Who will start at QB - Training Camp Edition

Who will start at QB?  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Who will start at QB opening day?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyrod seems to be getting warmed up...as does EJ. Hopefully this is a trend upwards and we have a battle the next month.

@xhighway1

@SalSports At their peak from what you've seen which QB is the best? consistency aside if you always got all 3's best who would you pick?

@SalSports

Great question. When they're at their best, I'd say EJ, then Tyrod, then Cassel.

@xhighway1

@SalSports At their peak from what you've seen which QB is the best? consistency aside if you always got all 3's best who would you pick?

@SalSports

Great question. When they're at their best, I'd say EJ, then Tyrod, then Cassel.

good to hear...we've got a month to get them ready in this offense. considering how bad ej looked the first couple days.

good to hear...we've got a month to get them ready in this offense. considering how bad ej looked the first couple days.

Considering how good he's looked the past couple of days, he'll be in the HOF if keeps up that rate of improvement. But really the guy is just inconsistent.

@xhighway1

@SalSports

I would be shocked if at his best the 1st round pick wasn't the most talented of the 3. That's really not really a great question at all; the guy with the most natural ability has the best moments.

I think this poll reflects what people are reporting from camp. That the top 3 are pretty close to each other with not a lot separating them at this point. It will be up to Rex and Roman unless someone steps up and distinguishes himself during the remainder of camp. The scrimmage tomorrow and against the Browns might show more than practices have so far.

Voted anything other these scrubs. Bills should make some sort of deal with the Titans for Mettenberger since Mariota is doing so well in camp.

Edited by Dante

I disagree with this. Even if Cassel doesn't get the start (and I voted for TT), I think he is as close as we have to being a lock on the roster.

BTW- does anyone know if Simms is PS eligible?

I agree. Cassel is definitely a lock despite the fact that I voted for Taylor. His vet experience and consistency is too valuable for this team to lose especially considering the injury implications of starting a mobile QB like Taylor or an injury prone QB like Manuel. Cassel is the Kirk Cousins to Taylor's (potentially) RG3. He's a safety net for Manuel too.

I agree. Cassel is definitely a lock despite the fact that I voted for Taylor. His vet experience and consistency is too valuable for this team to lose especially considering the injury implications of starting a mobile QB like Taylor or an injury prone QB like Manuel. Cassel is the Kirk Cousins to Taylor's (potentially) RG3. He's a safety net for Manuel too.

Both of them suck!

So at this point , basically 2/3 of the voters don't believe EJ will be starting at QB. Quite of vote of confidence in EJ da great.

2/3 don't believe EJ will be starting; 2/3 don't believe that Cassel will be starting and 2/3 don't believe that Taylor will be starting. OK. I guess that's a vote of confidence for each of these "greats".

I'm starting to think it will be Taylor that starts but I'm still looking for EJ to keep progressing like the past few days.

Meh has little chance since he adds no X factor in his game, IMO.

Edited by The Wiz

Ryan wanted Vick but Vick wanted no part of Buffalo. This whole "the two sides mutually agreed it wasn't the right fit" is face-saving material for one player they couldn't get to come here.

Cool story bro.

Ryan wanted Vick but Vick wanted no part of Buffalo. This whole "the two sides mutually agreed it wasn't the right fit" is face-saving material for one player they couldn't get to come here.

Must have found out dog fighting isn't a winter sport.

OK - I get it - we'll be playing lights-out D, and have a strong running game...but do we do we really need just a conservative, pocket passing "game manager", or do we need a QB who can convert some third downs by whatever means available, seal some wins, all while getting better in the process? Honestly, I'm looking at the Bills right now, and if this team isn't the second coming of Seattle, there never will be one, and I can't think of a better team to emulate.

Tyrod is our Russell Wilson - similar skill set, and ability to get better as he plays without having to carry the team. And we have an OC who knows how to take advantage of these Kaepernick-type skills. And a HC who has lusted after Tyrod for a while now. Add in the fact that Tyrod has had a strong training camp thus far - it's arguable who has performed best, but given Tyrod has the fewest starts among the three competitors, if he's even close, he has the most upside to improve as he gets more starts under his belt.

Honestly, the more I think about it, we'd be stupid NOT to start Taylor, and roll with him as long as he does not face plant in the preseason or early season games.

Somebody please tell me if there's a flaw in my logic here....