Next Thursday

Chef Jim

I'll be in WNY starting this Friday for a week. Next Thursday the band I pimp here all the time will be at Canalside for a free show. If you're free and you like this kind of music I suggest you go. I'll be up front. :D

Edited by Chef Jim

Love them! Just coming back this weekend from an 8 week work trip. I have work in St. Kitts all week too. I'm hoping to God I am home in time for this.

Similarly, every moe. Show in Buffalo, I seem to be stuck in something I totally can't get out of. Not sure what the deal is.

Love them! Just coming back this weekend from an 8 week work trip. I have work in St. Kitts all week too. I'm hoping to God I am home in time for this.

Similarly, every moe. Show in Buffalo, I seem to be stuck in something I totally can't get out of. Not sure what the deal is.

Whoops should be OTW. Mod move please.

That's Tuesday. :flirt:

Haha. Enjoy your trip. IMO, there are fewer better places to b than summer in WNY. I honk you will be blown away by all the changes. And I know you're a wine guy but make sure you check out a few of the breweries that have popped up over night.

Haha. Enjoy your trip. IMO, there are fewer better places to b than summer in WNY. I honk you will be blown away by all the changes. And I know you're a wine guy but make sure you check out a few of the breweries that have popped up over night.

Thanks. And it looks like we'll have good weather. Probably won't do much of the breweries. We are there for only 5 full days and tons to do and my wife doesn't drink beer so we'll give them a miss.

A please and a thank you. By Chef Jim. In one thread !! :w00t:

**** you have no idea how much I use please and thank you in real life. I'll be on the phone with someone and thank them before I hang up and think what the !@#$ did I just thank them for??? I guess it's because I can't treat them like **** and tell them to !@#$ off like do you guys. :D

Enjoy the veal.

Thanks for the advice but I don't need any advice. I don't care if they chain them to a post and kill them when their still babies I do not need anyone to tell me to enjoy the veal.

But seriously I cannot for the life of me remember the last time I had veal.

**** you have no idea how much I use please and thank you in real life. I'll be on the phone with someone and thank them before I hang up and think what the !@#$ did I just thank them for??? I guess it's because I can't treat them like **** and tell them to !@#$ off like do you guys. :D

Which would be a good Umphrey's McGee album to start off with ? For the record I am a classic rock fan (Floyd, Tull, Allman Bros) leaning towards prog rock (old Genesis, Yes, King Crimson).

Which would be a good Umphrey's McGee album to start off with ? For the record I am a classic rock fan (Floyd, Tull, Allman Bros) leaning towards prog rock (old Genesis, Yes, King Crimson).

Ok all of those musical preferences means you will love...I mean LOVE UM. With regard to which album to start off with I can't tell you seeing I don't really buy or even listen to studio albums anymore. I'm almost a 100% live show guy. UM, and a lot of the bands I follow, record all of their live shows which you can either download or buy the CD. I suggest you start with this one.

http://www.umlive.net/app/music/0,11412/Umphreys-McGee-mp3-flac-download-1-1-2015-The-Tabernacle-Atlanta-GA.htm

I agree with this....much like The Dead, Phish etc, listening to studio albums may actually dissuade you from pursuing them more. Find some youtube video's of live shows, it gives a 2D glimpse of the energy of the shows. If they ever come to your area, take the leap and actually go see them live, that's where the real hook is.

Ok all of those musical preferences means you will love...I mean LOVE UM. With regard to which album to start off with I can't tell you seeing I don't really buy or even listen to studio albums anymore. I'm almost a 100% live show guy. UM, and a lot of the bands I follow, record all of their live shows which you can either download or buy the CD. I suggest you start with this one.

http://www.umlive.net/app/music/0,11412/Umphreys-McGee-mp3-flac-download-1-1-2015-The-Tabernacle-Atlanta-GA.htm

I agree with this....much like The Dead, Phish etc, listening to studio albums may actually dissuade you from pursuing them more. Find some youtube video's of live shows, it gives a 2D glimpse of the energy of the shows. If they ever come to your area, take the leap and actually go see them live, that's where the real hook is.

Yup. I bought one UM studio album and thought every song kind of sucked until I listened to them live. Completely different. Nothing beats being at a live show and nothing beats a live show up front.

I think I've mentioned this before but I was on the rail at a Widespread Panic show and they played Zep's Dyer Maker which IMO opinion is one of their wimpiest songs. I gave David Schools a "seriously??" look and he shrugged his shoulders with a "hey it wasn't my idea" look back. :lol:

yesterday was the anniversary of the release of Terrapin Station, the radio station I listen to did their "5 at 5" and played side 2 of the album, which is the 7 part Terrapin Suite, I was listening to it and it was weird to hear the studio version...so used to hearing it all done live...

Yup. I bought one UM studio album and thought every song kind of sucked until I listened to them live. Completely different. Nothing beats being at a live show and nothing beats a live show up front.

I think I've mentioned this before but I was on the rail at a Widespread Panic show and they played Zep's Dyer Maker which IMO opinion is one of their wimpiest songs. I gave David Schools a "seriously??" look and he shrugged his shoulders with a "hey it wasn't my idea" look back. :lol: