EJ Will Start Pittsburgh Game

I went on that not based on any implication but after people were over gushing about his performance in the first preseason game. In fact, I think people have over gushed about his performance in both preseason games. He's looked OK. Taylor has looked better in my opinion. I think most would agree with me.

I agree with both of those statements.

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The TD is worth 6 whether it is passed in or ran in. He's delivered 2 catchable balls to Thompson in the endzone and they haven't been caught. He's also only had 6 possessions, so the sample size is pretty small to just assume he can't do it.

Having your QB scramble in the red zone is a recipe for disaster, yes, not enough to go on with his body of work so far. But Tyrods stlye is pretty evident, as is EJ's. Being able to pass hard down where the field is shortened keeps defenses honest. When a QB starts running around down there the defense can just tee off. It's why through the history of the NFL, its the great PASSERS win it all. Not the scramblers. That was my point the other day when I said something about TD passes, vs. IDC how we score. I do care how we score, we need a passer, and to my eyes, EJ is more that guy than the other two.

Again, there is this narrative on here that people have an anti-EJ agenda. Why? Why would anyone root against a first round draft picky by the team they love more than anything with a ton of physical tools? For Christ's sake, if he appeared to be developing into a good QB, everyone would be cool with it, I can assure you. Some just don't see it.

Because people think EJ has no chance. Good sir, in and of itself is considered an Anti EJ agenda.

Your Dark Side is showing my friend. I thought you didn't have negative feelings for EJ.

REMEMBER ... half of what is being posted is retaliation to the people who said EJ has no chance and is the SURE #3 QB.

It's a competition and YES this proves EJ is in it. Who will win? We will have to wait and see.

Dude I've praised you twice already. Read on. This guy said that this news means EJ is now ahead. That is an insane point of view. He is in it, I agree with you. But he is not ahead.

it was weird - it went from commercial to sound bite of EJ after the Cleveland game. Then I heard Schopp clear his throat and back to commercial. Not kidding.

Same here! And he jsut came back with "...web stream is dow..." and then it cut back to commercial. They dont know what to do! :lol:

Having your QB scramble in the red zone is a recipe for disaster, yes, not enough to go on with his body of work so far. But Tyrods stlye is pretty evident, as is EJ's. Being able to pass hard down where the field is shortened keeps defenses honest. When a QB starts running around down there the defense can just tee off. It's why through the history of the NFL, its the great PASSERS win it all. Not the scramblers. That was my point the other day when I said something about TD passes, vs. IDC how we score. I do care how we score, we need a passer, and to my eyes, EJ is more that guy than the other two.

That's your opinion, and it's a fine one. My opinion is that I'd like our offense to have sustained drives and score as often as possible.

I think it's pretty clear EJ has been improving and the coaches are rewarding him.

Maybe he wasn't that good the last two years and the beginning of camp. But now he seems to be getting better.

It's obvious to me that people made their decisions about him, emotionally invested themselves, and now are hoping he fails to prove a point. I think they need to look in the mirror and ask themselves what's more important.

This is probably true/ However, people who give EJ unlimited excuses need to do the same.

That's your opinion, and it's a fine one. My opinion is that I'd like our offense to have sustained drives and score as often as possible.

All good, man,I think we're all just scrambling to keep up with this thread and the news right now

Y'all can debate/spin this any way you like, but no QB on the roster has thrown the ball better in two preseason games than EJ Manuel.

The coaches know that, the players know that, and Rex is a smart man for giving EJ a fair shake by starting him this week.

So, I'm happy for EJ. I was at the Browns game and at times I saw a little hesitation/lack of confidence but he seemed to be making good decisions. I remember thinking he's improved but not quite ready yet, but who's to say whether it happens sooner or later? Rex is going to try for sooner. Good for him.

For those who haven't, definitely worth the 7 minutes watching Rex's press conference on the Bills' website. Gives a lot of perspective, IMO, about giving the opportunity to Manuel and the game performances played a large part. So happy to have Rex as our coach thus far. He's been consistent about the process, telling us not to make too much out of things and letting the process play out.