After the Browns game, who do you want as Bills starting QB?

BustaTimes

After the Browns game, who do you want as Bills starting QB?  

332 members have voted

1. 1. After the Browns game, who do you want as Bills starting QB?

• Tyrod Taylor
    • EJ Manuel
    • Matt Cassell
    • Matt Simms
    • Someone else
    • It's too early to tell

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've seen Cassel throw something like 7 passes, I am holding off until half time of the Steelers game... I imagine Cassel will start the first half and we should know by then what we have in him. I do like Taylor, I just need to see matt a little more.

I thought Cassel didn't play last night because we already know what we have in him.

What is the single biggest thing Roman said he was looking for

Consistancy

Who has been the most consistant QB in camp

Tyrod Taylor

I agree.

But I also understand that he's looking for consistency in multiple aspects of the game that fans cannot discern. Leadership and the nuances of each play.

I thought Cassel didn't play last night because we already know what we have in him.

Not only us, but the rest of the league knows what we have in him.

Give Tyrod and EJ more time on the field.

He played in the first pre-season game. At that game we seen him throw around 6-8 passes and I believe he only had 1 in-completion, and had a sweet pass across the middle to Sammy that was called back for an offensive pass interference.

Edited by mikef272002

One thing is obvious (at least at this stage), the Bills QB situation isn't quite the dumpster fire it was made out to be during the workouts and training camp.

Agreed. I thought both TT and EJ looked above-average, esp. with the 15th string WR's they had. EJ had some nice throws to Andre Davis, who looks like a stud. My only concern with TT is will his arm hold up for an entire season of throwing the ball.

Why in the hell would anyone say EJ? He made some good throws when guys were wide open, covered by walk-ons, but any adversity and he was shaky as ever, fumbling half the time.

he wasn't terrible. I think TT was better, but EJ didn't have the top O-line protecting him, and he made good throws into coverage hitting Thompson I believe to get the ball to the 1 yard line, and 2 nice throws to A. Davis. (the first incomplete due to PI).

Agreed. I thought both TT and EJ looked above-average, esp. with the 15th string WR's they had. EJ had some nice throws to Andre Davis, who looks like a stud. My only concern with TT is will his arm hold up for an entire season of throwing the ball.

he wasn't terrible. I think TT was better, but EJ didn't have the top O-line protecting him, and he made good throws into coverage hitting Thompson I believe to get the ball to the 1 yard line, and 2 nice throws to A. Davis. (the first incomplete due to PI).

How is that a concern? He's been a quarterback his entire football career. He had nearly the same number of attempts in college as EJ.

I want Tyrod or EJ to earn it. Has little to do with last night - it's always been more about the long-term prospects for them vs Cassel, and to solidify the position for a few years so that we can concentrate on other things.

How is that a concern? He's been a quarterback his entire football career. He had nearly the same number of attempts in college as EJ.

Someone said the same thing yesterday. It's the weirdest thing.

Since when do young QBs' arms wear down? Is it because he's ONLY 6'1"?

I can't really comprehend how anyone would want EJ to start at this point. I am not saying we should cut him, but start him week 1?!?!

I'd be shocked if TT is not the starter in Week 1.

I voted for EJ but I'm essentially in the anybody but Cassel camp. Cassel completely eliminates any read option/moving pocket threat as well as any real threat down the field. EJ and TT both threaten a defense in ways to prevent them from crashing the run game.

I was really impressed by EJ last night. He was on the field with absolutely nothing and drove the field to win the game. It would have been really easy to pack it in the way the line was getting abused but he fought through it. Our major complaint was his accuracy. He was on last night. Palmer dropped a backshoulder TD that was thrown away from the safety. Andre Davis dropped a beautiful throw in the EZ and EJ made a perfect pass to Davis for the eventual score. On the 2pt conversion he showed nice poise flagging down the wide snap and executing the play. The most encouraging throw to me though was the one where he stepped up in the pocket and threw a laser to Gragg on the run over the middle. In the past that might have been a tuck and run or a missed opportunity. He moved his feet under control and delivered the ball.

I want to see EJ with the 1's next week so we can make a fair comparison.

I can't really comprehend how anyone would want EJ to start at this point. I am not saying we should cut him, but start him week 1?!?!

I know I'm not at practice every day, but in the 2 games I saw he looked like he earned a shot to play with some actual players next week, then we can judge.

I can't comprehend how you can't comprehend. It's really not that complicated.

EJ SUCKS!!! They said it here.