The GOP Nomination--The Donald and So Much More!

Immigration is a huge plank of his, no doubt. I think it accounts for about half of his 30%. The other half is a protest vote against the GOP's corruption, stupidity, and weakness. I think he can grow both planks.

Au contraire, I see him as a viable MODERATE candidate who is anti-establishment and can win the general election, unlike the recently failed establishment guys. I think Trump will have surprising crossover appeal to working class blacks, independents tired of the BS of both parties, and young millennials that like his celebrity and style. Trump will have a lockdown on working class whites, and hopefully there will be enough cuckservative Republicans who will hold their nose and pull the lever for him to avoid a Hillary or Biden presidency. That's the coalition I think Trump can form, and I have bets with you and Magox that this coalition will win.

I'm not the only one who thinks he can win in the general, btw:

kathy3.png

Trump is a moderate liberal, who's using the opening in the GOP field to build his brand name. At a certain point, you and your ilk should hold him accountable for a position other than "I'm going to hire a bunch of smart people to fix the problem" Because I'm sure you've been told countless times, that was the platform of the current guy in the White House. How has that worked out for you?

Immigration is a huge plank of his, no doubt. I think it accounts for about half of his 30%. The other half is a protest vote against the GOP's corruption, stupidity, and weakness. I think he can grow both planks.

Au contraire, I see him as a viable MODERATE candidate who is anti-establishment and can win the general election, unlike the recently failed establishment guys. I think Trump will have surprising crossover appeal to working class blacks, independents tired of the BS of both parties, and young millennials that like his celebrity and style. Trump will have a lockdown on working class whites, and hopefully there will be enough cuckservative Republicans who will hold their nose and pull the lever for him to avoid a Hillary or Biden presidency. That's the coalition I think Trump can form, and I have bets with you and Magox that this coalition will win.

I'm not the only one who thinks he can win in the general, btw:

kathy3.png

Millennials don't like Trumps style. An arrogant egomanic who runs around telling people how rich he is (Seriously real rich people don't go around shouting it, does Warren Buffet or Bill Gate do this) while wearing a God awful hairpiece and having tacky taste isn't appealing to young people. I will agree with you that Trump will have an appeal to some as a protest vote and the Republican base who support his immigration and some populist stances.

But I think when you look at his actual platform and policy prescriptions (what little there is) the general electorate won't be buying in. I see Bernie Sanders as a bigger contender coming from the base of his party as he has a much more fleshed out platform people can actually stand or be against the merits of. Where as Trump is just marketing a brand and in a weak field coming in as an outsider is working.

At a certain point, you and your ilk should hold him accountable for a position other than "I'm going to hire a bunch of smart people to fix the problem"

I have no problem with him governing like a CEO, actually. That's how it should be done, and I like that he's campaigning like a CEO. For his immigration policy paper, he consulted with conservative immigration wonk Jeff Sessions. He's going to release his tax plan soon, and I'm sure he'll have consulted with some equivalent tax wonk. I like that.

Speaking of being held accountable, though, at some point you cuckservatives need to hold the GOP establishment and political consulting class accountable for not trying to bridge this divide between base and party. No matter what candidate you support, the objective is to beat the Democrats. While I enjoy trading barbs with cuckservatives online, at some point it doesn't make sense for the GOP consultants and talking heads like George Will to be criticizing the base. There needs to be some mediation. Ironically, Trump, if he weren't running for president, would be able to see the angles to bridge the divide. He's the greatest negotiator in the history of mankind.

But I think when you look at his actual platform and policy prescriptions (what little there is) the general electorate won't be buying in. I see Bernie Sanders as a bigger contender coming from the base of his party as he has a much more fleshed out platform people can actually stand or be against the merits of. Where as Trump is just marketing a brand and in a weak field coming in as an outsider is working.

lol, Sanders will get crushed by Hillary's money or Biden's money (if the donors switch over to him).

Sanders has no chance.

