LAMP...Proud Uncle today!

Just found out my nephew was recruited out of Royal Palm Beach HS in Florida to kick for WVU! He'll redshirt his first year and be groomed to replace the current kicker. I am now officially a Mountaineer fan!

Hopefully he knows how to drink responsibly. That school is one of the biggest partying schools in the country. Too many parents don't teach their children how to drink responsibly before they go off to college, ignoring the inevitable, and that is when drinking becomes dangerous.

Congrats though, that's very cool.

Thanks everyone. He's a very good, respectful young man. I'm trying to tell my sister he's going to party but she doesn't believe it. lol.. But He's a great kid and is very focused.

You never know. I realize he'll be kicking but most programs are pretty big on their dry rules during the season. I have a few friends who played D1 football and told me that they didn't even want to party (read: drink) much during the offseason, since they were always busting their asses trying to put on more muscle. Of course, these guys were all linebackers and D-linemen so YMMV.

Congrats, though!