2 things I noticed during the first 2 quarters and a thought

bowery4

I had to stop watching before the half but just thought this was worth a mention. Easley got some field time and looked half decent..... why hasn't he played WR in basically all the time we have had him again? We have needed a big fast target for how long? EJ's pass to Cray was a grown @ss man QB throw, reminded me of someone. I see no reason why we couldn't go with the Lou Saban 2 QB system (yes I know pre season) but it is totally worth the thought. Think about teams the Bills have played in the not too distant past where their starter went down and they had to throw in another 1/2 decent guy who could run too. It is really, really worth a thought.
All we really need is EJ to perfect the jump pass.

Rex kind of looks like Lou and he was really shouting at the refs in the beginning of the 2nd, good to see the anger and spunk.

Edited by bowery4

It's bull ****. Easley has always looked like one of the best players on the field. Who else is pancaking on run blocks? Who else is diving for catches (just like he dives for ST tackles)? He honestly looks like one of the best WRs on this team, but we keep pushing garbage out out there instead: Goodwin, Hogan, and TJ Graham have kept Easley on bench last few years. He used to even put his helmet on during offensive drives, but coaches would ignore him and send Hogan out instead, who sucks.

It's bull ****. Easley has always looked like one of the best players on the field. Who else is pancaking on run blocks? Who else is diving for catches (just like he dives for ST tackles)? He honestly looks like one of the best WRs on this team, but we keep pushing garbage out out there instead: Goodwin, Hogan, and TJ Graham have kept Easley on bench last few years. He used to even put his helmet on during offensive drives, but coaches would ignore him and send Hogan out instead, who sucks.

That was a sick block.

I've liked the addition if Easley since we drafted him- with tempered expectations... When you follow someone like that, you tend to remember a lot about them- and as I recall, when he's been forced into action (I say forced bc they always likes to put others in before him as the OC stated) he hasn't had the most reliable hands... Much like Hogan... I do think he's turning the corner with that, and his route running is looking much better.

EJs pass to Clay (not Cray) was easy. He was wide open. His pass to Gragg however, was a grown a$$ man throw. And it was right in front of where I was sitting!

Oops! thanks for the corrections you are right on both counts! I saw the throw to Clay and it was impressive, missed the other (if anyone has a gif).

As much as I agree, he also looks even better to me. I wonder if Hogan makes the team, he has real competition this year (and I know someone who just got his jersey).

Easley doesn't play WR because he isn't good. ever been to training camp to watch them practice? he made his niche on special teams and he's really good at it because he does the things you mentioned. but we have literally 5 or 6 receivers that are better than him on our roster so don't expect him to get any playing time on offense

Hard to knock any of that. Easley is a tough SOB.

Oops! thanks for the corrections you are right on both counts! I saw the throw to Clay and it was impressive, missed the other (if anyone has a gif).

As much as I agree, he also looks even better to me. I wonder if Hogan makes the team, he has real competition this year (and I know someone who just got his jersey).

EJs pass to Clay (not Cray) was easy. He was wide open. His pass to Gragg however, was a grown a$$ man throw. And it was right in front of where I was sitting!

Part of the reason EJ's well-placed laser to Clay looked so "easy" was because of how well EJ looked off the safety. Quarterbacking is much more than throwing.

Part of the reason EJ's well-placed laser to Clay looked so "easy" was because of how well EJ looked off the safety. Quarterbacking is much more than throwing.

Good throws are still good throws in the preseason. The laws of physics don't change. Edited by PromoTheRobot

That was a sick block.

Hard to knock any of that. Easley is a tough SOB.

If they not going to ever play him as a WR . I think they should switch him to becoming a safety . George Wilson was able to do it and I think Easley is a much better tackler . He could become a good strong Safety .

Easley doesn't play WR because he isn't good. ever been to training camp to watch them practice? he made his niche on special teams and he's really good at it because he does the things you mentioned. but we have literally 5 or 6 receivers that are better than him on our roster so don't expect him to get any playing time on offense

You consistently make the most absolute statements on this board with nothing to back them up but your opinion. Maybe tone it down a little? Not everything is so black and white.

Tell that to the folks at WGR (Sal excepted).

GO BILLS!!!

You consistently make the most absolute statements on this board with nothing to back them up but your opinion. Maybe tone it down a little? Not everything is so black and white.

I ignore everything he says. He likes to bring people down, but not even with good logic.