Surprise cuts around the league

YoloinOhio

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/31/raiders-cut-trent-richardson/

Trent Richardson cut. One of the biggest busts in recent history. I can't believe Indy traded for him. Nor can I believe that they gave us Hughes. Quick- get the Indy GM on the phone and work a deal!

It's hard to follow in the shoes of Bill Polian.

Browns cut Thad Lewis!

Jameel Mclain cut by the Giants, I know we worked him out last year. I'm sure he might start elsewhere but he be a nice thought at backup MLB.

yep - he started a lot of games his last 5 years for both the G-men and Ravens. i also like veterans LB Andy Studebaker and CB Will Blackmon

and yes, i think we could do worse than carry Thad Lewis as our #3 - if they want that many. he's a playmaker who can make them for either team

Edited by BackInDaDay

Did you miss the Rex interview where he said he has left Darby all alone, intentionally, the entire preseason? No over the top S help. No double teams. Nothing. Hell, I wouldn't put it past Rex to have called the opposing coaches and told them his intentions.

I thought this one was already common knowledge here. We might leave Darby all alone against the other team's #1 WR what? 2 times a game, maybe? Certainly not every time, the entire game. And, the NFL called the Bills and said at least 1 of the big PIs on Darby was a bad call.

Just trying to put things in proper perspective. I'm not saying Darby did great, but, I also watched the Carolina game live, and he made just as many good plays as bad. Darby is not a problem. Darby being an untested rookie, was tested, and came away with a B-, given the curve.

Darby will struggle but the bigger issue on defense is back-up safety. They are all bad.

Did you miss the Rex interview where he said he has left Darby all alone, intentionally, the entire preseason? No over the top S help. No double teams. Nothing. Hell, I wouldn't put it past Rex to have called the opposing coaches and told them his intentions.

I thought this one was already common knowledge here. We might leave Darby all alone against the other team's #1 WR what? 2 times a game, maybe? Certainly not every time, the entire game. And, the NFL called the Bills and said at least 1 of the big PIs on Darby was a bad call.

Just trying to put things in proper perspective. I'm not saying Darby did great, but, I also watched the Carolina game live, and he made just as many good plays as bad. Darby is not a problem. Darby being an untested rookie, was tested, and came away with a B-, given the curve.

I recall reading that Rex wasn't going to give him help against Carolina, and i think it was the Steelers game where he was going to throw more complex coverages at them to see how the entire unit responded. i have no confidence in Darby being ready for this. eventually Rex will learn what Schwartz learned - that defenders downfield mixed with a strong pass rush force QBs into mistakes and sacks. here's hoping he doesn't learn the hard way, as he is dedicated to his brand of D.

What happened to whichever Denver kicker got cut? Both of them had big legs, unless it was just the thin air.

Conner Barth got cut and then he signed with Tampa who then cut him. He was a solid kicker for Tampa a few years ago, I can't say he's better than Carpenter but because he can do kickoffs he might be better option than the Carpenter/Gay combo platter if we want to open up a roster spot.

I was pretty high on Nix, but the cut I was interested in is Charles James, the corner from the Texans. I thought he looked pretty good. Not sure his size though

I don't know how surprising it is, but Charles James looked good on Hard Knocks, but was cut by the Texans. Some talent and versatility there.

THANK YOU!!!!!