Rex is torn TT or Cassel

Reed83HOF

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

More smoke. It's gonna be EJ guys, get used to it.

It's just so funny to me. If you look at it objectively in terms of who started when, and forget everything you read, what makes sense? The guy who starts the 3rd preseason game is your week 1 starter. That statement is true probably 99% of the time (barring injury to said preseason game 3 starter). EJ will be starting against the Colts.

Dude looked beyond lost yesterday. I have to imagine that's a real discussion right now too.

Rex wasn't overly concerned...

"Bills head coach Rex Ryan wasn’t overly concerned about his team’s pass defense against Pittsburgh Saturday. While he wasn’t thrilled that they gave up big plays he said going into the game he purposely challenged them on the back end with play calls and a lack of blitzing.

Ryan said the plan was to force his secondary to communicate more to prepare them for stressful times in the regular season.

“I put us in a lot of situations again challenging us,” said Ryan. “I was going to challenge us with different coverages and make them communicate"

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/180280-darby-i-played-badill-come-back-stronger-next-week/page-3

It's just so funny to me. If you look at it objectively in terms of who started when, and forget everything you read, what makes sense? The guy who starts the 3rd preseason game is your week 1 starter. That statement is true probably 99% of the time (barring injury to said preseason game 3 starter). EJ will be starting against the Colts.

I understand why they would pick Tyrod over EJ, but I just feel like that drive we saw from Taylor yesterday is his ceiling. He's pretty much maxed out. And I can't get over his height.

EJ showed us a glimpse of his ceiling and it blows Tyrod out of the water. EJ can be Cam Newton with good intangibles minus some running skills.

I understand why they would pick Tyrod over EJ, but I just feel like that drive we saw from Taylor yesterday is his ceiling. He's pretty much maxed out. And I can't get over his height.

EJ showed us a glimpse of his ceiling and it blows Tyrod out of the water. EJ can be Cam Newton with good intangibles minus some running skills.

Oh would you stop. Are you serious right now? That drive was his ceiling? What does that even mean? That drive was Joe Montana in his prime's ceiling. It was literally a perfect drive. I don't know if you're serious or not.

Does that mean Aaron Rogers isn't starting for Green Bay on opening day?

John Wawrow @john_wawrow 4m4 minutes ago Buffalo, NY

Seems like Rex is torn. Cassel or Tyrod.

John Wawrow @john_wawrow 3m3 minutes ago Buffalo, NY

John Wawrow retweeted Nick May

whispers.

John Wawrow added,

Nick May @NMay11
@john_wawrow what makes you say that?

I think the real news here is that after Rex said any number of times and in any number of ways that performance on the field would determine who is number 1.

Does anyone want to seriously argue that there is not a marked difference in the on field production of EJ and TT over MC's production?

Yes, MC did not have any huge negative plays, but a decision by the HC to GIVE the job to MC when EJ and TT made virtually the best positive cases they could make on the field is the case.

Giving the job to MC would clearly demonstrate the way to get the starter job is NOT to wrack up a virtual perfect QB rating as EJ did or score points as TT did but instead suck up to the braintrust and the media.

Oh would you stop. Are you serious right now? That drive was his ceiling? What does that even mean? That drive was Joe Montana in his prime's ceiling. It was literally a perfect drive. I don't know if you're serious or not.

Metz you've been spot on with your calls so far related to this issue and your sources. Thanks. Drop me a line if you hear anything other than we discussed. I've shown my ability to be discreet.

EJ still makes a left handed throw on third down too often.

Lot's of talent, but not ready.

Tyrod didn't miss a short to intermediate throw all preseason. Not sure we've ever seen a Bills QB do that in a preseason.

Can you repost in this thread after the starter is announced please?