"How a rookie HC derailed a rookie QB"/All-22 of EJ Manuel

It's lived a long fruitful life. Pull the plug.

even though I started the thread it looks like I can only delete it, not lock it. Will leave up to the mods. Until then, Orville Redenbacher or Jiffy Pop? Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be a fly in the room in those offensive coach meetings.....

EVERY SINGLE QB under the Marrone era got WORSE as time goes on.....I mean.....WTF?

i hate to support marrone, but theres the distinct possibility that they are all just bad qbs too. and those get real bad once theres film.

however, it doesnt explain everyone struggling even in camps and stuff.

long story short, screw marrone.

My God in heaven.

Dude for the millionth time, I never said EJ is bust. I don't think EJ is a bust. Does anyone actually read what I write? Not that I think that what I write is that important but we are in a forum here and people keep telling me what I think when they could very easily take the time to read what I think. It's all there for ya folks.

For the record, all I have maintained over and over and over again is that I think it's less than likely that Manuel develops into a reliable franchise QB, we re-sign him and he is our clear cut starter opening day 2017. In fact, only two people have said that they disagree with me on this and that they think he will be- LB get ball and Bills fan 4 life. So basically, until I hear otherwise, everyone agrees with me. Do you think he will be?

And that article is extremely short-sighted. "EJ was 2-2..." Yeah he was. But I don't recall anyone on here having an issue with him being benched after the Houston game! I don't think anyone including myself thought or thinks that was the end of his career but Bills fans (myself included) kinda wanted to win football games last year, as they always do. They were not winning in Detroit with EJ Manuel, everyone knew it, Kyle Orton played pretty well, they won, everyone was happy. It was the right move then, it was the right move now. Did anyone want them to re-insert Manuel after the Detroit game!?! And I have even gone on record saying that I was advocating to put Manuel back in later in the season after Orton began to suck too. Please, PLEASE do not put words in my mouth.

You might have some that are saying they think he will be a franchise QB.......

I personally think that given the circumstances since EJ's entrance into the NFL.....there is no way of making a educated guess on this at this time

- He shows periods of bad

- He shows flashes of good

- His coaching has been subpar

Basically he shows what a QB coming into the league with less then a season worth of starts should show.......and you further add to that that he was drafted based off being a winner in college and having all the physical attributes but still a very unfinished product.

He was handled all wrong....he should have NEVER been asked to shoulder the load that first year whether Kolb went down or not......

There are some things here I want to see about EJ this year (and I STILL no matter what feel that we should draft a QB high next year)

- How does he look in training camp? It starts in less then a week now.......because he looked AWEFUL last year in camp

- He said that he learned a lot sitting behind Orton (which is a good thing) about preparation and how to handle an NFL huddle.......lets see if that translates over

You might have some that are saying they think he will be a franchise QB.......

I personally think that given the circumstances since EJ's entrance into the NFL.....there is no way of making a educated guess on this at this time

- He shows periods of bad

- He shows flashes of good

- His coaching has been subpar

Basically he shows what a QB coming into the league with less then a season worth of starts should show.......and you further add to that that he was drafted based off being a winner in college and having all the physical attributes but still a very unfinished product.

He was handled all wrong....he should have NEVER been asked to shoulder the load that first year whether Kolb went down or not......

There are some things here I want to see about EJ this year (and I STILL no matter what feel that we should draft a QB high next year)

- How does he look in training camp? It starts in less then a week now.......because he looked AWEFUL last year in camp

- He said that he learned a lot sitting behind Orton (which is a good thing) about preparation and how to handle an NFL huddle.......lets see if that translates over

You've made at least 3 educated guesses that he will succeed in this thread alone. Edited by FireChan