Rapid Reaction - 10 Observations about Tonight's Game

There's reports of times as fast as 4.23 out there as well. No doubt he's quick, the need to quantify exactly how quick is almost a moot point.

I'd be tempted to say that he's battling Goodwin more than Hogan because of the stylistic similarities between them. I went into TC thinking Hogan was a lock for the backup slot & ST role and I still think that's the case unless there's a dramatic swing in the next 2/3 games.

I don't think Hogan is a lock... Just my opinion... I can't remember a time that he was thrown a ball that was catchable and I was surprised he dropped it... Super athlete, seems like a great kid- can't catch a cold

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Hogan is a lock... Just my opinion... I can't remember a time that he was thrown a ball that was catchable and I was surprised he dropped it... Super athlete, seems like a great kid- can't catch a cold

ive noticed the "he has never dropped anything" storyline has died down a little. I know there was back and forth on this topic last year and expected you to get push back. i think hes a little better than your giving credit, but i never liked that argument for him.

Injuries.....Boobie..calf Easley...legiment in knee and one of the backup D linemen (Bryant?) My prediction on the roster....somebody will end up on IR...maybe two.....I think one can be reactivated after mid season...so see who you need the most at that time...pay the other guy to heal and sit. The D lineman is worrysome, as he was projected as starting the opener when Darius sits out his suspension. And, it looks to me like Freds time is over...none the less, he is vet leadership, and a winner needs some of that. Don't know who else can deliver than with Fred's credibility.

There's reports of times as fast as 4.23 out there as well. No doubt he's quick, the need to quantify exactly how quick is almost a moot point.

I'd be tempted to say that he's battling Goodwin more than Hogan because of the stylistic similarities between them. I went into TC thinking Hogan was a lock for the backup slot & ST role and I still think that's the case unless there's a dramatic swing in the next 2/3 games.

I just wonder if notion of needing a traditional slot WR (whatever that is) really fits on this offense and with this personnel. Clay will be catching a lot of balls in that area, as will the backs. And we already saw the play where even a smaller WR like Goodwin did a catch and run across the middle, close to the line, and turn it into a big gain. This offense is mostly about fast guys running in all areas of the field, getting them some space, and letting them run...versus parking guys in specific areas looking for size matchups

I'm really confused. I'll preface this by saying I have always been an EJ fan. So the scrimmage was important, EJ out played Cassel and Taylor, yet he still sucks. In the game EJ was the only one to complete a pass longer than ten yards, still he sucks. EJ threw a bad pass while rolling to his left and everyone points to that and says see, same old EJ. Cam Newton threw two horrible passes only completed 50% of his passes, same as EJ and yet Cam is an NFL star and EJ sucks. I don't get it.

I'm really confused. I'll preface this by saying I have always been an EJ fan. So the scrimmage was important, EJ out played Cassel and Taylor, yet he still sucks. In the game EJ was the only one to complete a pass longer than ten yards, still he sucks. EJ threw a bad pass while rolling to his left and everyone points to that and says see, same old EJ. Cam Newton threw two horrible passes only completed 50% of his passes, same as EJ and yet Cam is an NFL star and EJ sucks. I don't get it.

Don't even bother trying. EJ is polarizing and I think he bears some of the burden and frustration of fans with the Bills' inability to find a Franchise QB since Kelly was under center. EJ just evokes visceral feelings of disgust from some fans and always will. It is what it is.

Don't even bother trying. EJ is polarizing and I think he bears some of the burden and frustration of fans with the Bills' inability to find a Franchise QB since Kelly was under center. EJ just evokes visceral feelings of disgust from some fans and always will. It is what it is.

It would be easier to understand if he were lazy or dumb.

Welcome to Buffalo. Living here in Pa. Steeler country. I remember watching Big Ben his first few years.His rookie year was bad. Randle El had more passing yards than him in the super bowl.Worst Qb rating in a super bowl win. It still takes time to develop most young QBs ,no matter what they say.

I see Hogan as a lock. Football Outsiders had him as the 66th best receiver in the NFL last year (fwiw),, and he caught 41 passes on 61 targets. That's a very high percentage. Also, Greg Roman apparently loves him. I certainly wouldn't read too much into a preseason drop. Personally, I like him as a player. He's a good route runner and a good athlete, and you need those guys.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr

I see Hogan as a lock. Football Outsiders had him as the 66th best receiver in the NFL last year (fwiw),, and he caught 41 passes on 61 targets. That's a very high percentage. Also, Greg Roman apparently loves him. I certainly wouldn't read too much into a preseason drop. Personally, I like him as a player. He's a good route runner and a good athlete, and you need those guys.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr

Looks stiff to me. Not very fluid running and his drops are rising. I don`t like Glass Goodwin either ..alligator arms and too many drops also.

Finally got to watch the game and I agree with many of the thoughts I've seen.

Roman (and the players, key point) was able to structure the offense to take advantage of each QB. Each of our top 3 have different skill sets and in the first preseason game Roman (and the players) were able to adjust to each. The biggest difference is between Meh and TT but, as I said all 3 have different things that they do well.

I would not be surprised to see the juggling continue into the season. If he's not named the starter I don't see TT sitting the bench or being a gadget player. If Meh or EJ ends up being named the starter I think TT will still get significant playing time (double digit plays). JMO.

Finally got to watch the game and I agree with many of the thoughts I've seen.

Roman (and the players, key point) was able to structure the offense to take advantage of each QB. Each of our top 3 have different skill sets and in the first preseason game Roman (and the players) were able to adjust to each. The biggest difference is between Meh and TT but, as I said all 3 have different things that they do well.

I would not be surprised to see the juggling continue into the season. If he's not named the starter I don't see TT sitting the bench or being a gadget player. If Meh or EJ ends up being named the starter I think TT will still get significant playing time (double digit plays). JMO.

Yeah,we just don`t know which way they want to go.T.T. might get wacked running. Watch some more games until we get a real look at these guys.

ive noticed the "he has never dropped anything" storyline has died down a little. I know there was back and forth on this topic last year and expected you to get push back. i think hes a little better than your giving credit, but i never liked that argument for him.

I'm not trying to imply he's trash- I just don't think he warrants a spot on this roster for his ST ability alone...