A look at elite pass rusher production after age 30

Very interesting. It looks like a moderate drop off comes right around when/just before Mario's contract is set to expire. It's not so drastic that I couldn't imagine Mario taking an extension for some more guaranteed money and maybe less of a cap hot next year to help keep Dareus.

Great article and Mario is so much more than just a pass rusher. He might be the best DE against the run. He won't get a cool stat but no one sets or hold the end better than him.

1) Bruce was an animal. His numbers in a 3-4 which kills DEs sack numbers make him the best DE in history. I may be bias. :)

2) how about the OWGs??? Trace Armstrong had 16.5 sacks at age 35? Greene had 14.5 at 34? Did the NFL forget about drug test? Either way, very impressive.

Very interesting. It looks like a moderate drop off comes right around when/just before Mario's contract is set to expire. It's not so drastic that I couldn't imagine Mario taking an extension for some more guaranteed money and maybe less of a cap hot next year to help keep Dareus.

Mario's made a shitload of money.

I wonder if he really wants the sack record or if he'll be fine with early retirement...

I hope he really wants that sack record.

I was surprised to learn that Chris Trapasso doesn't know Bruce Smith is in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

:ph34r:

Bruce and Reggie White made the HOF?

Such a good article. Too bad he didn't catch those oversights. Proofreading is dead haha.

But Mario did have a fridge in his dorm room and missed training camp practices. Dude is a bust.

Mario's made a shitload of money.

I wonder if he really wants the sack record or if he'll be fine with early retirement...

I hope he really wants that sack record.

I'm sure he'd like both. His guaranteed money is finished after next year. Players take less money per year for more of that money being guaranteed for a few more years all the time. It's pretty much what we did with Shady

I've been trying to tell anybody who will listen that Mario is FAR from washed up! He actually looked to be in his physical prime just last season. Dude is just one of those genetic freaks that obviously takes care of his body during the offseason. There should be no reason to trade, release or do anything to Mario besides restructure his contract until the day he is ready to call it quits. It pisses me off that so many Bills fans are already writing him off as not being a part of the team much longer. This guy is still a very big piece to the puzzle. No way Rex lets him go. Best defensive line in the NFL-BILLS

I've been trying to tell anybody who will listen that Mario is FAR from washed up! He actually looked to be in his physical prime just last season. Dude is just one of those genetic freaks that obviously takes care of his body during the offseason. There should be no reason to trade, release or do anything to Mario besides restructure his contract until the day he is ready to call it quits. It pisses me off that so many Bills fans are already writing him off as not being a part of the team much longer. This guy is still a very big piece to the puzzle. No way Rex lets him go. Best defensive line in the NFL-BILLS

who?! :blink:

I'ts amazing that Mario is only one sack behind Bruce at the same age. I would have though bruce would have been 20 or so ahead of him. If mario can put up some big numbers and stay healthy he has an outside chance at the sack record. He has a real shot at third place though but JJ watt his gonna have something to say about that. That guy is on a torrid pace

who?! :blink:

There are alot of people out there on the messageboards(not just this one) that make it sound like its already a foregone conclusion that Mario is going to be traded or released within a year because we need to sign Dareus and Dareus is younger/more valuable.......Ridiculous I know right :wallbash: