Who claims Cassel?

Gasjuggler

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wouldn't have kept Matt Cassel as my #3 if Andrew Luck was my #1 and Matt Hasselbeck was my #2. We are in a little bit of a different situation here. And I understand not keeping him because of his contract too. I guess in an ideal world, they would've negotiated his contract in half and they could've kept him. You realize when I say this that I'm talking about keeping him at the expense of a Matthew Mulligan or whoever the fifth tight end is. I sincerely hope this does not come back to bite them.

Matt Hasselbeck? Isnt he also a injury prone qb?

Cassel was not cut because of money. He was beat handily by 2 younger more talented guys. Why does it have to be so complicated? The fact that the Bills are saving money is nothing more than a bonus. Cassel did not earn his spot on this team. See ya!

Cassel was not cut because of money. He was beat handily by 2 younger more talented guys. Why does it have to be so complicated? The fact that the Bills are saving money is nothing more than a bonus. Cassel did not earn his spot on this team. See ya!

Exactly. Cheers to the better qb's and the improved cap space. Win win

Big bucks and no ragarms.

I don't know that your account is entirely accurate. He was no longer needed for the role he was brought in to fill and his salary was substantial and not guaranteed. It's all academic at this point, but his released does not necessarily equate to him being beaten out "handily". I doubt the coaches really used the preseason to audition Cassel.

I am as happy as anybody the way they went with the QBs

but

I absolutely belive cap space was a factor

If cutting cassel were zero cap savings, there's a good chance he'd be here. As is, not staying as he was beat out by those 2 AND saves a bunch of cap

Because it's annoying. And no, that's not true. I never said EJ Manuel should be in the arena league. I don't constantly mock and berate him. I certainly don't root against him or relish in his failures. For the hundredth time, the most damning thing I've ever said about him is that I think it's unlikely he develops into a franchise QB. Do you think he will? As far as Cassel goes, for one, you're not right. He's not going to end up in the arena league. He's going to get signed by someone tomorrow. You better hope it works out for Taylor and if it doesn't, that Manuel looks like he did against the Pittsburgh Ghosts and not like he did the last time he played in the regular season. And God forbid, they both get hurt. But that's never happened since- oh wait, yeah, two years ago when Jeff Tuel had to play in a meaningful game for us. We'll see if you're right. I would've kept him around as insurance over a freaking fifth tight end when we don't even have good tight ends.

You really get your rocks off piling on Cassel. Tell ya what, when Manuel throws his 96th TD as an NFL QB, I'll send you a cake with his likeness on it. You have my word.

Amen.

i blame Vegas. Ever since they published the over/under on the number of minutes it would take for you to jump to Meh's defense everyone wants a piece of the action.

That's hysterical. Somehow I got painted as an EJ hater because I thought/think it's less than likely that he develops into a franchise QB and now somehow I am a Cassel defender? Matt Cassel sucks. He is a backup QB in this league. But we might need one of those at some point. I just think it's hysterical how so many people on this website got/get so butt hurt at any criticism of EJ and play Twister in order to defend him but think it's funny to mock a guy to no end who has actually won games in this league, led a team to the playoffs and played in a Pro Bowl. I'll make a friendly bet with everyone on this board that EJ Manuel never throws 96 TD's in his NFL career. That's how many Matt Cassel has. So keep reveling in your EJ consolation prize that Cassel got released. And for the hundredth time, I thought EJ earned the #2 job and I really don't have that much of an issue cutting Cassel. I just wish the Bills had a little more experience in the QB room heading into this, of all, seasons.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

That's hysterical. Somehow I got painted as an EJ hater because I thought/think it's less than likely that he develops into a franchise QB and now somehow I am a Cassel defender? Matt Cassel sucks. He is a backup QB in this league. But we might need one of those at some point. I just think it's hysterical how so many people on this website got/get so butt hurt at any criticism of EJ and play Twister in order to defend him but think it's funny to mock a guy to no end who has actually won games in this league, led a team to the playoffs and played in a Pro Bowl. I'll make a friendly bet with everyone on this board that EJ Manuel never throws 96 TD's in his NFL career. That's how many Matt Cassel has. So keep reveling in your EJ consolation prize that Cassel got released. And for the hundredth time, I thought EJ earned the #2 job and I really don't have that much of an issue cutting Cassel. I just wish the Bills had a little more experience in the QB room heading into this, of all, seasons.

So is it on top of the 16 TD's he already has? Or 96 more?

Cuz Cassel only had 2TD's in his first three years in the league

Edited by mastershake

Metz....I dont care what anyone says your a good guy....but serously.....look at what your writing and please see what you are saying

Oh AND I actually hope you are right and that EJ does not meet the Cassell TD quota....because I want him to stay with this team as the backup QB and watch Tyrod Taylor go onto be the next big thing

Edited by John from Hemet

Someone will take an injury at the QB spot and I bet he is on speed dial for that

Before this season he was worth a 6th round pick in a trade even at his salary. His stock couldn't possibly have gone down since then. He looked fine in camp and fine in the preseason. As long as he is willing to take a pay cut, he will be on a roster within a week.

Edited by metzelaars_lives