Enough incoherence/whining from WGR re: EJ

It is no such thing if each of Manuel, Taylor, and Cassel get time with the 1st unit against Pittsburgh. That is indeed Rex has been hinting at this week. After Saturday's game, there will still be two weeks to get their starter prepared for the Colts behind closed doors at OBD.

In a pipe dream people were hoping that all three QBs would get equal reps and one would emerge victorious just in time for the game on Sept 13. In reality for real preparation, the coaches made the decision much quicker, as evidenced by the game and practice reps. It's just not practical to keep alternating QBs the closer you get to the start of the season. This week's reps are probably a good indication of where the coaches are leaning, supported further by speculation that Rex favors TT and Roman favors Cassell.

If EJ gets time with the ones, it's likely to be later in the third quarter, with many of the regulars gone.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in the crowd that doesn't care if EJ wins the job or not. Drafting a 1st rd QB next year is what I think is best regardless, love EJ's character but he has displayed inconsistency in every aspect of Qb since FSU. Whoever can lead the Bills to wins is what matters. If EJ develops then it's a great thing and it's definitely good to keep him at least as 3rd QB but no tears shed if he's gone.

That being said, WGR has been ridiculous and childish in the way they've commented and slanted the perception of the QB competition. The QB situation overall has not been as bad as they've advertised and every EJ overthrow is over-exaggerated badly. When it's not a pity party over their coverage being criticized it's the Schopp temper tantrums, I haven't tuned into the afternoon show in a few years now at all. Going to camp 2-3 times this year it's like I must be watching something different when I read the tweets and hear the updates, when receivers run a wrong route its not even mentioned if it was Cassel or Taylor.

Is EJ the answer this year? I agree with them that the answer is no.

Has EJ botched this summer as bad as they (a "professional" sports radio station) has said? No and its not even close.

This is what really shows the bias that I just do not know how some others do not see it. When the other 2 miss their targets there is a stat of 7/10 or 8/9 but usually the amount of yards EJ missed by is called out. I would have to thing there are times its there receivers fault but Blamed on EJ because its him throwing.

I also do not care who starts as long as they perform well. If Rex and the coaches already made up their minds I am good with it, but to complain that the fans want to see what EJ can do with the best players on the team(when, according to Rex it's a wide open competition still) seems silly of the staff at WGR.

In a pipe dream people were hoping that all three QBs would get equal reps and one would emerge victorious just in time for the game on Sept 13. In reality for real preparation, the coaches made the decision much quicker, as evidenced by the game and practice reps. It's just not practical to keep alternating QBs the closer you get to the start of the season. This week's reps are probably a good indication of where the coaches are leaning, supported further by speculation that Rex favors TT and Roman favors Cassell.

If EJ gets time with the ones, it's likely to be later in the third quarter, with many of the regulars gone.

Starters usually play three quarters in the 3rd preaseason "dress rehearsal" game. Giving each of them a one quarter wouldn't necessarily mean equal reps and IMO wouldn't impact readiness/preparations for the Colts in week 1. We shall soon see.

The crow is on the grill at this point. It's just a matter of who gets the platter.

IF EJ ends up starting week 1 all of the beat reporters, hosts, and commentators on WGR are going to look really, really bad. I mean the "they could not be more wrong" kind of bad.

If not then all of these people who are hell-bent on EJ "getting a chance" (as if he has never had one here) are going to have to accept that there was no vast media conspiracy, and the seeming coordination was just a consensus of what was obvious.

I've never thought that EJ did not get a shot...I do however think there's a good chance that these coaches recognize he needs to be coached up and see his potential...and even some improvement to this point...I don't think it's any coincidence that Cassel and TT were able to grasp things quicker than EJ...That much was pretty easy to predict...They have experience in the NFL under real offensive coaching...EJ does not...I've just felt from the get-go that EJ has the biggest upside of the three and the plan would be to bring him along like Roman did with Kaepernick...So my frustration has mainly been with this assumption that EJ was done and would be cut...I just can't fathom the logic in it... B-)

I've never thought that EJ did not get a shot...I do however think there's a good chance that these coaches recognize he needs to be coached up and see his potential...and even some improvement to this point...I don't think it's any coincidence that Cassel and TT were able to grasp things quicker than EJ...That much was pretty easy to predict...They have experience in the NFL under real offensive coaching...EJ does not...I've just felt from the get-go that EJ has the biggest upside of the three and the plan would be to bring him along like Roman did with Kaepernick...So my frustration has mainly been with this assumption that EJ was done and would be cut...I just can't fathom the logic in it... B-)

you and me brother...and i hope this is what happens. But he should get zero time with the 1's on Saturday.

