Preseason Game 3: 8/29 - Steelers @ Bills at 4 PM ET on NFLN

Here's to hoping EJ ends up with numbers somewhat like this;

1st Drive - 4/4, 45 yards passing, 0 rushing yards, Carpenter FG

2nd Drive - 5/6, 55 yards passsing, 8 rushing yards, 23 yard TD pass to Thompson

3rd Drive - 5/7, 50 yards passing, 12 rushing yards, 12 yard TD run by EJ

As he exits, he has a final line of 14/17, 150 yards passing, 20 rushing yards, 2 TDs (1 rushing)

Would this win him the job?

Mmmm

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch: Steelers-Bills Game Preview (3:47)
Chris Brown and John Murphy preview Buffalo's preseason game against the Pittsburgh Steelers, and talk about EJ Manuel getting the start at quarterback.

Five players to watch

There are some recent roster additions who are expected to see more playing time Saturday. They're among our five players to watch vs. Pittsburgh.

Biggest day of ej Manuel's career! Let's see what he's got!

As I've stated previously I don't believe he has a realistic chance to win the starting job (this year), but all I'm truly hoping for in this game is that he doesn't lay an egg. Keep building upon what he has done in the first two games. I think he has shown enough to stay on the roster and continue to develop.

@SalSports

Several Bills WRs have huge opportunity against Steelers: http://www.wgr550.com/Several-Bills-WRs-have-huge-opportunity-against-St/21910311

@salmaiorana

Game day for the #Bills. Another chance for rookies like LB Tony Steward to make an impression. http://on.rocne.ws/1EpJcKo

via @DandC_Sports

I'm unfortunately not going to see a minute of the game live as I have an engagement party at 6pm that is 4 hours away. Gonna have to record it and watch it Sunday night sometime.

so sorry dude.... do you have Satellite radio in your car?? on occasion they have "free" broadcasts. It was on yesterday so I can assume it will be on this weekend. ESPN, Mad Dog and Bleacher were the 3 channels I scan when its free weekends

Agree. Crazy-- but his career could be on the line today. No pressure, or anything...

Just look at what he did last week with the pressure of his knowing his Bills career was on the line and getting it done while dealing with bad snaps and no protection. I think he gained a ton of confidence in himself and from the team. I'm expecting EJ to perform well tonight. If he doesn't then no one, including the EJ supporters like myself, can complain he's not the starting QB.

Just look at what he did last week with the pressure of his knowing his Bills career was on the line and getting it done while dealing with bad snaps and no protection. I think he gained a ton of confidence in himself and from the team. I'm expecting EJ to perform well tonight. If he doesn't then no one, including the EJ supporters like myself, can complain he's not the starting QB.

I have a feeling he's going to really shine. seemed like the light bulb went on last week.

Edited by JR in Pittsburgh