GR postgame unbelievably predicts Cassel as the starter

Listening to the GR post-game show, and somehow, they are still thinking Matt Cassel is the starter. The rationale? He played the smallest amount, like Rapelisberger, so he's the starter. Never mind how the QB's actually played in a game situation. EJ has been in third place (so they say) since the start of TC, so he's still third.

Based on his performance, Cassel is at best a good backup. EJ or Tyrod CLEARLY earned the job today. Cassel showed why he's a good 3rd string emergency guy. At $4.5M, the Bills are paying a lot for an emergency veteran guy, but it's worth it if you need it. Anyone pushing Cassel as the starter is delusional, IMHO. Are you really going to discount those dimes by EJ? The clutch runs by Tyrod? No wonder people think that GR announcers have an agenda and personal bias.

I like EJ, but have no problems if Tyrod is named the starter and EJ the backup. If Cassel is higher than 2 on the QB depth chart, it's going to be a major bummer. It also doesn't say much for rewarding performance.

Make the right call Rex.

1A. EJ

1B. Tyrod

3. Cassel

4. Simms to the PS if he has eligibility and clears waivers.

Edited by Fred Jackson Jockstrap

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is beyond belief. It really is. If Cassel is named the starter I give it to the end of the 1st Quarter in game 1 before RWS boos him back to the sideline. You cannot show fans the improvement of EJ and the xfactor of Tyrod and then try and tell them the next time they sit in RWS they will be watching Matt Cassel lead the Bills into the season. Fans are not stupid.

It would be mutiny.

I don't find it all that surprising. If you were using today's game to pick your QB I doubt Cassel gets the pick, but you can only take so much away from a few possessions.

I'm not using just this game. In the preseason games, for me it's been EJ, Tyrod (by a hair), and Cassel. Coller is saying that Ryan is putting more on practice (we talkin' 'bout PRAC-tice) than on preseason games. I always put more on real game situations. Some guys just don't practice well.

I don't find it all that surprising. If you were using today's game to pick your QB I doubt Cassel gets the pick, but you can only take so much away from a few possessions.

i know it's only preseason, but all things considered...cassel seems to have the least natural ability and the largest body of mediocre work. but, coaches do like their veterans, and we do not see what happens at practices or in the film rooms. oh well, i just really want to go with the young blood.