Send Your Complaints to WGR Advertisers

ToGoGo

The "ONLY time". You seem pretty sure about that. I'd like to know how everybody seems to know that. Or is that just the only time you've heard about it publicly

Popular and controversial do tend to go together. However, not every company wants to be associated with controversial. That's where everybody in this thread misses the point. That's where the humor in the previous joke ends.

Yeah I am.

In this case with WGR and sports radio "controversial" is having dissenting sports opinion. There is no negative association unless there are sexist, racist or homophobic remarks that are being spewed. In your case you are making a stink because you don't agree with the opinions by the people of WGR. You are the one that is missing the point.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike Schoop. He's a tool.

What exactly are you looking for in a drive time sports talk host? Some "yes man" who tickles your taint while talking about how awesome the you are when you call in?

I enjoy Schoop and the Bulldog and think they are very self aware and funny, even if I don't agree with them sometimes. If the guys on the radio make you frustrated to the point you want them fired, you might need to reevaluate some things in your life....turn the dial, it will be ok....Perpetrators!

Edited by RayFinkle

I explained my logic perfectly clear later on the 1st page. Everybody seems to be ignoring it.

But now we're putting pressure on the station. More pressure than anybody has managed to put on before. If that happened we would be getting somewhere.

I'm hearing a lot of dismissal and people laughing at me who have never tried doing anything like this. The main laughing point seems to be that the "joke is on me because advertisers will love the attention".

This may be funny in your head, but there are many advertisers who sponsor WGR because they are a popular sports radio show, not because they are controversial. Many would leave quick if they felt any negative effects at all. They are doing it for 100% positive reasons, not for negative attention. Not every small business owner is a Donald Trump type industrialist who just wants any publicity.

Logic is self-evident

I'm going to call that Volkswagen of Orchard Park and when they ask what I want, I'm going to say I want to just shoot the breeze for awhile and when I'm ready to complain then we'll get on with that.

Maybe because it only exists in your head?

Nope. The concept of being against boycotts of the media/public speakers has been around forever. I certainly didn't invent it.

It's simply the only logical position a person can have, if they both truly understand and fully support the concept of free speech.

God bless America.

"Yeah, is this Original Pizza Logs? This is Leo from Cheektowaga. I'm not buying another log because Mike Schoop doesn't agree with me that EJ Manuel is a starting caliber quarterback."

Fight the flight, take it to the man!

What exactly are you looking for in a drive time sports talk host? Some "yes man" who tickles your taint while talking about how awesome the you are when you call in?

Line of the week! "You want someone who tickles your taint while talking about how awesome you are?" Hell yes man! Hell yes! As long as that someone is a she. And she is a hottie.

Thanks for the chuckle man. :thumbsup:

i listen on the app and don't get the local commercials, so i called up jimmy pardo from the hit podcast "never not funny" and complained about mike schopp. he told me i could determine whether or not my car needs new tires by sticking a penny in the treads and seeing how much of lincoln's head is obscured. thanks jimmy!

• 1 month later...

As much as it pains me to do so I listen to WEEI out of Boston instead of WGR in the afternoon .The Pats fan boys can be nauseating but the afternoon hosts are all very good. The Pegula's really should put some pressure on to get some talent at WGR to cover the Bills, they are totally unlistenable in the current format.

It finally occurred to me what WGR reminds me of: a high school radio station. Schopp is the cranky faculty adviser.