Jags Offense Looking Good?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently, things are looking promising on the offensive side in Jags land.

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2015/8/17/9163519/every-blake-bortles-pass-from-friday-nights-preseason-opener

Assistant Head Coach and Offensive Line coach is one Doug Marrone.

QB coach for Jags is one Nate Hackett.

Its still very early of course, but prevailing wisdom on this board was that the combined offensive genius of Doug and Nate would ruin the Jags.

I actually went through all those throws. The Jags have been one of the few AFC teams I'd root for, after the Bills, since they came into the league. I was hoping to see something, but those first two passes were both hospital passes, then almost all the other passes were underneath throws or check downs. I don't know if that's all he was being given, but it seemed very simplistic and easily contained in the regular season. Not as impressed as the writer of that article apparently was.

It's freakin preseason...

week 1 non the less. At least in weeks 2 and 3 you get starters playing the whole first half and even into the second half. Week 1 is nothing more than vanilla game plans and just shaking the rust off of starters for a couple of drives. The Jags have some interesting skill position players and if they can develop Blake then they might have something in a year or two. But right now it's still a year away at the very least. And week one pre-season is the worst indicator.

I'd like to punch Toby Gerhardt in the nuts.

Guy got my fantasy team 5 points all year long.

marrone sucks. Jags suck.

Obviously

lol

In one of my leagues, I drafter the All-White team. Not to be racist, just to see what could be accomplished.

Toby Gerhart was my main back.

Things didn't go well. The injury to Danny Woodhead was a big blow.

I think some guys are better assistant coaches than they are head coaches. Wouldn't shock me to see Marrone be one of those guys.

Marrone and Hackett, just like Jauron and Schoenert before them, will look like geniuses Weeks 1 and 2. Once teams have tape, their schemes are quickly figured out and whether it's hubris or confidence you pick - they will not change the plan and the results will suffer.

So yeah, I'm sure things look good in Jags camp. They looked good in Bills camp. Let's talk Week 3.