Fear the Walking Dead.

Nervous Guy

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Susan......Susan......Susan

I am enjoying how they are all trying to figure out what is going on with the walkers. Seems like only Nick and the owner of the barbershop get it. It also seems that the Army personnel may have figured out that heads shots are all that take these things down, unless they did not have a clear shot of Susan because her husband was in the way and had to go for the head.

Susan......Susan......Susan

I am enjoying how they are all trying to figure out what is going on with the walkers. Seems like only Nick and the owner of the barbershop get it. .

I wouldn't count on the barber understanding it. Maybe...but he was also shooting someone with a load of bird shot, so his up-close head shot may simply represent that.

One thing he does get is survival...he has a "I don't know what's going down, but ****'s going down again" survival attitude borne of El Salvador, apparently.

It also seems that the Army personnel may have figured out that heads shots are all that take these things down, unless they did not have a clear shot of Susan because her husband was in the way and had to go for the head

Likely the latter, I'd say. Given how often people are taking ineffective body shots (e.g. the hospital scene.)

Nice touch, too, implying (if not stating) the hospitals are unsafe and virtually epicenters of the dead. In any real sort of severe pandemic, that's what they end up being.

I hate to admit this, but I've gotten a little bored with this. Maybe I'm just really spoiled by TWD. But I'll keep watching for sure.

Yeah, the action is very limited. I have to admit this last episode did nothing for me except hate the stupid Dad. Wonder if he'll turn into Rick Jr., that would be quite the turn. I'll be patient with this for a few more episodes.

Yeah, the action is very limited. I have to admit this last episode did nothing for me except hate the stupid Dad. Wonder if he'll turn into Rick Jr., that would be quite the turn. I'll be patient with this for a few more episodes.

I hope he grows a pair. I agree. Although there are only 3 episodes left in this season. So hopefully now that the panic has started it'll get more action too.

I hate to admit this, but I've gotten a little bored with this. Maybe I'm just really spoiled by TWD. But I'll keep watching for sure.

TWD took diverse characters, threw them together, and developed the characters and their relationships organically.

FTWD is trying to convince you that these characters have pre-existing relationships and conflicts, which is always a harder sell. When the current wife tells the ex-wife to kill her if she ever turns because the husband couldn't handle it, we have little reason to care because we haven't seen the dynamic between the three evolve; we've merely been told about it.

TWD took diverse characters, threw them together, and developed the characters and their relationships organically.

FTWD is trying to convince you that these characters have pre-existing relationships and conflicts, which is always a harder sell. When the current wife tells the ex-wife to kill her if she ever turns because the husband couldn't handle it, we have little reason to care because we haven't seen the dynamic between the three evolve; we've merely been told about it.

But they can emphasize what she said and show why it is correct. They keep hinting that she is more aggressive while he is passive. I have seen a couple rumors on line about her that would be a major major spoiler. I don't agree but can possibly see it. I won't ruin it by stating it here.

He will figure it out when either the ex or his son get eaten. One or both of them is not long for the world on this show.