Do We Have Any Bernie Sanders Supporters Among Us?

What twitter deal?

NFL will stream Thursday night football on twitter this year. It'll still be on TV, but it's a test run on new media for the NFL.

People are going to watch the broadcast networks for the political commercials?

I missed this in the thread, apologies.

CNN just drew record numbers for their most recent Town Hall event. Yes, that was largely motivated by the Trump scandal breaking the same morning, but there's genuine interest in politics in this country and the free airtime wouldn't just be ads in this scenario. There's plenty of ways to get creative with how they present candidates and their issues: debates, less formal town halls, et al. I also think there is a very real appetite in this country for honest political discourse, especially after having the national conversation polarized for the past two decades running. This also wouldn't just be federal elections, but local elections as well on affiliate stations.

The point is no one is watching networks now as it stands, except for sports, events, and to a lesser extent local news. More new pilots and shows won't change that, but getting behind serious political change and offering a venue for that change would not only be good PR, but would have a better chance of increasing viewership than their current model.

NFL will stream Thursday night football on twitter this year. It'll still be on TV, but it's a test run on new media for the NFL.

I missed this in the thread, apologies.

CNN just drew record numbers for their most recent Town Hall event. Yes, that was largely motivated by the Trump scandal breaking the same morning, but there's genuine interest in politics in this country and the free airtime wouldn't just be ads in this scenario. There's plenty of ways to get creative with how they present candidates and their issues: debates, less formal town halls, et al. I also think there is a very real appetite in this country for honest political discourse, especially after having the national conversation polarized for the past two decades running. This also wouldn't just be federal elections, but local elections as well on affiliate stations.

The point is no one is watching networks now as it stands, except for sports, events, and to a lesser extent local news. More new pilots and shows won't change that, but getting behind serious political change and offering a venue for that change would not only be good PR, but would have a better chance of increasing viewership than their current model.

You keep on introducing scenarios without recognizing the trouble they will create. And you're using the current year's carnival elections the role model for how broadcasters will benefit from televising political campaigns in the future? Have you considered the incentives to the broadcasters for the future and what will benefit them in the election cycles? If you're worried about current influence of money, imagine when the FEC becomes the ultimate gatekeeper. Who decides what time the programs air?

Broadcasters are under FCC supervision, and not surprisingly, this administration politicized the agency like no one had in the last generation. Do you think that the FCC will be an impartial agency if they have the power to regulate the broadcasters and the broadcasters have a mandate to air political speech? Do you imagine a scenario where the program featuring the incumbent airs at 8PM, and the opponent airs at 2AM?

These are things that jump off the top of my head to show how ill-thought out your proposal is. I imagine many more problems will pop up once the vested parties learn the new regulations. And what's worse, nothing will be out in the open because the government doesn't release information until well after the fact (not every three months like big corporations have to)

You keep on introducing scenarios without recognizing the trouble they will create. And you're using the current year's carnival elections the role model for how broadcasters will benefit from televising political campaigns in the future? Have you considered the incentives to the broadcasters for the future and what will benefit them in the election cycles? If you're worried about current influence of money, imagine when the FEC becomes the ultimate gatekeeper. Who decides what time the programs air?

Broadcasters are under FCC supervision, and not surprisingly, this administration politicized the agency like no one had in the last generation. Do you think that the FCC will be an impartial agency if they have the power to regulate the broadcasters and the broadcasters have a mandate to air political speech? Do you imagine a scenario where the program featuring the incumbent airs at 8PM, and the opponent airs at 2AM?

These are things that jump off the top of my head to show how ill-thought out your proposal is. I imagine many more problems will pop up once the vested parties learn the new regulations. And what's worse, nothing will be out in the open because the government doesn't release information until well after the fact (not every three months like big corporations have to)

So we've moved from the argument that it wouldn't work because it's against broadcast network's business model to inventing hypothetical reasons it won't work without even considering the positive elements of such a change.

I'm willing to have a conversation about this, but you have to be willing to meet me half way.

CNN just drew record numbers for their most recent Town Hall event. Yes, that was largely motivated by the Trump scandal breaking the same morning, but there's genuine interest in politics in this country and the free airtime wouldn't just be ads in this scenario.

not a very high bar.

CNN's town hall with Ted Cruz, Donald Trump and John Kasich averaged 3.26 million viewers on Tuesday night, setting a new high bar for cable news town halls.

In 2012 there were 241 million people of voting age, 129.1 million voted in the presidential election. That means a whopping 1.35% of voting age watched (assuming nobody under 18 watched). As a percentage of those that voted in 2012 it amounts to 2.5%. I wouldn't call that a "genuine interest in politics".

To put it in perspective on Thursday, March 31, 2016

The Big Bang Theory (CBS) 14.24 million

Greys Anatomy (ABC) 7.77 million

American Idol (FOX) 9.11 million

2 Broke Girls (CBS) 5.69 million

Shades of Blue (NBC) 5.43 million

So we've moved from the argument that it wouldn't work because it's against broadcast network's business model to inventing hypothetical reasons it won't work without even considering the positive elements of such a change.

I'm willing to have a conversation about this, but you have to be willing to meet me half way.

GG is making the argument that I was leading into, and he's making it well, so I won't pile on.

I'll rather simply state that he's meeting your argument exactly where it should be met, and he's doing so very fairly.

Sorry to interrupt .......................Bernie wins Wisconsin ..............his 6th state in a row.

.......................Votes...............%................delegates
Sanders.........134,506............53.4%...............44
Clinton...........116,784............46.4%...............28

Sorry to interrupt .......................Bernie wins Wisconsin ..............his 6th state in a row.

:w00t:

Must have been all those wealthy donors

Hillary Clinton: Is she the Leodis McKelvin of the political spectrum? Does she fumble this coronation like she did the last one?

What an absolutely embarrassing night for Clinton and the entire DNC. Not even Trump saw it this bad tonight.

Well.......the Clinton Mafia/Media has had enough too...........we're "going to the mattresses"

7zazvpo8e6kof69twjte_bigger.pngNew York Daily NewsVerified account @NYDailyNews 15h15 hours ago

Tomorrow's front page Bernie's Sandy Hook shame - defends gunmakers against Newtown kin suit http://nydn.us/1RMCZZL

CfUZWK_WQAADm9a.jpg

b55Rm24v_bigger.jpgThe HillVerified account @thehill 3h3 hours ago

Daughter of Sandy Hook victim: Shame on you, Bernie http://hill.cm/YNPnxKM

Clinton camp goes desperate....