Considering how much Pegula spent on the team, I'd politely ask the higher ups at WGR to significantly up their game. If they don't, I'd pull all interviews of players and coaches until they stop the 24/7 sadness factory. If EJ ever wins the starting job then it will be an all out airwaves war anyways.

Yeah, nothing works better than billionaires silencing the media.

This whole topic is a laugh. All worked up over "even EJ". It should dawn at some point on the OP that WGR has manipulated him exactly as it planned to---with predictable but favorable results for them. They love hate, and suckers bring it every day...

I Have a new name for EJ to be used when discussing about WGR's unbillevable obsession with this guy-

"Rent Free" Manuel- he is living "rent free" in their heads so we need to call him "Rent Free" instead of 'EJ" -has a nice ring to it!

I listen to WGR in down in the Carolinas on my way to and from work- they are possessed-

Yeah, nothing works better than billionaires silencing the media.

Either they silence the media or they control the media. Pick your poison.

Like a previous poster said, everybody is wasting their time complaining to WGR. You need to send emails or better yet tweet and post on social media to the advertisers. Preferably the smaller ones like Original Pizza Logs, Outlet Liquor, Belknap Heating and Cooling, Consumers Liquors, and Kaz companies. Advertisers that are small enough to read their complaints.

If you make those advertisers nervous, you will make WGR very nervous. Nothing will get them to change their tune faster.

Change the radio station. Their minds are already made up like yours are and you will always disagree. They are obviously done with EJ, like myself, and think its time to move on rather then field calls all day about a #3 QB taking taking up valuable first team reps or whining because "its not fair"

Haven't read every response on this thread but last night Sal hosted the John Murphy Show and he had on the guy from Bills Digest and Sal and him were in adamant agreement that although EJ looked decent in both preseason games, he dug way too big a hole for himself in camp, that every last reporter and spectator that has attended camp would agree that EJ is a distant third in the QB competition and that barring something totally unforeseen, he has no chance of starting week one. Not my opinion, just telling you what Sal himself said.

And as I've stated on here several times, John Murphy, who was the biggest EJ advocate of them all, said after the scrimmage but before the preseason games that the other two QB's have really shown progress and seem to be picking up the offense nicely and that he's just not seeing it with EJ. Again, I have no stake in this, I'm just telling you what John Murphy said.

So is there just a massive conspiracy here to undermine EJ Manuel? Could be, I don't know. Not sure why or who that would benefit but I don't know. I will insert my first opinion in this post and say that I actually don't mind Schopp at all and that if EJ Manuel fails it definitely will not be Mike Schopp's fault.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

You mean like Schopp asking on Twitter if fans who defend or support EJ are old Losman fans? :doh: WTH does Schopp even know about football and NFL quarterbacking? Not much from what I've heard from him.

But, but, but he is THE intellectual because some study supports never punting as the best approach on 4th down! Never mind that it was based on the current NFL success rate on 4th down - do you think those same coaches that are so dumb that they can't follow the "analytics" would go for it on 4th down if they didn't think that they had a very high probability of success? The "analytics" are questionable based on the sample set. Let's see, 4th and 8 from your own 15 yard line when leading by 7 in the first half is equivalent to 4th and 1 down by 7 at opponents 20 in the 4th qtr?

