I would like to thank...

Virgil

You are right that people are overreacting but I think today was a sad reality. As long as the pats have brady and belichick the bills can't compete against this team. 1-1 is a ok start but still gotta beat new England if you are going to do anything in this league

Not neccesarily. Maybe you get in the playoffs and someone else knocks them off. It's happened.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this mentality of people who, just because you are pissed and critical means you should stop watching.

You should be pissed. These tickets were not cheap for many fans. A lot of us pay a ton for directv. We are sold a product and it's been a disappointment for years. Now, you hype us up, promise change, and then lay an egg. I don't care about the points we put up in garbage time. I care that Brady broke passing records against us. I care that our coach failed after calling all of this attention to us. It's embarrassing and I'm tired of being embarrassed.

Yes, we are 1-1. Yes, we can still make the playoffs. But yes we got let down a ton by our team for the 1000th time. And yes, it will keep happening to the Pats. So how high can you get on a team when you know it's only a matter of time until they embarrass us again?

Worst case, we don't make the playoffs.

Best case, we do and face them in Foxboro. How do you think that will end?

We root, we hype, we hope for a chance to be the best. We were reminded today that we aren't and it's not close. Sorry if you are okay with that.

Your passion is breathtaking, but for the sake of your blood pressure, you might want to save your emotional energy for things over which you have some control. You being bent out of shape over a loss isn't going to change one thing about how they play. After over forty years of being a fan, that much I've learned.

Thank you to:

• The Bills fans chanting "We Want Brady"
  • Rex Ryan for bringing the media circus to Buffalo so everyone could see how crap we are
  • Roman, for being completely ineffective in having his team prepared
  • Our 200+ million defensive line for getting absolutely no pressure all game
  • Whoever our D Coordinator is for not being able to cover 2 people. And the same 2 people we knew it would be
  • The announcers for showing the stat of Brady being only 3 TD's short of 400. You knew he'd be going for it
  • The Refs for needing to get their quality TV time
  • Aaron Williams for just giving away 15 yards at a time
But most importantly, Thank you to the Buffalo Bills organization for letting me know early that we won't be contenders again this year as long as the Pats are in the league. You can't stand a chance against the best, you'll always be in the middle

Whoever our D coordinator is? How embarrassing (on top of everything else).

Epic fail post...this board will be nauseating this week.

I mean we are averaging 29.5 points per game, Relax. Its one game, we just split the two highest rated AFC teams 1-1 to open the season and lost by one score.

We have work to do, but damn, its our QB's second start, young players, new schemes, etc. If anyone would have said we would go 1-1 in he first two games losing the Pats game by 1 TD before the season began, everyone would have taken that in a heart beat.

Now, its like the sky is falling and everyone is suicidal. Get a grip. Lots of football left.

The Bills are a fringe wildcard playoff type team. Which is fine. We got beat by a SB contending team with one of the best qbs in the history of the game and with a HC who when all is said and done is going to be recognized as the best HC in the modern era of football. And they also have a HOF TE in Gratkowski!

What I find encouraging is that for more than a generation we had inadequate qbing. Now we have a qb who although is inexperienced as a starter has demonstrated (to me) that he is capable of being a legitimate starting qb in this league. I may be too quick with my positive assessment but I consider it a reasonable evaluation from what I have seen so far.

The major weakness on this team is its OL. Glenn is a major disapointment and Henderson is struggling. Incognito is the best performing player on the line.

Our DL is very good. However, Brady is able to counter their usual effective pass rush with his stunningly quick and accurate throws to the right receiver. There are not many games in which one can say Mario Williams was invisible but in this game he certainly was. Give Brady most of the credit for the lack of pass rush because the ball was usually out of his hands before the linemen took their second step.

In my view this team is on track to have meaningful games at the end of the season. Where some people see dispair I see some progression. Anyone who thought this was a championship team was being unrealistic. The team we played against today is an upper tier team that handily beat a team that is moving up the ranks.

The Bills are a fringe wildcard playoff type team. Which is fine. We got beat by a SB contending team with one of the best qbs in the history of the game and with a HC who when all is said and done is going to be recognized as the best HC in the modern era of football. And they also have a HOF TE in Gratkowski!

What I find encouraging is that for more than a generation we had inadequate qbing. Now we have a qb who although is inexperienced as a starter has demonstrated (to me) that he is capable of being a legitimate starting qb in this league. I may be too quick with my positive assessment but I consider it a reasonable evaluation from what I have seen so far.

The major weakness on this team is its OL. Glenn is a major disapointment and Henderson is struggling. Incognito is the best performing player on the line.

