Crowd noise this Sunday? Guinness in the House!

Chandler#81

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree. It seems any time I upgrade my seats and move closer to the 50, the fans get more subdued. They sit a lot more. The whole row of guys in front of me just sit and chat quietly the whole game as I and the rest of the people around me scream in their ears. In fact, I'm surprised they don't wear earplugs. They high five and clap a bit, but otherwise silent when the Bills are on defense.

I 100% agree my man. I used to think sitting at the 50 yard line at around row 12-14 would be the best viewing of the game at the Ralph until I actually sat there 3 years ago. I almost got into a fight (with a Bills fan) who told me to sit down while our team was playing defense. It was 1st and 10 (not 3rd down defense) but I don't care. To me every down on defense is just as intense as 3rd down defense. So the guy behind me told me to sit down and I yelled at him and told him to stand up and I was 2 more words out of his mouth away from officially sitting him down until I came to my senses and unfortunately sat my ass down (kind of, I just kind of sat on top of my seat that was lifted up) and continued watching the game.

Last week against the Colts I sat at section 137 and man we were HYPE! But not only us though... The whole stadium stood up the entire game. I loved it man. But yeah I will never sit by the 50 ever again. 20 yard line or lower best suits my character and the way I wanna cheer more. It shouldn't be that way imo because this is football and not baseball. If you like to sit and watch games, go to a baseball game or just stay at home. If you're elderly or have a handicap then I completely understand why you can't stand. But if you're capable to stand and just don't because you like the comfort of sitting down, then I think a football game is the wrong venue for that. Clearly just my opinion so don't take any offense (to those who like to sit).

I 100% agree my man. I used to think sitting at the 50 yard line at around row 12-14 would be the best viewing of the game at the Ralph until I actually sat there 3 years ago. I almost got into a fight (with a Bills fan) who told me to sit down while our team was playing defense. It was 1st and 10 (not 3rd down defense) but I don't care. To me every down on defense is just as intense as 3rd down defense. So the guy behind me told me to sit down and I yelled at him and told him to stand up and I was 2 more words out of his mouth away from officially sitting him down until I came to my senses and unfortunately sat my ass down (kind of, I just kind of sat on top of my seat that was lifted up) and continued watching the game.

Last week against the Colts I sat at section 137 and man we were HYPE! But not only us though... The whole stadium stood up the entire game. I loved it man. But yeah I will never sit by the 50 ever again. 20 yard line or lower best suits my character and the way I wanna cheer more. It shouldn't be that way imo because this is football and not baseball. If you like to sit and watch games, go to a baseball game or just stay at home. If you're elderly or have a handicap then I completely understand why you can't stand. But if you're capable to stand and just don't because you like the comfort of sitting down, then I think a football game is the wrong venue for that. Clearly just my opinion so don't take any offense (to those who like to sit).

I'm on the 35 front row- I tell the season ticket holders behind me that if standing becomes an issue, just let me know... They are great and never say a word...

... About the standing, they cheer very well!!!

It's official! Bills agree to allow Guinness Records to monitor the crowd noise for loudest ever stadium.

Can't get the link up -BN & FB announcing.

Did they raise enough to get them to measure the "least inflated footballs ever to be played with in a game" also?

Edited by The Wiz

How does this work??? Do they continually monitor and just announce the highest level or do they say "we're going for it, ready.... Set.... Go..."

Continuous would be my guess. I'd be kinda pissed if they said "OK, 8K and we will measure the audio level for the stadium one time, when we feel like it"

Edited by The Wiz

How does this work??? Do they continually monitor and just announce the highest level or do they say "we're going for it, ready.... Set.... Go..."

I don't know if it is continuous or if that would be good, I mean, if we wanted to break the record we would just be !@#$s and scream while we are on offense.

I imagine it is something like a set up measured for 30 seconds on the dB rate.

I'll look in to it.

EDIT:

I watched some videos, said they broke the noise record during a time out while the Patriots had the ball.

According to http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/loudest-crowd-roar-at-a-sports-stadium

The roar was recorded with 8 seconds remaining in the first quarter. The Chiefs defeated the New England Patriots 41-14.

Edited by Boyst62

Last week was the week for this. Not a great game to do this, too many Ashley Madison fans will be here...

Imo

Really? The energy last week was flat by the mid 3rd quarter, save for few times to be loud. It was just a fun fest.

I compare last weeks opener to the Pats opener we won 31-0. Even when we were up big it was still so damn loud in there that I could not believe it. This week, this stadium will be louder then ever.

That's kind of the same thing I tell Mrs Cletus in bed.... "Baby- I just need 8 seconds..."

I'm sure the "strap up cowboys and give me 8" means something a little more Brokeback to JB

... I bet I could hold on for 8. But, no more then 9.

Really? The energy last week was flat by the mid 3rd quarter, save for few times to be loud. It was just a fun fest.

I compare last weeks opener to the Pats opener we won 31-0. Even when we were up big it was still so damn loud in there that I could not believe it. This week, this stadium will be louder then ever.

... I bet I could hold on for 8. But, no more then 9.

What about the Ashley Madisons'??

Do you understand the process of setting the record?

It is not a mean of loudness from the entire game, it is the loudest point, the pinnacle of loudness.

Imo

Edited by Leroi

What about the Ashley Madisons'??

Do you understand the process of setting the record?

It is not a mean of loudness from the entire game, it is the loudest point, the pinnacle of loudness.

Imo

No... actually it's not, but thanks for playing.

You, see, after 30 seconds of research an hour ago I am an expert now.

They measure the stadium for 8 seconds after a prompt from the stadium/scoreboard/whatever.

8 seconds, that's all it is cowboy.