Ok, I give up -- EJ will be 3rd string or cut

eball

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the improved OL (Incognito and Miller) and more weapons at his disposal (Clay and Harvin), does anyone believe EJ could play well enough to win similar to 2014 week 1 at Chicago and week 2 vs. Miami?

I think we have a professional OC who can design a gameplan to match the strengths (and mask the weaknesses) of any of the three QBs on the roster. So yes.

My only thoughts on the subject are this:

When they drafted EJ they knew he would not be ready to start right away so they came up with a plan. Veteran QB to hold the team while EJ learned ... then the great mat incident of 2013 occurred and whatever reasonable plan went out the window and I do not think they really followed up on that, even with bringing in Orton it was more about winning then rather than developing EJ.

Also, I am not sure this was really a 3 man competition as Cassel has been the only QB to get first team reps for every practice thus removing one of the other two(EJ or TT) for building "Chemistry" with the ones. Take that for what it is worth I just think it is strange that it is rarely mentioned. I would love to see the break down by QB and first team reps.

That said this is a different coaching staff and unless Whaley directed them to not give EJ a chance I would assume they had no dog in the fight when it began.

I can see a scenario where EJ was slated for #3 from the get go. Doug Whaley may have made it a condition of the coaching hire that EJ would stay on the roster which fits the stories we heard at the time. DW saying something like "I really believe in EJ and want the next coacing staff to properly develop him because I do not like the job the previous staff did in this regard." We heard Rex say things like "We really need to develop EJ" and " I foresee carrying 3 QBs on the 53 man roster." EJ just had to demonstrate to this coaching staff that he has enough upside to be worth a roster spot, which he probably has done.

With the improved OL (Incognito and Miller) and more weapons at his disposal (Clay and Harvin), does anyone believe EJ could play well enough to win similar to 2014 week 1 at Chicago and week 2 vs. Miami?

I believe the better question is, which two quarterbacks do you believe if given the opportunity would produce the best outcome for the Bills?

Anyone see that Matt Cassel looked great in practice yesterday and threw three TD's against the Browns starters? Figured I'd mention it considering no one else had- what, with this being a Bills site and all.

It's right there in the practice thread champ. :thumbsup:

Anyone see that Matt Cassel looked great in practice yesterday and threw three TD's against the Browns starters? Figured I'd mention it considering no one else had- what, with this being a Bills site and all.

Pretty sure it was mentioned multiple times in the Bills vs. Browns practice thread, where it more suitably applies to the subject matter at hand.

Glad you came in here to mention it though.

WRT Meh --- YAWN!!!!

do you get it now? I can troll just like you do!!! :lol: :lol:

How about TT? I heard he had a bad day. Or was someone being a wiseass and posting opposite what they think/feel?

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

will Alex Smith come save the day like he did for Meh in KC?

The meh enthusiasm is interesting. Mediocrity is what we need !

Edited by Ryan L Billz

will Alex Smith come save the day like he did for Meh in KC?

The meh enthusiasm is interesting. Mediocrity is what we need !

I'm not necessarily "enthused" about Cassel- certainly not nearly as much as you are about the guy he's beating out for the starting spot. I am very much enthused about the 2015 Buffalo Bills however. Anyone else with me on that?

I'm not necessarily "enthused" about Cassel- certainly not nearly as much as you are about the guy he's beating out for the starting spot. I am very much enthused about the 2015 Buffalo Bills however. Anyone else with me on that?

Might be time to try out a new screen identity and start fresh.

metzelaars_dies perhaps?

I find it interesting how many of the same people who claim that being skeptical of EJ's abilities is tantamount to wanting him to fail get a kick out of calling our presumptive starter "Meh". I didn't exactly jump for joy when I heard Cassel was likely to be the guy, but I don't think a modicum of consistency is too much to ask for.

I find it interesting how many of the same people who claim that being skeptical of EJ's abilities is tantamount to wanting him to fail get a kick out of calling our presumptive starter "Meh". I didn't exactly jump for joy when I heard Cassel was likely to be the guy, but I don't think a modicum of consistency is too much to ask for.

I know you don't mean me, but since I mentioned seeing people that apparently want him to fail, I'll put in my 2 cents.

The skepticism isn't what lead me to make those comments; after all, I myself came into the season skeptical that EJ would take the reins. Rather, it's the apparent satisfaction that some folks appear to be drawing from seeing the kid listed 3rd on the depth chart and hearing chatter of a possible parting of ways. IMO, no real Bills' fan would be excited about the team's only 1st round pick at QB since 2004 possibly washing out.

What guy is that I want ? You don't know huh ? Guess I'm an EJ superfan whose out to get you. Lol

Well here's my vote anyone but ragarm. I've seen the ragarm show for years now. It's not gonna help a football team. i know you miss ragarm fitz though.

When EJ sucks as long as Cassel does we can come up w a nickname similar to meh for him.

"meh" is a synonym for "blah" -- it's not "he sucks." Is there anyone you are aware of who is excited about Matt Cassel? Anyone? Calling him "meh" doesn't mean not rooting for him to succeed.