Ok, I give up -- EJ will be 3rd string or cut

eball

"meh" is a synonym for "blah" -- it's not "he sucks." Is there anyone you are aware of who is excited about Matt Cassel? Anyone? Calling him "meh" doesn't mean not rooting for him to succeed.

Well, I was exited about seeing him complete 7-8 passes Friday! More exited to see someone who can actually HIT a moving target.

Excited about Cassel? No. Excited to hopefully see a QB complete more than 1 throw at at time, maybe not in their own backfield? Yes.

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What you don't want is for the Bills to go to the Super Bowl with Taylor because then they might believe they have found their guy? Now I've really heard it all. Let's just enjoy the ride guys. The 2015 Buffalo Bills are going to be really good. As much as I have somehow become the face of the "haters" even though I've never said anything beyond "I think it's less than likely that he develops into a franchise QB," I honestly believe that this team is a playoff team with any of the three guys at QB. I want them to keep all three guys, I really do. A poster the other day made an excellent point when he said that he doesn't want us to be the 2014 Arizona Cardinals- stuck with a great team and no QB because of a couple injuries. Let's just enjoy this season and not worry about 2016. We're going to be drafting in the 20's, who the hell knows what QB might be there. And then we have to wait around for him to develop and by that time, Kyle Williams is retired, Mario Williams is past his prime, etc. Let's enjoy the moment. And if that post was controversial then I really give up.

To your first sentence; no, that's not what I said....what I said was: regardless of the success or failure of the 2015 year, I want the BILLS to Draft a QB they (and by extension we as fans can) believe is the long-term QB future for the Buffalo BILLS. I would LOVE, repeat LOVE, for the BILLS to win the Superbowl whether its Taylor or freakin' Big Bird as QB, but I definitely ALSO want the BILLS to Draft their QB, Face of the Franchise, in 2016.

Umm, so you hope that a franchise QB doesn't emerge because we need a franchise QB? This couldn't make less sense to me. You do realize that the unlikely situation that you described could apply to Kurt Warner and Tom Brady right?

In Brady's case, he was younger, Drafted by that team and emerged after an injury. In Warner's case, he was essentially "discovered" while bagging groceries and upon entry into Dick Vermeil's Offense it was readily apparent that somehow, he slipped through the traditional NFL lens. In Taylor's case, he will be entering middle age for QBs (per se) and that I would like a more secure long-term determination so that the BILLS can finally, finally get off this QB carousel for the next decade plus.....And sorry, no matter how good Taylor plays, IMHO, he will never be that "Franchse QB" we both referenced. Just IMO, but to me Taylor could be good enough to win with the BILLS based on their current roster. However, a good Franchise type QB is an extremely gifted QB with the intelligence and intangibles to lead an Offense for 12 to 15 years regardless of roster changes, with the exception of a total implosion.

Good to escape the pocket while under pressure and bad not to finish the play with an accurate throw to an open O'Leary.

Yeah. When I'm looking for improvement from his rookie season, that's not a play I want to see. EJ's always been able to escape like that.

You've got room. Just set your feet and throw.

In Brady's case, he was younger, Drafted by that team and emerged after an injury. In Warner's case, he was essentially "discovered" while bagging groceries and upon entry into Dick Vermeil's Offense it was readily apparent that somehow, he slipped through the traditional NFL lens. In Taylor's case, he will be entering middle age for QBs (per se) and that I would like a more secure long-term determination so that the BILLS can finally, finally get off this QB carousel for the next decade plus.....And sorry, no matter how good Taylor plays, IMHO, he will never be that "Franchse QB" we both referenced. Just IMO, but to me Taylor could be good enough to win with the BILLS based on their current roster. However, a good Franchise type QB is an extremely gifted QB with the intelligence and intangibles to lead an Offense for 12 to 15 years regardless of roster changes, with the exception of a total implosion.

If he leads them to the Super Bowl as you suggested, how is he different than Warner (or Brady for that matter)? One was undrafted and the other, like Taylor, a late round pick. Kurt Warner was 28 (I believe) at the start of the 1999 season and Brady was like 24, Taylor turned 26 just 2 weeks ago. How is it that different?

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Yeah. When I'm looking for improvement from his rookie season, that's not a play I want to see. EJ's always been able to escape like that.

You've got room. Just set your feet and throw.

He had time and space after getting out on the edge. Just relax and drill it in there. I'm sure he knows that after looking at the tape.

Yeah, EJ threw 7 out of 8 good passes, but let's concentrate on the 1 bad one. Now that's cringe-worthy.

I don't focus on one throw. I'm just focusing on that one because it's the only on in this thread.

26CornerBlitz is the real bad guy here!!

He had time and space after getting out on the edge. Just relax and drill it in there. I'm sure he knows that after looking at the tape.

He knows it, but does he correct it? He's had trouble correcting it since 2013.

I don't focus on one throw. I'm just focusing on that one because it's the only on in this thread.

26CornerBlitz is the real bad guy here!!

He knows it, but does he correct it? He's had trouble correcting it since 2013.

Take it up with Mr. Dunne not me. :lol:

If he leads them to the Super Bowl as you suggested how is he different than Warner (or Brady for that matter)? One was undrafted and the other, like Taylor, a late round pick. Kurt Warner was 28 (I believe) at the start of the 1999 season and Brady was like 24, Taylor turned 26 2 weeks ago. How is it that different?

In my mind it's different based on age and projection. Warner is an outlier but even in that case, I would still want the BILLS to Draft a QB in 2016. As for Brady....do we really want to begin to compare Taylor to Brady? Brady will (unfortunately, much to the chagrin of BILLS fans everywhere) was one of, if not the, greatest QBs to play in the Super Bowl era and to do so at 24 is amazing. Additionally, both of the aforementioned QBs are pocket passers, more traditional and less at risk of serious injury. Of course Brady got the elbow to the knee, but that is a rare thing (and some might argue it was intentional), but the point being - I'm not saying "cut" Taylor or don't let him play or start if he demonstrates tremendous QB play. I'm saying play him, but have a successor beginning in 2016. A QB that can learn and be groomed for a year or two and then hand him the reigns, so the team is NOT in the position it is in now, ala "QB purgatory".