I have no problem with him governing like a CEO, actually. That's how it should be done, and I like that he's campaigning like a CEO. For his immigration policy paper, he consulted with conservative immigration wonk Jeff Sessions. He's going to release his tax plan soon, and I'm sure he'll have consulted with some equivalent tax wonk. I like that.

Speaking of being held accountable, though, at some point you cuckservatives need to hold the GOP establishment and political consulting class accountable for not trying to bridge this divide between base and party. No matter what candidate you support, the objective is to beat the Democrats. While I enjoy trading barbs with cuckservatives online, at some point it doesn't make sense for the GOP consultants and talking heads like George Will to be criticizing the base. There needs to be some mediation. Ironically, Trump, if he weren't running for president, would be able to see the angles to bridge the divide. He's the greatest negotiator in the history of mankind.

... the hell?

Trump will get eaten alive by the DEM machine if he sniffs the GOP nomination. He's like the popular third string QB who pads his stats against third stringers in the fourth quarter. If you think the press are tough on him now wait until the regular season starts.

And he's not governing like a CEO. He's governing like a make belief CEO, which the moron Apprentice watchers believe that's what a CEO acts like. Very few petulant egotist managers make it to the top, and Trump's had the benefit of daddy's money to launch his real estate empire. If a real CEO's plan was simply to hire smart people to do the work, then that CEO would quickly lose control. Oh wait, Trump did that. Must have been some great negotiator to get taken to cleaners by the creditors in the four bankruptcies and get fired from a company that bears his name.

I'm telling you right now, there is no more vitriolic bunch of people that are involved in the politics than this group.

I understand the immigration issue is very important to you like gay marriage is to John Adams, but this comment is wrong.

When tea party people start tweeting out home addresses for people show up at and harass the occupants...when they are setting up tents, destroying property, schitting on cop cars, forcing companies to close their businesses and start shooting cops...THEN we'll have this talk.

But the far left is well-oiled, well-funded machine of death and destruction and to suggest the tea party is more vitriolic is beyond ridiculous.

Edited by LABillzFan

And he's not governing like a CEO. He's governing like a make belief CEO, which the moron Apprentice watchers believe that's what a CEO acts like. Very few petulant egotist managers make it to the top, and Trump's had the benefit of daddy's money to launch his real estate empire. If a real CEO's plan was simply to hire smart people to do the work, then that CEO would quickly lose control.

Newsflash: the character he plays on TV isn't how he runs his own company.

He clearly has his own vision as well but will hire and consult with the best to carry out that vision properly.

Newsflash: the character he plays on TV isn't how he runs his own company.

He clearly has his own vision as well but will hire and consult with the best to carry out that vision properly.

Exactly who is he going to hire to run a government behemoth? People who are versed in building commercial real estate properties? People who can run a golf course? He couldn't run a Fortune 100 company, let alone the US Government.

I understand the immigration issue is very important to you like gay marriage is to John Adams, but this comment is wrong.

When tea party people start tweeting out home addresses for people show up at and harass the occupants...when they are setting up tents, destroying property, schitting on cop cars, forcing companies to close their businesses and start shooting cops...THEN we'll have this talk.

But the far left is well-oiled, well-funded machine of death and destruction and to suggest the tea party is more vitriolic is beyond ridiculous.

No, man. I don't know how many articles everyone else reads regarding politics, but I do a **** load. And there is no group more hate-filled and vitriolic then these folks. Don't get me wrong, there is plenty of vitriol out there, but these guys are the cream of the crop when it comes to this. I read the comments every day. I really began to notice the hate within these people during the immigration debate.

The group that you are referring to are anarchists, I don't consider those anyone part of any political group, and they certainly aren't ones that are posting comments in the political comments section.

Don't confuse uncouth miscreants with law-abiding people who harbor hate.

And I didn't say the "tea party", I inferred the portion of the tea party that is obsessed with the immigration issues. I don't consider these folks true tea party people, what was the motivating force of the Tea party, LA?

Remember???

