Bills +3 versus Indy

jumbalaya

You have to bet the Bills. New coach, defense will be smoking, energized stadium.

Last 5 QBs to play at the Ralph:

• 84 / 158 53% Completion Rate
  • 876 Passing Yards = 175 yards per game average
  • 1 TD
  • 7 INTs

I don't care how good Luck is, he will be running for his life all day.

Rodgers the only one of the 5 that compares to Luck was 17/42 185 0 TDs, 2 INT

Bet the money line and win extra big.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think with Dareus we had a chance, without his presence in the middle stopping the run and putting pressure on Luck, Im not seeing it. Him being out was huge loss for this contest

Red Bryant is pretty good against the run himself. He'll help.

I think with Dareus we had a chance, without his presence in the middle stopping the run and putting pressure on Luck, Im not seeing it. Him being out was huge loss for this contest

Sure it's a loss, but per usual your take is a little overboard. The two Bryants (Corbin and Red) are very good replacements and the Bills have had all summer to prepare for Dareus' absence in this one game.

Sure it's a loss, but per usual your take is a little overboard. The two Bryants (Corbin and Red) are very good replacements and the Bills have had all summer to prepare for Dareus' absence in this one game.

This. We may not win but if we don't I have a hard time thinking it will be solely due to the absence of dareus when reportedly Corbin Bryant has had an awesome camp, we have suddenly even more depth with red Bryant, and we have 3 other studs next to him. Obviously losing Dareus last year in Oakland midgame without time to prepare was an issue, but the sorry state of indy's OL and their general aversion to running the ball helps us in his 1 game out. Plus the ability to game plan with the knowledge of no Dareus.

The plus 3 line sounds about right to me. With the HFA usually yielding 3 points, they are basically saying they think Colts by 6, right? Or am I off since I know nothing about gambling. Either way, Colts by a TD or less makes sense to me. If I recall correctly the Bears game last year was bills +6 on the road. I hope to prove them wrong again!

Edited by YoloinOhio

You have to bet the Bills. New coach, defense will be smoking, energized stadium.

Last 5 QBs to play at the Ralph:

• 84 / 158 53% Completion Rate
  • 876 Passing Yards = 175 yards per game average
  • 1 TD
  • 7 INTs

I don't care how good Luck is, he will be running for his life all day.

Rodgers the only one of the 5 that compares to Luck was 17/42 185 0 TDs, 2 INT

Bet the money line and win extra big.

The Colts have nothing outside of Luck. And tell me Jerry Hughes won't have something to prove? Bills in a rout.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

The Colts have nothing outside of Luck. Bills in a rout.

:lol: Something of an exaggeration, don't you think? The offense is legit. Defense? Not so much. Where I give the Bills an edge is in preparation and the fact Luck has not been an All-Pro (a) early in the season and (b) on the road against good opponents.

I'm a big believer the Colts are overrated simply because they have Luck and are in a weak division. But damn, that quarterback.

The Bills being an underdog in a home game will be just the added incentive they need -- the coaches and players DO look at the spreads.

edited for lack of coffee.

WOW Bills +3 is a bigger number than about what I expected. 3 is the default spread for the home team. So they are saying the Bills w/o a proven QB is even with Luck?

The Indy D must be really bad.

By 10? :flirt:

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

The Colts have nothing outside of Luck. And tell me Jerry Hughes won't have something to prove? Bills in a rout.

the Colts have an elite passing game with a large and deep group of stud WRs and an elite CB. And Luck.the Bills know they need to run.the.ball, keep Luck off the field as much as possible, and not turn the ball over. The defense will be very critical but most important is the Bills need to score points on offense. They can't get into a shootout, but Luck WILL get his. There is no defense for the perfect pass.

Weak areas Bills can exploit:

OL/pass protection

Run D

In other words, control the LOS.

Edited by YoloinOhio

It looks like a typical 'week 1 and we have no idea' line.

I have to admit--I thought the Colts would be favored by more, especially without Dareus. They're a better team because of Luck, and with Gore, they should be able to run it. I'm not saying the Bills don't have a chance, but I've long chalked this one up as a loss.

:lol: Something of an exaggeration, don't you think? The offense is legit. Defense? Not so much. Where I give the Bills an edge is in preparation and the fact Luck has not been an All-Pro (a) early in the season and (b) on the road against good opponents.

I'm a big believer the Colts are overrated simply because they have Luck and are in a weak division. But damn, that quarterback.

The Bills being an underdog in a home game will be just the added incentive they need -- the coaches and players DO look at the spreads.

No, I don't think I'm exaggerating at all. How good is the Colts O-line? PFF had them ranked #17 last year. How will they fare against our our D-line, with a Jerry Hughes looking to prove something? That is going to limit Luck's effectiveness.

Colts running game? In 2014 they ranked 22nd. Even with Dareus out, they won't be able to run on us. That puts all the scoring on Luck's shoulders. Gore? Roman can give Thurman some tips on how to stop him.

Defensively, the Colts were 18th against the run in 2014. And from what I read, the Colts do not have a clear-cut NT yet. I think the Bills run game is a little better this year.

So outside of QB, I don't see where the Colts are that much better than the Bills.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I have to admit--I thought the Colts would be favored by more, especially without Dareus. They're a better team because of Luck, and with Gore, they should be able to run it. I'm not saying the Bills don't have a chance, but I've long chalked this one up as a loss.

their issue last year with running the ball was part RB talent but mostly OL. If they haven't fixed that yet, Gore won't make a huge difference in the ability to run the ball. Where I think he will make a bigger impact is his experience and ability to block in pass pro. The Colts are dreadful in this area and that hasn't improved yet in the PS.

I don't ever chalk up any games as wins or losses because in the NFL I find that nearly impossible but this game looks like a great matchup to me.

Edited by YoloinOhio

If we dont have leodis back and playing well, they'll have 4 wr's out there a lot.

That means Darby and probably Brooks in single coverage against Luck.

They are gonna score some points. Luck didnt throw 40 td's by mistake last year, then again he didnt play in Buffalo with our crowd either. No Dareus hurts but we have the Bryant boys they looked good in camp.

I think we steal the win if TT plays and Karlos is healthy. Gotta keep Luck on the bench, we are built to beat teams like Indy.

WOW By +3 is a bigger number than I expected. 3 is the default spread for the hoe team. So they are saying the Bills w/o a proven QB is even with Luck?

The Indy D must be really bad.

By 10? :flirt:

You have that mixed up. They're saying that the Bills w/o a proven QB is 6 points worse than Luck, but with the 3 points for the home team, it's only +3.

Dave, you seem to be a bit more on the conservative side when it comes to the Bills so I'm not surprised by this, but if you truly evaluate the matchup from top to bottom (including coaching) there's really only one position at which the Colts are superior. Granted, it's a big one, but this looks really good on paper for the Bills.

Our d will be fine, I can see a couple sacks, fumble and interception. Tyrd, with Sammy and clay should be able to burn their secondary, McCoy will get about 140 yes running and pass catching, tyrd will play great, it could easily be a long day for Indy d.