Next Thursday

Chef Jim

yesterday was the anniversary of the release of Terrapin Station, the radio station I listen to did their "5 at 5" and played side 2 of the album, which is the 7 part Terrapin Suite, I was listening to it and it was weird to hear the studio version...so used to hearing it all done live...

Yes I had a bunch of Happy Birthday Terrapin Station post on FB yesterday. Funny to get posts from Jerry. Yesterday was also the anniversary of The Dead, The Allman Bros. and The Band at Watkins Glen. What a day that must have been.

also yesterday, I think Mama Allman died :-(

Yes I had a bunch of Happy Birthday Terrapin Station post on FB yesterday. Funny to get posts from Jerry. Yesterday was also the anniversary of The Dead, The Allman Bros. and The Band at Watkins Glen. What a day that must have been.

back to the original point...i've been hanging out with a buddy that is a big Phish guy and I have been getting his advice on a Phish 101 tutorial...always kinda liked them, then when I say Trey with the Dead, decided I needed to be more into them, but where to start...once I get that in check, I want to get more into Widespread, again, after seeing them at the Dear Jerry show.

Actually it was a few days ago.

back to the original point...i've been hanging out with a buddy that is a big Phish guy and I have been getting his advice on a Phish 101 tutorial...always kinda liked them, then when I say Trey with the Dead, decided I needed to be more into them, but where to start...once I get that in check, I want to get more into Widespread, again, after seeing them at the Dear Jerry show.

Not a huge Phish fan. I have their In Brooklyn and Live NYE at MSG CD's. Not crazy about them and not quite sure. Maybe because John Fishman wears a dress. :lol:

hahahahaha...cut him some slack, he's a syracuse guy, so he has to be pretty cool, kinda like me!

Not a huge Phish fan. I have their In Brooklyn and Live NYE at MSG CD's. Not crazy about them and not quite sure. Maybe because John Fishman wears a dress. :lol:

I'll be in WNY starting this Friday for a week. Next Thursday the band I pimp here all the time will be at Canalside for a free show. If you're free and you like this kind of music I suggest you go. I'll be up front. :D

Aqueous, a local band from North Tonawanda will be opening for them. They've been getting popular in the Northeast and they play a good live show. They're music isn't totally my cup of tea but I appreciate their talent.

Get there early and check them out if you get a chance. Their lead guitarist, Mike, shreds.

Aqueous, a local band from North Tonawanda will be opening for them. They've been getting popular in the Northeast and they play a good live show. They're music isn't totally my cup of tea but I appreciate their talent.

Get there early and check them out if you get a chance. Their lead guitarist, Mike, shreds.

Yup I heard that. Doors open at 5 and Aqueous goes on at 6. Will be there for them.

Ok all of those musical preferences means you will love...I mean LOVE UM. With regard to which album to start off with I can't tell you seeing I don't really buy or even listen to studio albums anymore. I'm almost a 100% live show guy. UM, and a lot of the bands I follow, record all of their live shows which you can either download or buy the CD. I suggest you start with this one.

http://www.umlive.net/app/music/0,11412/Umphreys-McGee-mp3-flac-download-1-1-2015-The-Tabernacle-Atlanta-GA.htm

Thanx, Chef. Will try and let you know what I think.