Taxed Enough Already

The Tea Party was most relevant and viewed with higher favorability when they stuck to the economic issues. Unfortunately for the tea party, it was hijacked by other groups, like the anti immigration and social issues voters. That was not what the Tea party was about, we spoke about that here on this board.

Exactly who is he going to hire to run a government behemoth? People who are versed in building commercial real estate properties? People who can run a golf course? He couldn't run a Fortune 100 company, let alone the US Government.

Lame. He'll find the appropriate people. He found Chuck Laudner to run his Iowa campaign, despite never running for office before. Laudner was widely credited with winning Iowa for Santorum. He found Jeff Sessions to help with the immigration paper. Trump's already networked into that world, and it will continue to grow. I assume if he's the GOP nominee, the the Party will provide candidates as well for Mr. Trump to interview.

LA, you want to see what I'm talking about? I went to THEHILL and looked for the very first article I saw with Jeb Bush in it. As I knew that would attract these hate mongers. Here you go:

So Jeb is going to pay homage to the sacred ground in Texas where his wife gave birth to their anchor baby son? I think I feel a tear forming....................

Jebby is going to bring the illegal alien invaders some tacos, warm blankets and cocoa. He wants to open the border permanently so we don't have to keep arguing about the illegals.

Bush is like a parasite that shows up to barter for the scraps the Trump alpha male wolf left behind.

maggots take great offense to that Jen..................

What's Jebbie going to do down there? Hug and kiss the illegals and compliment them on committing acts of "love" when they violate our laws? This privileged turd has zero credibility except among the open-borders La Raza crowd. He's going nowhere in this election.

Jebito Pedro Bush will pose with Anchor Babies.

Jeb! Bush is unbearable. Please leave us alone. This pathetic man and his family need to leave us alone. Trump should keep making fun of him. It's nice to see a real leader stick it to El Jeb!

Jeb can move to Mexico and run for President there. He'd be a good fit.

Jebito's wife can clean the toilets and mow the lawns.

She does jobs Americans won't do.

He and the Pope will make burritos with Jeb's wife and then sing, " Let their peace on earth."

IF there is a god then the Pope, Bush,Rubio, Deblassio and Gutierrez will all go to the border together and they will be kidnapped by the Cartel. Then Obama will do what we did for our Marine who sat in a Mexican prison for almost a year..............NOTHING.

These were just some of the first few comments and to be honest, this is relatively tame compared to the comments I typically read.

It's bad. Sometimes, I literally see thousands of these sort of comments, back to back to back. I remember one time when Rubio was crafting this legislation, I read it with complete dismay, there literally was over 500 straight comments, every single one of them was filled with this sort of garbage.

When someone makes reference to African Americans eating Watermelons as a way to deride them, that is seen as pretty racist, right?

The comments up above is exactly the same thing. Like I said, it's nothing new, par for the course.

There is a good 5% of the population that are filled with xenophobes, and they are hate-filled.

This is more than just anecdotal when you read thousands and thousands of these sort of comments over the last couple years. Plus, the very fact that when Trump initially said that the illegals that come here from Mexico, that most of them are rapists and murders and that he "supposes" some are good, and that ended up being what really kick started things off for him, speaks volumes.

These people, I'm not aligned with them.

Edited by Magox

Lame. He'll find the appropriate people. He found Chuck Laudner to run his Iowa campaign, despite never running for office before. Laudner was widely credited with winning Iowa for Santorum. He found Jeff Sessions to help with the immigration paper. Trump's already networked into that world, and it will continue to grow. I assume if he's the GOP nominee, the the Party will provide candidates as well for Mr. Trump to interview.

And who will he hire for the genocide?

No, man. I don't know how many articles everyone else reads regarding politics, but I do a **** load. And there is no group more hate-filled and vitriolic then these folks. Don't get me wrong, there is plenty of vitriol out there, but these guys are the cream of the crop when it comes to this. I read the comments every day. I really began to notice the hate within these people during the immigration debate.

The group that you are referring to are anarchists, I don't consider those anyone part of any political group, and they certainly aren't ones that are posting comments in the political comments section.

