Whaley is an idiot for cutting Fred

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty hard for Whaley to publicly admit, "He was cut because I am determined to prove to the world that I was right about Bryce Brown!"

Perhaps. But Jackson has really slowed down. You could see it on his almost TD run. He had a huge hole and any back would have rumbled through it. It's a sad cut but suggests that the Bills have really improved. But yes, Whaley could be trying to prove something.

I think we as a fan base sound ridiculous to be honest - holding on to silly things like this.

I get hating he's gone - but to be outraged to the point he should still be here is stupid. Just hate he's gone and that's it. Wanting Whaley fired or worse, when he's clearly the most competent GM we've had in over a decade shows how you love your own pity more than you're ready to be a part of a real NFL franchise.

I've heard comments like "I want Fred to be here when things are good because he was there for us when things were bad." Are you serious? Well if you want a GM like that then you want us to be like we've been. Wishing we were good when Fred was good is another thing.

Edited by Triple Threat

Were gonna have a roster spot for a RB before the season is over with. Anyone think that FJ is on board with being cut now and willing to resign later on when we need him allowing us to not cut another player.

FJ is a team guy.. and he loves it here. He could very well be back.... He also know his body can't take a full 16 game season

it may not be as gloomy and doomy as some of you think

it does not reflect poorly on anyone at all.

actually I view it as a huge positive. making the right tough decisions

got to laugh.. local media always spinning the negatives for the negative nancies

Why hate on Whaley? he gave me 5.5 million and i never did squat, during my one year with the Bills.

On the couch thinking of how to spend my $$$$. I like the dude. I never would have earned another penny if not for Mr.Whaley.

best regards, Chris Williams

and your point is

there was no point

got to laugh.. local media always spinning the negatives for the negative nancies

and your point is

there was no point

and your point is

there was no point

There is a point, it is over your head though. Sorry,

I don't live near Rochester and haven't been able to watch a preseason game. Has Freddy dropped off that much this year or was this move in conjunction with knowing Tyrod would start? I'm guessing having a more mobile QB who is willing to run made Freddy that much more expendable.

I haven't felt this way since I stopped supporting this team when Bruce was released.

Except I didn't stop supporting this team when Bruce et al. were released.

Those were sad days, but my feelings then were more about my memories of the 90s than the realities of the 00s. The team needed to move on then and as painful as it seems today, it needs to move on from Fred now.

While I was upset and still am and I initially thought it was a bad move as the day has gone on I'm seeing more and more why it was a good call. While he had a really good run on that first play on Saturday he definitely looked very slow on that run on top of the fact that he had gaping holes to run through. It really was starting to look like he was slowing down and it might be time for some young legs to take over. Bronson Hill and Cierre Wood looked solid IMO.

"There was little doubt Jackson was better suited than Williams, Brown or Dixon for the No. 2 role. Jackson is a versatile, tough runner who could fight for tough yards in short-yardage situations, handle blitzes and catch passes out of the backfield on third downs."

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/77403/bills-fans-stung-by-release-of-beloved-fred-jackson-will-want-answers

What exactly do you want him to say.....

Whaley called a press conf to talk about one single player because he knows how much fred means to the fans

Do you want him to say.....

"we dont think he will make it through the season....in fact he is already hurt"

"he was the oldest running back in the nfl"

I LOVE FJ....and wanted him for one more year....as a business decision? You cant fault Whaley for this.

I love Fred and feel that your comment is completely on point. It sucks but we need keep the best RB's we have and he's just not one of them anymore. Sorry Fred, you will be missed in the locker room Edited by SJDK

"There was little doubt Jackson was better suited than Williams, Brown or Dixon for the No. 2 role. Jackson is a versatile, tough runner who could fight for tough yards in short-yardage situations, handle blitzes and catch passes out of the backfield on third downs."

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/77403/bills-fans-stung-by-release-of-beloved-fred-jackson-will-want-answers

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/08/16/with-others-out-karlos-williams-has-shot-to-be-no-2-rb/

"The rookie from Florida State joined a crowded backfield and, true, coach Rex Ryan reiterated early in training camp that they drafted Williams with special teams on the mind. But the fifth-round pick out of Florida State could realistically be next in line behind LeSean McCoy by the season opener Sept. 13 against Indianapolis."

:lol: you quoted Rodak :lol:

Why can't we feel bad when guys like Jackson and Moorman are cut and just move on?

They just cut the fourth string RB. It will all be ok.

The struggle I think we are seeing is merely those that aren't convinced he wasn't still good enough to contribute. Nobody should believe this wasn't hard for the front office and ownership. He was the heart and soul of the team for nearly a decade. Of course that team was a perennial loser, which makes one wonder what that really means.