Pats are ruining love of NFL

Cal Bill's Fan

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The cheating will continue and nothing will be done about it. It really is sickening.

I will say though that as long as Belichick & Ernie Adams are at the helm, they will always be a top tier team. It's a plug and play system, even at QB. Brady would not be a HOF QB if it weren't for Bill & Ernie. If Brady retired tomorrow, they would still win 10+ games with Jimmy G and get back to 11-13 win seasons once he gets more experience in the system.

this. take away the cheating and every other team in the league should be copying them on every aspect especially in trying to find an ace head coach. the real question is why aren't they? are they really the only organization capable of pulling it off?

While I believe the obstruction of our investigation into under-inflated footballs during last season's AFC Championship game warranted punishment for the New England Patriots and Tom Brady, that incident does not provide any credible evidence of a pattern of subverting NFL rules by the Patriots or any other team.

You're assuming that it has to be a compromise of the wireless channel, though. True if it's point-to-point...but if there's any sort of intermediate base station or hub or router, all you have to compromise is that. Then I suppose it could be very easy do to things like route the radio broadcast to the away team's headset channels (in addition to the transmitting truck). Of course, then you could do things like route the away team's headsets to Ernie Adams, and not have to steal signals...

Point being, though, that there's other, and probably easier, points of vulnerability than the wireless connection.

Hubs and routers can be encrypted as well. We used them in the military. Every single point of a comm system can be locked and someone MUST try to get in. It isnt a random thing. There is no way that the radio broadcast goes through any point of a secure closed looped system without someone trying. My absolute point is someone gained access one way or another. This **** doesnt just magically happen. I dont drive down the road listeninh to 96.9 and all of a sudden 107.1 shows up on that frequency rain or shine. Edited by billsfan_34

this. take away the cheating and every other team in the league should be copying them on every aspect especially in trying to find an ace head coach. the real question is why aren't they? are they really the only organization capable of pulling it off?

I keep mentioning that I wonder if other teams have decided to use balls inflated to the minimum PSI. With all the supposed advantages (I don't know if they are true or not), wouldn't every team make that change? Easier to catch, less fumbles....

I keep mentioning that I wonder if other teams have decided to use balls inflated to the minimum PSI. With all the supposed advantages (I don't know if they are true or not), wouldn't every team make that change? Easier to catch, less fumbles....

not what I meant but you knew that

Seriously? I think that former is pretty d*@n low as accusations go.

Bridge. Troll. Under.

Huh? I've been on here since the 1990's. Kelly sat out a game (Collins led us to a win over Dallas) and Bruce may have as well

Edited by Adam

I am an avid Bills fan. I am also a fan of the pro game. It is a priviledge to watch the excellence in the play of Brady and Gradkowski.

I don't hate any team. That is so juvenile. At this point we are not rivals to the Pats because for the past generation we couldn't seriously compete against them. Hopefully, that will change.

Gino or Bruce? I don't want to be a Negative Nancy but I don't think either of them are all that and a bag of chips at their respective positions and anyway, what's this got to do with the Pats***?

At this point they have gotten into everyone's head. They're like, well, everyone thinks we cheat anyway, so let's give them even more to think about. It reminds me of Gaylord Perry going through that elaborate routine of touching his cap, ear, cheek, jersey before every pitch. Then when the umpire comes out to take a look, they can't find anything on him. And the story of former Chargers coach Harland Svare yelling at a light fixture in the locker room, "Damn you, Al Davis, I know you're in there!"...and then when reporters asked Davis about it, he just chuckled, said, "the thing wasn't in the light fixture, I'll tell you that," and walked away.

Shame on Mike Tomlin and the rest of us for not seeing this coming.

not what I meant but you knew that

? Paranoia.

I wasn't trying to twist your words. I'm just mentioning that I would think teams would adapt that part of how the Patriots approached PSI. I'm not exonerating them, I'm pointing out that lower PSI leads to leas fumbles, the every team should be using balls as the lowest allowable PSI.

(Work on your syntax)

Edited by HoF Watkins

The judge forcefully ruled and rebuked the league's position against Brady and the Pats. Get over it. As far as the issue of the malfunctioning headsets it is the league that controls that communication, not the home team.

I don't care what the prevailing view is on this issue or any other issue. I'm capable of thinking for myself. Being obsessed over the importance of under inflated or over inflated balls and its impact on performance and outcome of a game is silly. Loud ad naseum complaining about inconsequential issues doesn't make them consequential.

The Bills have lost to the Pats somewhere in the range of 90% over the past generation. It has nothing to do with the opposition nibbling around the rules. It shouldn't be too difficult to digest the points that better talent and better organizations usually triumph over mediocre talent and organizations.

Taking care of one's own business is more productive than whining over trivialities that involve other teams.

the judge did not even come close to ruling on whether or not Brady/Pats deflated the balls...and you know that. I am sure you will use some 10 cent words to show your intellectual process in your reply, but the fact remains he did not rule on whether or not Brady cheated.

In regards to the bold....Explain to me then WHY ON GODS GREEN EARTH THEY DO IT???? God, if Belicheck is such a freaking genius do you really believe he would do something and spend time on something that gave them no benefit? They both cant be true now can they.,

Like i said earlier, its some perverse joy you and Watkins get out of posting here. I am fairly certain you two have some twisted back stories

The Pats* are like that kid you never wanted to do business with in the school yard. A kid always scheming and trying to get something for nothing even if it means being a dick and !@#$ing people over. It sucks because the whole league has to deal with this **** whereas you could at least avoid dealing with that type of kid.

In regards to the bold....Explain to me then WHY ON GODS GREEN EARTH THEY DO IT???? God, if Belicheck is such a freaking genius do you really believe he would do something and spend time on something that gave them no benefit? They both cant be true now can they.,

This may not be exactly what you're asking, but....it's entirely possible for someone to genuinely have the talent and drive to legitimately succeed but to be driven to skirt, stretch, bend, and break the rules (cheat). IMHO that is the sort of dynamic at work with Belicheck*** and Brady***. I can't explain "why" though. It's one of those mysteries of human psychology. Well established that it happens in all sorts of endeavors, though.