Change the radio station. Their minds are already made up like yours are and you will always disagree. They are obviously done with EJ, like myself, and think its time to move on rather then field calls all day about a #3 QB taking taking up valuable first team reps or whining because "its not fair"

It's funny how the narrative on here amongst the EJ fanatics back in the Spring was "Meh Cassel, what a joke, EJ will have no problem beating him out- hey I'll tell ya what, if EJ can't beat out Matt Cassel then I'll even admit it's not happening for him" and now the narrative has shifted to "it's not fair... there's a conspiracy by the media against him... my friend Gus went to camp one day and said EJ looked great... the coaches never gave him a fair shot... Mike Schopp is a meanie... poor coaching from the last regime is still to blame... look at Andy Dalton, he sucks too... I'd still rather have him than Ryan Tannehill (WHAT!?!)" I mean, where does this end guys? I hope you realize that this is turning EXACTLY into a Tim Tebow situation in terms of how those who still believe in him are perceived by rational, objective football fans.

And may I remind everyone that the very guy who started this thread said just a few short weeks ago, in black and white, for everyone to see, that Doug Marrone intentionally sabotaged EJ Manuel's career.

STOP TRYING TO MAKE EJ HAPPEN. IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

It's funny how the narrative on here amongst the EJ fanatics back in the Spring was "Meh Cassel, what a joke, EJ will have no problem beating him out- hey I'll tell ya what, if EJ can't beat out Matt Cassel then I'll admit that it's not happening for him" and now the narrative has shifted to "it's not fair... there's a conspiracy by the media against him... my friend Gus went to camp one day and said EJ looked great... the coaches never gave him a fair shot... Mike Schopp is a meanie... poor coaching from the last regime is still to blame... look at Andy Dalton, he sucks too... I'd still rather have him that Ryan Tannehill (WHAT!?!)" I mean, where does this end guys? I hope you realize that this is turning EXACTLY into a Tim Tebow situation in terms of how those who still believe in him are perceived by rational, objective football fans.

STOP TRYING TO MAKE EJ HAPPEN. IT'S NOT HAPPENING.

I will issue one final statement on the matter and then I am taking an oath to not comment on the QB situation until September 13th. I promise.

Schoop goin off about ez pass for like 15 mins right now

And yeah awesome to see the thread calling for an end of whining on wgr, ends up with guys whining about Ej supportors

Edited by mastershake

If a 1st round pick can't win the job over a guy who has barely played in the league and a backup journeyman then there is a problem.

As Buddy Nix said, it wasn't a good year to need a QB. Pretty much everyone knew it, but what can you do?

I don't blame the Bills. They had a need. They took a flier on a guy with serious flaws but possible huge upside. No big deal.

But don't pretend like EJ Manuel is some star just waiting for a shot. He has had plenty of shots to prove himself.

all these comments get even more credo the the rumor that PEGULAS want to buy their own radio ,tv station ...if they do GR is doomed ,, gee what a terrible idea , :thumbsup:

That is going to be a reality sooner than later.

Ironically, I think they will offer Howard Simon too much to say no to run it.

GO BILLS!!!

It's funny how the narrative on here amongst the EJ fanatics back in the Spring was "Meh Cassel, what a joke, EJ will have no problem beating him out- hey I'll tell ya what, if EJ can't beat out Matt Cassel then I'll admit that it's not happening for him" and now the narrative has shifted to "it's not fair... there's a conspiracy by the media against him... my friend Gus went to camp one day and said EJ looked great... the coaches never gave him a fair shot... Mike Schopp is a meanie... poor coaching from the last regime is still to blame... look at Andy Dalton, he sucks too... I'd still rather have him that Ryan Tannehill (WHAT!?!)" I mean, where does this end guys? I hope you realize that this is turning EXACTLY into a Tim Tebow situation in terms of how those who still believe in him are perceived by rational, objective football fans.

STOP TRYING TO MAKE EJ HAPPEN. IT'S NOT HAPPENING.

I will issue one final statement on the matter and then I am taking an oath to not comment on the QB situation until September 13th. I promise.

Alright man, I thought we were cool. I actually like you. You were one of three posters that was willing to go on record as saying you thought there was a better than 50% chance that EJ would develop into a franchise QB for the Bills*. I clearly cannot help myself and you can throw that oath out the window. Again, you can call me the Brett Favre of TBD.

*franchise QB defined as he will be our clear cut starter week 1 2017