Don't confuse uncouth miscreants with law-abiding people who harbor hate.

And I didn't say the "tea party", I inferred the portion of the tea party that is obsessed with the immigration issues. I don't consider these folks true tea party people, what was the motivating force of the Tea party, LA?

Remember???

Taxed Enough Already

The Tea Party was most relevant and viewed with higher favorability when they stuck to the economic issues. Unfortunately for the tea party, it was hijacked by other groups, like the anti immigration and social issues voters. That was not what the Tea party was about, we spoke about that here on this board.

I don't recall any of the many Tea Parties being hijacked by anti immigration or social issues people. I recall the left trying to paint them with those characteristics along with racism.

The Germans love him. He's got great relationships with the Germans. They buy his apartments. But they're killing us in trade.

Yet our economy grew faster than theirs. Imagine that.

I don't recall any of the many Tea Parties being hijacked by anti immigration or social issues people. I recall the left trying to paint them with those characteristics along with racism.

You haven't? Really?

take a look here , here and here

The evidence is clear, back when the Tea Party was just getting started economic issues is what mattered most. That is no longer the case, according to polling.

And when I say hijacked, I mean that the group is no longer about mainly economics, gov. overreach and debt, the group now represent a whole myriad of causes. Social issues and immigration being the dominant ones.

Which is why their favorability has dropped off significantly. I always have said, when Repubs stick to Gov. overreach, debt and economics, they win. When they deviate, they lose.

Edited by Magox

I remember people saying largely the same about Obama.

How many times is this clown gonna continue to Flip Flop?

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump said he was open to the flat tax Monday before denouncing its central premise, all within the the span of a minute.

“You can have fair tax, you can have flat tax, you can take the existing plans that we have and simplify…” Trump said during an appearance onFox & Friends. “We’re going to simplify; that’s the easiest in terms of getting it done. Later on if we go to a flat tax, that’s something else.”

So Trump is at least open to the flat tax. But when pressed on the specifics by Fox’s Steve Doocy, Trump immediately started dismissing it.

“Well, the magic number is a very complicated number. I’ve seen them from 15% to 20%, nobody knows if it works,” he said.

“The one problem I have with the flat tax is that rich people are paying the same as people that are making very little money,” he said. “And I think there should be a graduation of some kind. Because as you make a certain amount of money, I think you should have to graduate upward.”

To be clear, the “graduation” that Trump refers to is more commonly known as a progressive tax rate… which is literally the opposite of a flat tax.

But his supporters don't care, as we've already seen him flop on taking money from big money donors and a whole host of other policy positions, they simply don't care. They like Trump, because he makes them feel good.

How many times is this clown gonna continue to Flip Flop?

But his supporters don't care, as we've already seen him flop on taking money from big money donors and a whole host of other policy positions, they simply don't care. They like Trump, because he makes them feel good.

More like, they like Trump because he makes establishment people feel bad - people have been sick of the Status Quo for awhile now and they are gonna get increasingly radical in their choices until they feel the system is starting to treat them better .

More like, they like Trump because he makes establishment people feel bad - people have been sick of the Status Quo for awhile now and they are gonna get increasingly radical in their choices until they feel the system is starting to treat them better .

People are always sick of the status quo. That's not new.

You haven't? Really?

take a look here , here and here

The evidence is clear, back when the Tea Party was just getting started economic issues is what mattered most. That is no longer the case, according to polling.

And when I say hijacked, I mean that the group is no longer about mainly economics, gov. overreach and debt, the group now represent a whole myriad of causes. Social issues and immigration being the dominant ones.

Which is why their favorability has dropped off significantly. I always have said, when Repubs stick to Gov. overreach, debt and economics, they win. When they deviate, they lose.

