As a Bills fan, do you care about negative PR for the team?

How much do you care about PR with the Bills?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Do you care how the Bills organization is perceived by the public in wake of Kromer situation?

• Yes
    • No
    • Only as it affects future free agency and whether players factor it into decision
  2. 2. If Kromer is formally charged and is suspended by the league but the Bills do not fire him, will you be upset?

• Yes - the team needs to set a higher standard of behavior
    • No - I only care that having Kromer on staff gives us a better chance to improve the OL
  3. 3. How important is the handling of the Kromer situation for the Pegulas?

• Their decision on whether or not to fire him won't change how I view our new owners
    • Their decision on whether or not to fire him is a huge opportunity to set a tone and standard for both of their teams

If I got arrested for hitting an underage kid, you can be assured that I would be terminated from my job. I expect the same result from a high profile, high paying job with the Bills as well. The Incognito issues, to me, are not the same. What he did was before he was a member of the Bills and people can and do change and do deserve second chances. But here, this occurred under the Bills employ and he should be terminated if he is guilty unless he was shown to be acting in defense of himself or his son (not sure of FLA laws concerning self-defense defenses in cases involving battery of a minor but it is conceivable that they may not exist as an option, thus he could still be found guilty).

I have no idea where you work, but I don't believe most places would do that. Unless you miss some amount of time dealing with the courts, or spend time in jail most companies don't dabble into your personal life. And even then, it is a business decision based on productivity in the workplace and not an "ethical firing".

The only thing driving the chance that Kromer will get fired is the public and their incessant holier than though, "I don't like what that person did, so I am going to scream until I ruin their life" attitudes. It is the modern day equivalent to a mob grabbing their pitchforks and torches. It is a pretty sad day when the criminal punishment for an action is far better and more pleasant than the public mob who will do much worse to you.

Yeah having character in a organization is terrible right? Hope you're not raising children. :unsure:

Yeah but just wait until that bomb called Incognito goes off.

Get over it. It isn't your job to punish Kromer.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea where you work, but I don't believe most places would do that. Unless you miss some amount of time dealing with the courts, or spend time in jail most companies don't dabble into your personal life. And even then, it is a business decision based on productivity in the workplace and not an "ethical firing".

The only thing driving the chance that Kromer will get fired is the public and their incessant holier than though, "I don't like what that person did, so I am going to scream until I ruin their life" attitudes. It is the modern day equivalent to a mob grabbing their pitchforks and torches. It is a pretty sad day when the criminal punishment for an action is far better and more pleasant than the public mob who will do much worse to you.

Get over it. It isn't your job to punish Kromer.

I'm sorry, but for most professional occupations this is the case and is even more so for ones that are public facing. The NFL is the most popular sport in the country, is blasted all over TV, engages in numerous community activities and, thus, is very public facing. I should have been more specific.

Edited by Mark80

Kromer has been accused of hitting a woman now too? That poster said "character" is not a big deal to most of us, I responded specifically to that. For reference, he thought Dareus should have been run out of town for character issues.

Still, we don't know happened. We do know that it was a 3 on 2 situation and that Kromer dotted a teens eye and his son grabbed one by the neck, allegedly. If the kids were all about 17 and acting like punks, this is a non issue IMO. It would be a much bigger deal to me if the kids were 13 in the same scenario.

So you condone assault

I'm sorry, but for most professional occupations this is the case and is even more so for ones that are public facing. The NFL is the most popular sport in the country, is blasted all over TV, engages in numerous community activities and, thus, is very public facing. I should have been more specific.

I get that, I don't necessarily agree with that methodology, but I get it. But are we expecting him to get fired because this is a public facing issue detrimental to the organization, or is it public facing so we are expecting him to get fired? That may not have made sense, but I believe there is a distinct difference, and I don't see any reason the guy can't have justice served in the court system, and still be an offensive line coach for the Buffalo Bills. Can the guy never work again? Is the next company that hires him morally deficient? What is the etiquette here? And who are the public to decide this?

You are correct sir,it is my job though as a citizen in a civil society to stand up against lawlessness .

What are you talking about? Do they give you a pitchfork and torch, or do you have to buy your own?

This is what the court is for. Thousands of people have went through the court systems for such things, and have paid the designated fine/penalty. You are flat out deciding that since you have heard of Kromer, he deserves a much harsher penalty - let's cost him his job.

Otherwise show me your campaign for increasing the penalties for misdemeanor assaults in your area? It doesn't have to be anything special. Just show me you've done something.

I get that, I don't necessarily agree with that methodology, but I get it. But are we expecting him to get fired because this is a public facing issue detrimental to the organization, or is it public facing so we are expecting him to get fired? That may not have made sense, but I believe there is a distinct difference, and I don't see any reason the guy can't have justice served in the court system, and still be an offensive line coach for the Buffalo Bills. Can the guy never work again? Is the next company that hires him morally deficient? What is the etiquette here? And who are the public to decide this?

and what can he be hired for, if position coach is too risky for him?

