Tony Stewart makes the team

So the Bills drafted him because he knows Rex's son. One has to assume that many others on the Clemson team know Rex's son as well. Why didn't the Bills draft or bring them into camp? Perhaps the team decided this guy can play and was worth a shot, Rex's son notwithstanding.

I didn`t see much out of him in the pre-season. I saw a lot more out of players we cut.

He played well enough to move ahead of Tarpley till he hurt his knee against Pittsburg , appears nothing serious so they held him out of the Lions game. He's really just working his way back into linebacker form. I think he will be great at least as a backup in this defense.

What kind of player in college ? I don`t think he was highly sought after. Read his Bio.

If he was highly sought after, we wouldn't have been able to draft him in the 6th round, now would we?

If there's one place I think highly of Whaley, it's in knowing LB potential when he sees it. Tore his ACL his freshman year. Worked his way back to this:

"strong senior season with 73 tackles, 3.5 sacks and a team-high 13 quarterback pressures in 12 starts last year." If he'd had that productivity for 2-3 years, he would have drafted higher, maybe the 4th?

The Pittsburgh Stillers model which Whaley follows is to look for LB talent in the 3-5th round, play them on ST for a year or 2 while coaching them up, then either cut them or stick them in the starting lineup. Steward fits that model except for being drafted a round lower due to the injury and the need to work his way back.

Edited by Hopeful

I didn`t see much out of him in the pre-season. I saw a lot more out of players we cut.

I gotta give you cred. Misspell the players name, infer politics -when we're clearly a Florida State team and keep with your topic takes testi's.

Of course, you could just be a loon, but I'm going with the former. Hang in there!