Did you read the articles that you linked? Other than Michael Tanner's comments about a couple of Tea Party people disliking abortion and gay marriage there's nothing to see in those articles that is of note. It shouldn't surprise anyone that people who are fiscally conservative tend to be a little more conservative in the social arena too. The one article quoted polls from 2010 and 2011 as evidence that the Tea Parties are getting not only more socially conservative over the years but are including those issues in their agenda. Remember the Tea Parties rose up in 2009. The Tea Parties claim no social agenda in their charters, but that doesn't mean that individual Tea Party members don't have socially driven opinions. What I think that you are feeling are the effects of the left's barrage of lies against the Tea Parties.

Best of me? No dude, I see through his bull ****, you don't. Wake the !@#$ up!

If you truly are a conservative, you should be worried about the direction this is going as well. Trump is no conservative, that has been established through his body of work and the proposals he is throwing out, which aren't conservative either.

Not withstanding the talk radio right wingers, just about every conservative respected thinker is able to see right through the snakeoil salesman Trump. The problem is that people maybe even you have such a visceral view of illegal immigrants that they honestly don't care what positions Trump holds or how many times he flops. Unfortunately, this nativist sentiment that runs rampant within the certain segments of the GOP is their # 1 issue. This issue is more important than anything else for these folks, which is why they are willing to compromise their previous beliefs for someone who is so outspoken as Trump.

By the way, remember when Trump was saying how if a donor wants to give a million.dollars to a campaign, that they will always want something in return? Which I don't believe is the case for many donors, but none the less he said that. And that he wouldn't take any money from large donors.

He flopped on that position. But I'm sure you and Ozy don't care about that or will attempt to spin and explain his most recent flop.

Apparently you missed where I stated (again) that Trump is not my choice nor do I support mass deportation. I'm simply making the point that being strong on illegal immigration (which doesn't have to go as far as mass deportation) may be a winning position for the eventual Republican nominee given public opinion. If I were DC Tom I would be calling you an idiot now but I'm not so I won't.

Did you read the articles that you linked? Other than Michael Tanner's comments about a couple of Tea Party people disliking abortion and gay marriage there's nothing to see in those articles that is of note. It shouldn't surprise anyone that people who are fiscally conservative tend to be a little more conservative in the social arena too. The one article quoted polls from 2010 and 2011 as evidence that the Tea Parties are getting not only more socially conservative over the years but are including those issues in their agenda. Remember the Tea Parties rose up in 2009. The Tea Parties claim no social agenda in their charters, but that doesn't mean that individual Tea Party members don't have socially driven opinions. What I think that you are feeling are the effects of the left's barrage of lies against the Tea Parties.

I'm not talking about what they claim on their charters. I'm talking about the composition of the tea party. What I said was 100% correct, not 90% not 75% not 50%, but 100%. Which is that the Tea party no longer is a group of people that solely care about government overreach, debt and economic issues. The group now has taken on immigration and social issues as one of their main causes. That is not the left telling me anything 3rd, I don't get influenced by what people say, I look at the data. The data is first and foremost what influences my decisions, followed by my observations.

Taxed Enough Already. That's what it use to be about, but if you were to conduct a poll of what Tea Partiers care about most, according to the links that I provided, the #1 issue is Immigration.

Apparently you missed where I stated (again) that Trump is not my choice nor do I support mass deportation. I'm simply making the point that being strong on illegal immigration (which doesn't have to go as far as mass deportation) may be a winning position for the eventual Republican nominee given public opinion. If I were DC Tom I would be calling you an idiot now but I'm not so I won't.

You obviously do support Trump. You repeatedly come to his defense, you have claimed that Americans support mass deportation more so than what actually is the case. You claim or inferred that not courting the Latino votes wouldn't affect the outcome in states like Florida and Colorado. You keep claiming that somehow even though Trump is the most disliked politician that he could garner enough support.

So your words of you saying that you don't support Trump, doesn't match up with the rest of your words. Bottom line, you are a Trump supporter/sympathizer.

Edited by Magox

If there is any consolation to all this is that at least Trump's rhetoric and policy proposals aren't affecting everyone else.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/08/donald-trump-hispanic-favorability-121690.html?hp=l5_4

Donald Trump’s bromides on undocumented immigrants appear to have deeply damaged whatever appeal he might have once had among Hispanic voters.