Our DL is very good. However, Brady is able to counter their usual effective pass rush with his stunningly quick and accurate throws to the right receiver. There are not many games in which one can say Mario Williams was invisible but in this game he certainly was. Give Brady most of the credit for the lack of pass rush because the ball was usually out of his hands before the linemen took their second step.

In my view this team is on track to have meaningful games at the end of the season. Where some people see dispair I see some progression. Anyone who thought this was a championship team was being unrealistic. The team we played against today is an upper tier team that handily beat a team that is moving up the ranks.

Agree with everything you said, although I do still think we are very capable of winning this division still.

Agree with everything you said, although I do still think we are very capable of winning this division still.

I respectfully disagree with respect to this season. As long is Brady is the starter and BB is the HC they will be sitting in the first class seats with us sitting in coach squeezed into our uncomfortable seats.

This is a side note: When you watch Brady and Gratkowski constantly connecting regardless who they are playing you have to appreaciate their exceptionalism and the beauty of their play.

I love this mentality of people who, just because you are pissed and critical means you should stop watching.

You should be pissed. These tickets were not cheap for many fans. A lot of us pay a ton for directv. We are sold a product and it's been a disappointment for years. Now, you hype us up, promise change, and then lay an egg. I don't care about the points we put up in garbage time. I care that Brady broke passing records against us. I care that our coach failed after calling all of this attention to us. It's embarrassing and I'm tired of being embarrassed.

Yes, we are 1-1. Yes, we can still make the playoffs. But yes we got let down a ton by our team for the 1000th time. And yes, it will keep happening to the Pats. So how high can you get on a team when you know it's only a matter of time until they embarrass us again?

Worst case, we don't make the playoffs.

Best case, we do and face them in Foxboro. How do you think that will end?

We root, we hype, we hope for a chance to be the best. We were reminded today that we aren't and it's not close. Sorry if you are okay with that.

It's not about being ok with it, what would you have me do? Is your "not being ok with it" going to make the team better?

It's pretty simple - we're not ready in week 2 to compete with the best in the NFL. It doesn't mean you're in the know and the rest of us are "drinking Kool-Aid". We're a good team on paper that hasn't proven much - but don't you think it's the mature thing to watch the rest of the games knowing we most likely won't look that bad?

I love how people like you change the argument to suit you. I don't mind that you're pissed - it's that you're trying to convince the rest of us that if we're not, we're blind. Have your feelings just don't come on here thinking everyone else has to. So if you think we're all blind and we should all succumb to how bad we suck or we're stupid - then why keep watching and posting on here? If you're so convinced, wouldn't it be the most fair thing to do for yourself?

Edited by Triple Threat

There's a lot of overreaction on both sides today. (Did someone actually play the "real fan" card? Wow.). The Bills aren't a sinking ship because they're 1-1 or because they lost to the Cheatriots - and they're going to be a pretty good team. But the fans who had them down as a dominant team this season should be adjusting to the reality check they got today. They're not an elite team and a lot has to do with their QB situation. Brady showed what an elite QB means to a team and what one can do to even a loaded defense. The Bills' inexperience in games like this showed too. The Pats* said all the right things in the lead up to the game and they stayed evenly keeled throughout the game - even with the Bills' fast start and the loud crowd. The Bills have to grow as a team and they'll need better QB play if they want to compete for a championship. Right now they're above average, which is nice, but it's not enough to compete for a Lombardi.

Thank you to:

• The Bills fans chanting "We Want Brady"
  • Rex Ryan for bringing the media circus to Buffalo so everyone could see how crap we are
  • Roman, for being completely ineffective in having his team prepared
  • Our 200+ million defensive line for getting absolutely no pressure all game
  • Whoever our D Coordinator is for not being able to cover 2 people. And the same 2 people we knew it would be
  • The announcers for showing the stat of Brady being only 3 TD's short of 400. You knew he'd be going for it
  • The Refs for needing to get their quality TV time
  • Aaron Williams for just giving away 15 yards at a time

But most importantly, Thank you to the Buffalo Bills organization for letting me know early that we won't be contenders again this year as long as the Pats are in the league. You can't stand a chance against the best, you'll always be in the middle

this

Dude. As I just mentioned in another thread. 1-1 against the two teams in the AFC championship last year. I I'll take it

Step away from the ledge.

Freddie's Ghost - if you look hard enough you'd see many had us going 0-2 against Indy and NE***.

This is why I stayed off the board until this morning. Too many raw emotions.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever