Tailgating Recipes, Need Help!

Unfortunately I do my tailgating from my house in fla but when I do go to the fins game I usually make the following depending on crowd:

Jalapeno's stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon

Wings are always a must

Marinated skirt steak to make gyros, add fresh pitas, tatziki, lettuce, tomato, onion and cucumber

after the game I pull out the Italian sub: Large french or Italian bread loaf, Baked ham, genoa salami, cappicola and proscuitto. add let, tom, onion and oil n vin etc.

I make a variation of this with spicy sausage and a can of hot rotel tomatoes and peppers. nice and spicy and you cant stop eating it. cheap and easy

nice menu! I'm coming to your house

MY CHILI RECIPE

Good for cold Buffalo winter games

• 1 or 2 lbs. of lean Ground Beef (can sub with ground turkey for wimps)
  • 1 large can of Crushed Tomatoes
  • 1 large can of Diced Tomatoes
  • 1 can of Red Kidney Beans
  • 1 red onion
  • Assorted Hot Peppers (jalapeño, hot Hungarian, habanera) – maybe a sweet red for color
  • Black Pepper / Sea Salt or Garlic Salt (or regular salt)
  • Chili Powder and/or packet of hot chili seasoning (in the spices aisle).
  • Some type of hot sauce (Frank’s, Sriracha, Hot Chinese Garlic, etc)
  • 1 cup of Sliced Green Spanish Olives (gives a salty kick – if you don’t like, bag the idea)

• Bag of Shredded Cheddar Cheese
  • Bag of Oyster Crackers
  • Box of Texas Garlic Toast (or make your own garlic bread)

Brown the beef & drain of all nasty cholesterol laden type liquids.

Add all ingredients to the crock pot. Dice up the peppers, onions & add.

As far as hotness, add as much peppers & hot sauce to personal preference.

For spices, add as much pepper & salt to personal preference.

Taste test as you go. SLOW COOK IN CROCK POT FOR 4 to 6 HOURS.

Put on shredded cheese & oyster crackers – garlic bread as a side.

nice menu! I'm coming to your house

No Prob! I have the ticket so we change it up every week. Cheesesteaks, fresh mahi, chili, burritos early in the season. I always get my sausage and sahlens from Buffalo and they are always a must.

MY CHILI RECIPE

Good for cold Buffalo winter games

Agreed! For winter games we usually bring slow cooker of home made chilli and a grill for a round of chilli cheese dogs....they always go well with the pints

I forgot:

When we did 35 people 2 years ago, we decided to get Danny's to deliver some wings, for obvious reasons: 35 people. Danny's will deliver to anywhere in the lots, as long as you give them good enough directions.

I thought the prices were fair. The wings were up to standard.

You can also sign up for their tailgate, and just hang out there for a flat price/head. A few years ago miserable rain was predicted, and was right. That Saturday my group voted to go to Dannys. I know its weak, but, spending 5 hours in driving rain, followed by 3 hours in driving rain, wasn't what the majority wanted.

I forgot:

When we did 35 people 2 years ago, we decided to get Danny's to deliver some wings, for obvious reasons: 35 people. Danny's will deliver to anywhere in the lots, as long as you give them good enough directions.

I thought the prices were fair. The wings were up to standard.

You can also sign up for their tailgate, and just hang out there for a flat price/head. A few years ago miserable rain was predicted, and was right. That Saturday my group voted to go to Dannys. I know its weak, but, spending 5 hours in driving rain, followed by 3 hours in driving rain, wasn't what the majority wanted.

