Edit: now confirmed rumor that Bills will release Cassel

eball

Well, the FO @ OBD headed by DW and RR with help from GR made the call on FJ with MC TBD by EOD no doubt!

That goes against some posters' DNA evidently.

You say that like it's a bad thing. How many INTs did Meh have in Practice?

But he's one of the "realists". Everything is purely black and white... until it isn't.

Read my response. I was never black and white about EJ. Dude we both like Vonnegut. God Bless You Mr. Rosewater is one of my all-time favorite books. Chill out for a second.

If that were all you had said you wouldn't have gotten so many arguments as there would be less than a handful around here who ever believed that EJ had higher than a 50% chance to become a franchise QB.

You lost me there. Only three people have ever said he HAS a higher than 50% chance. So everyone except three people on this whole website were in agreement with me. Hey I'll admit he looked fantastic against Pittsburgh and his odds have increased in my book. Still not 50% though. You?

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah you are clearly one of the better posters on this website. You obviously know what I'm talking about.

You just need to not let the extremists get to you so much. Extremists on both sides have stoked the EJ battle, and it's pulled some otherwise reasonable posters into the crossfire. :beer:

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

All I have ever said (here we go again) is that I believe it is/was less than likely that EJ develops into a franchise QB. I would say the same thing about Geno Smith. My issue is with people who laugh at Smith and then defend EJ. And I certainly never called him "garbage." I, like everyone else, am pleased with his development this offseason and have already conceded that coaching may be a bigger factor in his development that I previously thought. But how come no one in the history of TBD has ever said, "well wait a second, Blaine Gabbert kind of sucked this year but let's look at why- coaching, he's a project, etc." It's always just "well Blaine Gabbert sucks." Be objective guys.

This is the thing. EJ has been so maligned by the haters regarding what he did in his those 14 games it's got to the point where they start referencing Blaine Gabbert as a comparison to Manuel. Go to pro football reference and look at Manuel's and Gabbert's stats. Gabbert's name simply shouldn't ever be used as a comparison to him.

Read my response. I was never black and white about EJ. Dude we both like Vonnegut. God Bless You Mr. Rosewater is one of my all-time favorite books. Chill out for a second.

Why, I'm icing my knee down as we sit here chatting into the wind.

You should stop a minute too and have one of these: :beer:

This is the thing. EJ has been so maligned by the haters regarding what he did in his those 14 games it's got to the point where they start referencing Blaine Gabbert as a comparison to Manuel. Go to pro football reference and look at Manuel's and Gabbert's stats. Gabbert's name simply shouldn't ever be used as a comparison to him.

Gabbert was the first guy who popped into my head. Forget about Gabbert for a second and understand my point. Gabbert means nothing.

You lost me there. Only three people have ever said he HAS a higher than 50% chance. So everyone except three people on this whole website were in agreement with me. Hey I'll admit he looked fantastic against Pittsburgh and his odds have increased in my book. Still not 50% though. You?

I thought I was pretty clear. Virtually nobody has said that they think EJ has higher than a 50% chance to become a franchise QB. Therefore, if all you have said was that you thought that EJ has less than a 50% chance.....why are you constantly in arguments with people who feel the need to defend EJ(against you). You have obviously said more than just that simple 50% statement.

Edited by Dibs

I thought I was pretty clear. Virtually nobody has said that they think EJ has higher than a 50% chance to become a franchise QB. Therefore, if all you have said was that you thought that EJ has less than a 50% chance.....why are you constantly in arguments with people who feel the need to defend EJ(against you). You have obviously said more than just that simple 50% statement.

This is the crux of the problem. No, that's really all I've ever said. The problem is that people keep putting words in my mouth. I am often times arguing with people who wouldn't even disagree with me if they actually read what I wrote. I say it's unlikely and then I get called a hater and am told I don't "support" him. My biggest contention was with the people who insisted "we couldn't possibly know anything about him" and that it's way too early to even have an opinion about him. My argument is that I have seen enough to have the opinion that it's unlikely. I still have that opinion. I hope he proves me wrong.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

The coaches have been observing all four QBs for months. Would they cut one of the three main guys, and keep Simms instead? Could be. Let's see how Simms does against Detroit. Maybe they figure Simms is just as good as Cassel as the third stringer (not playing except in a disaster), and a whole lot cheaper.

The coaches have been observing all four QBs for months. Would they cut one of the three main guys, and keep Simms instead? Could be. Let's see how Simms does against Detroit. Maybe they figure Simms is just as good as Cassel as the third stringer (not playing except in a disaster), and a whole lot cheaper.

They sure would...Cassel stinks the end