Super fans - Do you believe in them?

The GoFundMe guy was an attention whore, imo, but it was for a good cause. :)

HA!

The "Superfans" (or the Pro Football Ultimate Fan Association members if you prefer) are a bunch of fans who are closely identified with the teams they root for. The ones I've met are good people. One of their goals is to promote the idea that you can root for your team with no ill-will or disrespect toward the fans of any other team.

This is one of my favorite photos from last year:

11796455_883437115026014_714817060952985

Don't know what it would have looked like had the Bills won that game, but I bet Pancho would have been protected. Just to see such an obvious die-hard Bills fan in the Black Hole like that was very cool indeed. We should all learn from it.

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whether you're the costumed guy or the person in random attire, I have zero problem with it as long as you're not trying to force it on anyone else or claiming that you're a better fan than them. No matter how often you hear it, there is no such thing as the "best fan(s)". Everyone has their own way and the fanbase as a whole doesn't exist without each type.

I agree. The biggest Bills fan I know is my dad who barely wears a T-shirt or a hat, lives literally 2 miles from the Stadium on Big Tree, hasn't been to a game in ten years. One of the quiestest people I know too.

I agree. The biggest Bills fan I know is my dad who barely wears a T-shirt or a hat, lives literally 2 miles from the Stadium on Big Tree, hasn't been to a game in ten years. One of the quiestest people I know too.

How does one barely wear a t-shirt?

I agree. The biggest Bills fan I know is my dad who rarely wears a Bills T-shirt or a hat, lives literally 2 miles from the Stadium on Big Tree, hasn't been to a game in ten years. One of the quiestest people I know too.

How does one barely wear a t-shirt?

fixed.

However depending on how much I'm drinking, and how well the Bills are playing, I barely wear a shirt.

Also worth mentioning, as a season ticket holder in the same section as Elvis and the chefs, I can't imagine how much seniority it takes to get those front-row seats. I say dress however the hell you want.

My question, did they have those seats and then start dressing in costume or did they get those seats because they were dressing in costume?

Whatever helps get the fans riled up and the Ralph rocking is all good by me. If dressing up helps you and those around you get fired up, go for it.

Had a discussion with a couple of buddies and would like your opinions. What do you think of so-called. "Super fans," you know, the guys with the face paint, chef hat guys, Elvis guy, etc?

Do you feel they represent you and the Bills fan base as a whole?

I argued that I admire their spirit, but I find them a bit on the side of buffoonery. Jersey, hat, jacket with Bills logo, great. Anything beyond and I think you're trying too hard to insert yourself into the conversation.

What's your take?

I couldn't care less about them. Have zero impact. I think they are just a bunch of guys that have a tradition, so be it.

I love that this is our 30th season with season tickets coming up, and I can always count on Elvis banging hit guitar when the action gets down to the tunnel end zone...............Something comforting about that.

I have told this story on here before but for anyone who missed it, the original Dog Pound dudes from Cleveland who wore the dog masks and who brought the dog house into the games were caught by security after a few years of doing that when security noticed that it took six of them to bring it in and only two to take it out.

;)

:beer:

They brought a half keg inside of the thing.

To the Browns credit, when they found out, they just made the guys sign a paper promising not to do that anymore rather than take away their season tickets.

But in that particular case, I didn't mind the get up. ;)