Yeah we ended up doing something similar one time too. This was a while back(I think it was the Todd Collins/Van Pelt era). We were all in our early 20's & the weekend of the game my one friend was moving his hot tub to this new house he recently purchased so he rented a Uhaul. We took the Uhaul to the game & drank & played cards in the cab of the Uhaul the whole tailgate. It wouldn't stop raining. My friend who rented the Uhaul lost like $400 that Sunday morning so he was in a p*ssed off mood. Then if memory serves me correctly we were playing the Broncos & it went to overtime & the bills were driving for the winning score & they called a reverse to reed who lost like 20 yards on the play. Denver scores the next possesion & wins. So he was even more pissed off after the game. We had 5 guys riding in back of the Uhaul after the game & with the guy who rented the UHaul & one other friend in the front. We were really drunk & obnoxious back there, breaking beer bottles & stuff. He told us to settle down 3 times. The last time he told us one of us was trying to be funny & opened the little window leading to the front seats & chucked a half eaten ham sub so it splattered on the windshield while he was driving on the thruway. He pulled over & kicked us all out. We had to walk to the nearest exit find a pay phone & call our girlfriends for rides home. We are all still good friends(in fact I still go to the games with the guy that kicked us out) & we laugh about it everytime it comes up.

Does anyone remember the Bills tailgating cookbook from the early 90s that had Kelly, tasker and I think Bennett on the cover with chefs hats in front of a grill? It had recipes submitted by players and coaches. I had it and lost it -- if anyone still has it, there is a recipe I want from there, let me know!

Edited by YoloinOhio

Yeah we ended up doing something similar one time too. This was a while back(I think it was the Todd Collins/Van Pelt era). We were all in our early 20's & the weekend of the game my one friend was moving his hot tub to this new house he recently purchased so he rented a Uhaul. We took the Uhaul to the game & drank & played cards in the cab of the Uhaul the whole tailgate. It wouldn't stop raining. My friend who rented the Uhaul lost like $400 that Sunday morning so he was in a p*ssed off mood. Then if memory serves me correctly we were playing the Broncos & it went to overtime & the bills were driving for the winning score & they called a reverse to reed who lost like 20 yards on the play. Denver scores the next possesion & wins. So he was even more pissed off after the game. We had 5 guys riding in back of the Uhaul after the game & with the guy who rented the UHaul & one other friend in the front. We were really drunk & obnoxious back there, breaking beer bottles & stuff. He told us to settle down 3 times. The last time he told us one of us was trying to be funny & opened the little window leading to the front seats & chucked a half eaten ham sub so it splattered on the windshield while he was driving on the thruway. He pulled over & kicked us all out. We had to walk to the nearest exit find a pay phone & call our girlfriends for rides home. We are all still good friends(in fact I still go to the games with the guy that kicked us out) & we laugh about it everytime it comes up.

So, you got a recipe for that ham sub??

Well seasoned Bacon wrapped beef tenderloin is one of my favs to make. With some Brussel sprouts and diced red pepper put em in foil with a couple chunks of butter, minced garlic, salt, peeper, drizzle with a little olive oil and throw em on the grill.

So, you got a recipe for that ham sub??

Yeah heavy mayo & oil with sliced tomatoes. When thrown on a windshield it will splatter better causing the drivers vision to be more impaired/blocked.

Unfortunately I do my tailgating from my house in fla but when I do go to the fins game I usually make the following depending on crowd:

Jalapeno's stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon

Wings are always a must

Marinated skirt steak to make gyros, add fresh pitas, tatziki, lettuce, tomato, onion and cucumber

after the game I pull out the Italian sub: Large french or Italian bread loaf, Baked ham, genoa salami, cappicola and proscuitto. add let, tom, onion and oil n vin etc.

I make a variation of this with spicy sausage and a can of hot rotel tomatoes and peppers. nice and spicy and you cant stop eating it. cheap and easy

Where in Florida? Let me know when you're doing this so I can crash the party....that sounds awesome.

I keep it simple and just do brats w/kraut and German potato salad or something simple like that most days. Now and then I will do a pork loin on the grill w/ grilled veggies if there is enough time.

Ribs can be done in about 1.5 - 2 hours. Nowhere near as good as cooking them for several hours but if you have a top rack on your grill you can cook them four about an hour and then start grilling other things (hot dogs, burgers, etc)

Slow cook them in the oven the day before then char 'em up at the tailgate

Where in Florida? Let me know when you're doing this so I can crash the party....that sounds awesome.

I keep it simple and just do brats w/kraut and German potato salad or something simple like that most days. Now and then I will do a pork loin on the grill w/ grilled veggies if there is enough time.

I live just west of Fort Lauderdale in Plantation.