Bills' Vegas Over/Under is 8.5 Wins

26CornerBlitz

I know nobody wants to consider they could be worse than last year's 9-7, but the division is tougher this year and things can go sideways (QB blow up, key injuries, etc) and this line reflects the risk of some of those things happening.

I know nobody wants to consider they could be worse than last year's 9-7, but the division is tougher this year and things can go sideways (QB blow up, key injuries, etc) and this line reflects the risk of some of those things happening.

The Patriots look like a worse team to me. Especially on defense.

The Patriots look like a worse team to me. Especially on defense.

The secondary is worse but they scheme pass coverage very well. Plus they get Mayo back. Hate to say it but they'll be fine; 12+ wins as usual.

Bills will need at least 10 for a WC.

Has it ever even happened? Where all 4 teams are better than 8-8 within same division? Ive gone back to 2008 and its happened several times where 3 teams are better than 8-8. In 2008 the nfc east and nfc south had all 4 teams 8-8 or better but not 9-7 or better.

I just went back all the way to 2000 and its never happened where all teams are better than 8-8 within the division.

I did say "All AFCE teams will finish better than 8-8".

I'll say 8-8 is close enough. It is technically not a losing season. One can argue it is a winning season.

Has it ever even happened? Where all 4 teams are better than 8-8 within same division? Ive gone back to 2008 and its happened several times where 3 teams are better than 8-8. In 2008 the nfc east and nfc south had all 4 teams 8-8 or better but not 9-7 or better.

I just went back all the way to 2000 and its never happened where all teams are better than 8-8 within the division.

NFCE, NFCS - * AFCE the Bills missed w/ 7-9

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2008/

NFCE & AFCS

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2007/

AFCE & AFCW

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2002/

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I did say "All AFCE teams will finish better than 8-8".

I'll say 8-8 is close enough. It is technically not a losing season. One can argue it is a winning season.

NFCE, NFCS - * AFCE the Bills missed w/ 7-9

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2008/

NFCE & AFCS

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2007/

AFCE & AFCW

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2002/

No I'm not arguing with you at all, I was just curious if it ever had happened - all 4 teams going better than 8-8. But you said Kurt Warner said it, so I wanted to know did he really say it?

True, and I've been wrestling with my expectations for this season. But let me ask you this, do you think the team as it stands today is better than it was last year? Because I do, but I'm not sure if that's just my slanted perception or reality. I guess I'll find out soon enough.

On paper, the Jets are worse, the Pats are worse, Dolphins are better, Buffalo is better

Pats are the same-ish, maybe one win less. The Dolphins look to be improved. The Jets look to be greatly improved. The Bills should be improved as well. I've said it before, and I'll say it again.. I think this team is better than last year's team, but I could also see us going 8-8 or worse, just because schedule/injuries.

True, and I've been wrestling with my expectations for this season. But let me ask you this, do you think the team as it stands today is better than it was last year? Because I do, but I'm not sure if that's just my slanted perception or reality. I guess I'll find out soon enough.

On paper, absolutely. I think they did everything they could have to improve this off-season.

But teams always play a lot of close games; they could have easily ended up 7-9 or 11-5 last year. So the potential for deviation based on a few very tight games that can turn on one or two plays always means potential for variation in record. Then factor in the big ? at QB, the always random injury factor, and improvement by Miami and NYJ and I think you again end up in that range where anything between 7 and 11 wins is a reasonable outlook.

Of course the probability of all outcomes is not equal. I think there is a higher likelihood of 10+ wins than we've seen in a long time and the probability of 7 or fewer wins much lower. But I won't be shocked if it happens.

On paper, the Jets are worse, the Pats are worse, Dolphins are better, Buffalo is better

How are the Jets worse? They finally hired some WRs, signed a HOF CB and got the best player in the draft.

Pats are the same-ish, maybe one win less. The Dolphins look to be improved. The Jets look to be greatly improved. The Bills should be improved as well. I've said it before, and I'll say it again.. I think this team is better than last year's team, but I could also see us going 8-8 or worse, just because schedule/injuries.

Thanks for distilling that down for me! :lol: