The GOP Nomination--The Donald and So Much More!

Trump is a "choice" for you?

I'd vote for Bush W, Gore, Obama, Clinton, Carson...even "the rent is too damn high" before Trump.

Has there been a more frightening candidate in the last 30 years.

Seriously, could you pull the lever for Trump?

Sure I could. He's not my choice among the R's but his ideology and principles are far superior to Hillary. What are you afraid he'll do if elected? Secure the border? Cut some spending? Address SS deficit? Be too tough on ISIS? Tell the Chinese to F-off?

Most of the people here who you would consider to be on the right probably don't self identify as republicans. I can't speak for all but I can myself. I am not a republican. I feel the party is too concerned with maintaining the status quo and continuing careers, beholden to special interests and the party of democrat lite. I vote for the candidates in any election that most closely aligns with my viewpoints. There are many disenfranchised "republican" voters who feel betrayed by the party that has lost their way and refused to stand up for its principles.

And to your other point

Trump exists beause of obama, and republicans not executing their campaign promises once we elect them. Trump is such an extreme alpha male take no bull **** call it like he sees it persona, that he is a breath of fresh air to many who are sick of Obama's bull **** policies general lack of leadership and indecisiveness and apologizing for America. Trump actively speaks what many in the republican party feel. He is optimistic and wants to make America exceptional. He recognizes there are real threats to america, he values freedom and the 2nd ammendment etc..

There is a reason by and large the GOP establishment and media have turned against him so quickly but voters still flock to him. He is a threat to the status quo and the good ol boy network.

I still don't know if he is my preferred candidate from the right, but I guarantee 100% I would vote for him over anyone the left rolls out without a second of hesitation.

Yes. I was a registered conservative when I lived in NY state. Illinois has no conservative party choice so R now.

I want him over Hillary for sure.

Hillary is just a power hungry part of the old Dem machine. She won't wreck the country. She'll just be an iteration of things we've already seen. You won't like her and neither will I but it won't be a disaster.

Trump could literally blow the entire world to bits. Do you really want someone that mentally unstable to be president?

I truly fear for the USA that you and others would vote for him. I would vote for gatorman with a VP of Tom Brady before I'd vote for him

Hillary is just a power hungry part of the old Dem machine. She won't wreck the country. She'll just be an iteration of things we've already seen. You won't like her and neither will I but it won't be a disaster.

Trump could literally blow the entire world to bits. Do you really want someone that mentally unstable to be president?

I truly fear for the USA that you and others would vote for him. I would vote for gatorman with a VP of Tom Brady before I'd vote for him

So your fear about Trump is that he'll order massive military attacks around the world without the Congress making a declaration of war?

So your fear about Trump is that he'll order massive military attacks around the world without the Congress making a declaration of war?

My fear about Trump is that he'll nuke Russia just because Putin made fun of his hair.

I fear he'd alienate much of the world saying coarse and inappropriate things and threatening people with little cause. yes, I know putin does this already. I don't want two putin types running 2 superpower nations. diplomacy is greatly undervalued. it's much cheaper than blood and treasure.

I fear he'd alienate much of the world saying coarse and inappropriate things and threatening people with little cause. yes, I know putin does this already. I don't want two putin types running 2 superpower nations. diplomacy is greatly undervalued. it's much cheaper than blood and treasure.

And yet for all his ridiculous bombast, he'd still be a better President for the US than Bernie.

Putin is much smarter than Trump.

I forgot all about this forum. Thanks Tom. I am here for my proper idiot branding.

I am for whoever scares the hell out of everyone else in Washington. Trump definitely fits the bill, but ultimately it's going to be Rubio or Cruz. I would prefer Paul, I voted for his old man every chance I got.