players don't understand the gameplan or the coaches aren't planning for it. Either one is not acceptable. And all the talk about press coverage. What happened with that?

Maybe with more experience with the new scheme these things solve themselves? Just put down the microphones and the Twitter accounts and just shut up, show up, and play the game.

I agree 100 percent with what you said. It was a bad game for sure, I don't know what Rex was trying to accomplish with his game plan. I do believe he will bounce back though, he's been an elite defensive coach for almost two decades now, so I do think it was just one very bad game plan because he didn't give the bills defenders a chance too succeed. Jerry Hughes covering gronk one on one and Rambo on Edelman one on one on a few plays? That can't happen