A new Gallup poll released Monday evening found that 65 percent of Hispanic voters say they have an unfavorable view of Trump, compared with 14 percent who view him favorably— yielding him a net favorable score of -51, well below any other presidential candidate.

Jeb Bush, meanwhile, racked up the highest favorability rating among GOP candidates with a +11 net favorable score, followed by Marco Rubio with +5 and Carly Fiorina with +3.

On the Democratic side, Hillary Clinton has a net favorable rating of +40, followed by Sen. Bernie Sanders with a +5 favorability score.

I'm not talking about what they claim on their charters. I'm talking about the composition of the tea party. What I said was 100% correct, not 90% not 75% not 50%, but 100%. Which is that the Tea party no longer is a group of people that solely care about government overreach, debt and economic issues. The group now has taken on immigration and social issues as one of their main causes. That is not the left telling me anything 3rd, I don't get influenced by what people say, I look at the data. The data is first and foremost what influences my decisions, followed by my observations.

Taxed Enough Already. That's what it use to be about, but if you were to conduct a poll of what Tea Partiers care about most, according to the links that I provided, the #1 issue is Immigration.

You obviously do support Trump. You repeatedly come to his defense, you have claimed that Americans support mass deportation more so than what actually is the case. You claim or inferred that not courting the Latino votes wouldn't affect the outcome in states like Florida and Colorado. You keep claiming that somehow even though Trump is the most disliked politician that he could garner enough support.

So your words of you saying that you don't support Trump, doesn't match up with the rest of your words. Bottom line, you are a Trump supporter/sympathizer.

This from your first link. The only mention of Tea Party was the pollster:

Polling data compiled by Tea Party Patriots and provided exclusively to Breitbart News shows that a majority of Republican voters think Republicans standing strong on immigration is more important than repealing Obamacare, getting to the bottom of the Benghazi or IRS scandals–or anything else for that matter.

When asked by TPP’s pollster which issue they think is the important for Republicans in Congress to deal with, 34.6 percent of GOP voters said stopping the flow of illegal immigrants across our southern border. Stopping Obama’s “illegal overreach” with executive power came in a distant second with 24 percent of GOP voters saying that’s the most important, while 23 percent saying repealing Obamacare is the most important and just 7.2 percent say the IRS scandal is the most important issue and 2.8 percent say the Benghazi scandal is most important. A total of 8.4 percent of GOP voters said they don’t know or refused to answer.

The poll was conduced with 1,000 likely GOP voters on Thursday, July 24 via a combination of cell phones and landlines nationwide, with a margin of error of 3.2 percent.

When the GOP voters were asked why the illegal aliens are coming into America, 78.8 percent said they are coming because “they have been led to believe that they will be allowed to remain here legally” while just 13.6 percent said they are coming because they want to “flee violence in their home countries” and 7.6 percent said they don’t know.

This is from your second link. Note the date of the article and the dates of the polls. The fact that conservatives tend to be conservative in all matters isn't a news flash and your contention that this has recently come about and kidnapped the Tea Parties agenda is false.

FEBRUARY 23, 2011
The Tea Party and Religion

RP2012-logo-temp-04.png

The Tea Party movement clearly played a role in rejuvenating the Republican Party in 2010, helping the GOP take control of the House and make gains in the Senate. Tea Party supporters made up 41% of the electorate on Nov. 2, and 86% of them voted for Republican House candidates, according to exit polls. But the precise nature of the Tea Party has been less clear. Is it solely a movement to reduce the size of government and cut taxes, as its name – some people refer to it as the Taxed Enough Already party – implies? Or do its supporters share a broader set of conservative positions on social as well as economic issues? Does the movement draw support across the religious spectrum? Or has the religious right “taken over” the Tea Party, as some commentators have suggested? 1

A new analysis by the Pew Research Center’s Forum on Religion & Public Life finds that Tea Party supporters tend to have conservative opinions not just about economic matters, but also about social issues such as abortion and same-sex marriage. In addition, they are much more likely than registered voters as a whole to say that their religion is the most important factor in determining their opinions on these social issues.2 And they draw disproportionate support from the ranks of white evangelical Protestants.

