Howard Simon Ready to Leave WGR?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering if Howard Simon leaving WGR has finally come down? He hasn't been on this week and, when I've been listening, they aren't saying he's on vacation - they are either not mentioning it or are simply saying he's "off."

Also, at the beginning of the week, Jeremy had a co-host I'd never heard of (can't recall his name) and I found it odd that he offered no background on the guy or why he was on.

Possible audition to take Howard's seat?

Is the Simon era over or am I reading too much into his absence?

i think he was on Tuesday.

I've been wondering the same thing. He was on one day earlier this week (Tuesday?), but no real mention since. The guy who was on Monday was also on one day last week. They kept saying his name like I should have known who he was. I found him pretty boring to tell the truth.

I agree.

I like Jeremy White. I think he is a solid radio guy, strong voice, has good opinions... also 'loves' the work as he still has the passion to attend and watch sports (whereas some of the other hosts there seem almost burdoned by having to watch an odd game). I often dont agree with White but its not because he is an idiot.

White IMO cant be with another 'young' guy. It feels like they talk down to the listener for a lack of a better description. I think he needs the older/goofier guy, Simon-like. Maybe he just needs a 'goofier' guy. He does well when Riter is on with him, those 2 are entertaining.

Please. White is not very good. Can he get through a show without analytics or reading a tweet? River would make the station even more unlistenable. Thank God for the fan 590 out of Toronto. Good interview with Jim Kelly this morning. Thinks the Pats will probably blow Denver out.

I listen to the morning show whenever I can - I generally think it's pretty decent. There was way too much obsession over the Tank last year though. I rarely if ever listen to Schopp. That show is pretty brutal.

I wouldn't mind if they replaced Simon. He's ok but he's replaceable.

RIP John Butler. I remember turning on FanTV every day after high school. Fun times... I have a FanTV hat in my closet somewhere that was given to me by Jimmy B at a Sabres Carnival shortly after they moved in the the FNC.

I loved that show, one moment that I'll never forget they had pro wrestlers on (the nasty boys maybe?) to promote some event and one of the guys pulled off Brinson's toupee right on the air. I felt so bad for the guy but it was funny.