This poll thus far doesn't suprise me.It's obvious from most of the posters here that character is a non-issue.

Such a terrible take, you had to write it twice.

:lol: :lol:

Yeah having character in a organization is terrible right? Hope you're not raising children. :unsure:

Yeah but just wait until that bomb called Incognito goes off.

:blink:

Holy escalation, Batman.

You are correct sir,it is my job though as a citizen in a civil society to stand up against lawlessness .

And a messiah complex to boot? Man, you've hit the Troll trifecta in one thread. It's really outstanding work you're doing here. :beer:

So you condone assault

In some situations, yes. Walking away is obviously the best option, but people aren't perfect. You don't? You wouldn't, to protect your family?

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

In some situations, yes. Walking away is obviously the best option, but people aren't perfect. You don't? You wouldn't, to protect your family?

Self defense used in protecting ones family member is NOT assault. But people aren't perfect isn't exactly a reasonable defense.

Self defense used in protecting ones family member is NOT assault. But people aren't perfect isn't exactly a reasonable defense.

i feel like there is middle ground between "condoning" the battery that he's charged with and thinking he should be fired for it or banned from ever working in his profession again. I don't condone it. I do think he should be held accountable. That may or may not mean he is fired or banished from the NFL. Suspension, fine, etc. may be appropriate. We don't know what happened yet, however.

i feel like there is middle ground between "condoning" the battery that he's charged with and thinking he should be fired for it or banned from ever working in his profession again. I don't condone it. I do think he should be held accountable. That may or may not mean he is fired or banished from the NFL. Suspension, fine, etc. may be appropriate. We don't know what happened yet, however.

Reasonable take.

Yolo,not to get off topic here but I always enjoy reading your posts.

No, I never said anything of the like. In fact, I said that I support Incognito despite his past issues as I am all for a person changing and being allowed second chances, heck even third or fourth depending on the level of their transgressions. However, I feel that the organization that person is a member of when acts like this (as I can only assume they are based on the released info so far) they need to cut ties for the reasons I stated in previous posts. Does that mean banishment from the NFL? No. Does that mean the Bills shouldn't consider taking him back a year down the road? No. But he needs to be fired now and given time to prove that he is not that man and learned from the incident before I want him employed by my favorite professional sports team. Again, this is all assuming that he was the aggressor and really did what was charged.

Edited by Mark80

im embarassed to wear my aaron kromer visor and windbreaker on gameday at this point, ill say that.

though everyone will be too scared to say anything to me about it.

That is about the funniest thing you have written, and that i have read. Damn, you do have a great sense of humor !

contrary to rumors

Character flaws and physical abuse of women and children are two completely different animals in my opinion.

So if The DadKromer hit him its not abuse. abuse if he he hit his own kid. and then kept hitting him.

Punching someone in the face is one of two things. self defense OR aggression .by someone at sometime before 130 am.

Reasonable take.

aint it though ; )

No, I never said anything of the like. In fact, I said that I support Incognito despite his past issues as I am all for a person changing and being allowed second chances, heck even third or fourth depending on the level of their transgressions. However, I feel that the organization that person is a member of when acts like this (as I can only assume they are based on the released info so far) they need to cut ties for the reasons I stated in previous posts. Does that mean banishment from the NFL? No. Does that mean the Bills shouldn't consider taking him back a year down the road? No. But he needs to be fired now and given time to prove that he is not that man and learned from the incident before I want him employed by my favorite professional sports team. Again, this is all assuming that he was the aggressor and really did what was charged.

being fired means The Bills have accepted as fact that he hit the Kid in anger. he still could be. its early yet. lets be fair to all involved

I don't watch the Bills for moral direction. Ideally, they wouldn't have brushes with the law, but I have the same thoughts about society in general. In this age of the internet things take on exaggerated proportions because everyone has a "voice" that can be easily heard. I'd bet few, outside of Bills fans, and most of us too, care that much about Aaron Kromer. If the organization decides he should be let go, fine. If they determine, for whatever reason, that he should stay, then fine.

Kromer's actions reflect on Kromer, not me as a Bills fan.

Edited by purple haze

the man punched a kid.. If he's guilty he better be fired immediately.

and yes I care very much about our perception. Pro Sports is a privilege and when you commit a horrible crime and are convicted of it you shoudl be removed from duty

if your not embarrassed or upset about it well you might as well just be a patriots fan. Whats the point of morals, winning is more important than sportsmanship integrity and honestly

The "kid" was 6ft tall and about 300lbs. and there was 3 of them and Kromer was alone. They probably got lippy and acting tough. I would have punched the jackass too!!!