Italian fans want the Foo Fighters to play there.....

The Poojer

I haven't seen them live either...passed up the chance a couple weeks ago, simply because I had too many shows on my plate that i already committed to....i really think the Foos are EVERYTHING that is right about Rock & Roll and they are doing their damndest to keep it relevant. Dave Grohl is such a great ambassador and despite his unbelievable schedule he never seems to just mail it in.

Still have not seen these guys in concert and I think they're one of the few truly great rock bands of their era. Easily one of my favorites.

I've seen them three times and every show was great. (I especially liked the Wasting Light tour in DC). Grohl is an outstanding entertainer and makes you think that the concert is the best time he's ever had. On July 4, even with his broken leg, they found a way to make it a lot of fun. Two things I especially like about their shows: they find one or two songs for an extended jam session; each one is full of nice surprises; the second is a cover song, which are as good, if not better, than the original. My favorites were a Tom Petty song (that I'm blanking) that they they could release as a single, and on July 4, Taylor Hawkins was lead on "Pressure."

I thought the video would be cheesy, but it was pretty cool to see all those folks singing and playing their hearts out.

Also caught the Buffalo stop on the Wasting Light tour in 2011 with my then-15 year old son. It was the best father-son generational bonding experience we'd had up to that point and he talks about it more than any other concert we've attended since. They did a killer cover of Floyd's In the Flesh as well.

Dave sometimes comes off as trying too hard to please the audience, but there's no doubt his heart's in the right place in terms of carrying the torch for the great bands that have come before. His enthusiasm's infectious and easy to get caught up in...

I haven't seen them live either...passed up the chance a couple weeks ago, simply because I had too many shows on my plate that i already committed to....i really think the Foos are EVERYTHING that is right about Rock & Roll and they are doing their damndest to keep it relevant. Dave Grohl is such a great ambassador and despite his unbelievable schedule he never seems to just mail it in.

This nails exactly how I feel about Grohl and the Foo Fighters. Nicely put.

i am sure that anyone that is a Foo Fighters fan already knows about this, but in case someone is reading this and hasn't watched. The documentary "Sound City" is one the BEST music documentaries I have ever seen, and it isn't even about a musical act, it's about a soundboard. Grohl & Co, give the history of it, then he sets out to save this soundboard so it can continue to be used to record music. Pretty cool movie.

Grohl loved it:

https://www.facebook.com/foofighters/videos/10155823182810545/

Translation: "Hi, Cesena! I am David, hello. I’m sorry, I don’t speak Italian. Only a little, a little. That video - but how beautiful! Very beautiful. Thank you very much [literally: a thousand thanks]. We are arriving [coming], I promise. We’ll see each other soon. Thank you very much. I love you. Bye."

• 3 months later...