"Experts" Picks - Week 2 vs the Pats

CodeMonkey

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting. "The algorithm takes into account advanced stats and home-field advantage, and there's a public-perception element that incorporates data from Twitter and Facebook."

Probably the biggest difference between Cortana and FiveThirtyEight. Cortana picked the Colts and FiveThirtyEight took the Bills last week.

At first thought I can see 75% picking the Cheaters.

But we may see more bandwagon "experts" jump on board leaving 60% picking the Cheaters.

Hey if Taylor keeps looking sharp, we may be well on our way to fulfilling your master plan of Taylor playing so well that he is worth a first round pick so we can trade him at the end of the season and wing it with Manuel next year. Hopefully this Sunday is another step in that direction.

Gun to your head, who do you guys have? I got New England. 50.1/49.9. I'm taking them last in my confidence pool this week though. And I took the Bills last week.

Hey if Taylor keeps looking sharp, we may be well on our way to fulfilling your master plan of Taylor playing so well that he is worth a first round pick so we can trade him at the end of the season and wing it with Manuel next year. Hopefully this Sunday is another step in that direction.

Gun to your head, who do you guys have? I got New England. 50.1/49.9. I'm taking them last in my confidence pool this week though. And I took the Bills last week.

my master plan? My lord you can be delirious at times.

FWIW - TT has much more to prove with only 1 game under his belt.

I just want to win so we can shut up all this **** about the Pats being amazing and having no challengers. Look, I get it, the Pats have been very good for a while. But, they're not all that.

Even if the bills win, the story lines not going to change much until there is a drastic fall off in their play.

I'm somewhat surprised all of those guys pick Philly over Dallas. I know...no Dez Bryant, but still...

On an analytics site I frequent Philly has about a 68% win expectation. Not that much of a surprise.

Cortana says 64.4% Philly, but FiveThirtyEight has Philly only at 51%. Might be another case of Cortana's number being influenced by social media.

my master plan? My lord you can be delirious at times.

FWIW - TT has much more to prove with only 1 game under his belt.

You stated a week go that an ideal scenario would be that Taylor plays so well that he is worth a first round pick and then they trade him so Manuel can start next season. I know other people saw this. So no, not delirious.

Also, yes, of course that's true, I was just messing around. He has not reached the promised land as of yet. But I would argue that it was better than any game Manuel has played. Come on guys, where can I go for a good EJ debate these days?