Your third link is your strongest one in support of your theory, but don't believe for a moment that illegal immigration is only a social issue. It has its economic impact too. The playing field has changed in the last year or so since this administration invited all those South & Central American children to flood our southern border. It is rightfully appropriate for the Tea Parties to enter the immigration fray. As far as the gay marriage and abortion issues I would hope that they would completely stay away from them. Regardless of how one feels about those issues they need to stay on point and not add the extra weight of something that can't be changed in an election cycle or two, or three.

Trump: Not a Conservative On Taxes

Scott Walker’s tenure as Governor of Wisconsin has been one of the most successful exercises in conservative governance in recent years. Walker rescued Wisconsin from its financial troubles, broke the power of the public sector unions, withstood unhinged attacks from the Left, and prompted a sharp uptick in Wisconsin’s economic performance. But yesterday on ABC’s This Week, Donald Trump casually denigrated Walker’s accomplishments.

{snip}

Two points: First, Trump criticizes Walker for not raising taxes. If you were under any illusion that Trump is a conservative, this should disabuse you. Second, everything Trump says here is straight out of the Democratic Party’s anti-Walker talking points. The idea that the state has a $2.2 billion deficit is ludicrous, although Democrats have tried to float that number. Wisconsin’s budget is required by law to be balanced; one of Walker’s triumphs is that he balanced the budget in the face of a projected shortfall without raising taxes. For a true picture of the state’s budget go here. The “borrowing to the hilt” that Trump refers to consists of bonds to pay for road construction.

Why would Trump attack a fellow Republican by parroting the Democrats’ talking points? Probably because Trump doesn’t think of Walker that way. When Walker was the point man for Republicans nationwide, absorbing more abuse than any politician within memory while beating the Democrats in three elections in four years, Trump was contributing to Democrats’ campaigns, explaining why the financial collapse of 2008 was the Republicans’ fault, and telling reporters that he agrees with Democrats on most issues.

Anyone who thinks Scott Walker’s administration has been bad for Wisconsin is 1) ill-informed, and 2) not a conservative.

This from your first link. The only mention of Tea Party was the pollster:

Polling data compiled by Tea Party Patriots and provided exclusively to Breitbart News shows that a majority of Republican voters think Republicans standing strong on immigration is more important than repealing Obamacare, getting to the bottom of the Benghazi or IRS scandalsor anything else for that matter.

When asked by TPPs pollster which issue they think is the important for Republicans in Congress to deal with, 34.6 percent of GOP voters said stopping the flow of illegal immigrants across our southern border. Stopping Obamas illegal overreach with executive power came in a distant second with 24 percent of GOP voters saying thats the most important, while 23 percent saying repealing Obamacare is the most important and just 7.2 percent say the IRS scandal is the most important issue and 2.8 percent say the Benghazi scandal is most important. A total of 8.4 percent of GOP voters said they dont know or refused to answer.

The poll was conduced with 1,000 likely GOP voters on Thursday, July 24 via a combination of cell phones and landlines nationwide, with a margin of error of 3.2 percent.

When the GOP voters were asked why the illegal aliens are coming into America, 78.8 percent said they are coming because they have been led to believe that they will be allowed to remain here legally while just 13.6 percent said they are coming because they want to flee violence in their home countries and 7.6 percent said they dont know.

This is from your second link. Note the date of the article and the dates of the polls. The fact that conservatives tend to be conservative in all matters isn't a news flash and your contention that this has recently come about and kidnapped the Tea Parties agenda is false.

FEBRUARY 23, 2011

The Tea Party and Religion

RP2012-logo-temp-04.png

The Tea Party movement clearly played a role in rejuvenating the Republican Party in 2010, helping the GOP take control of the House and make gains in the Senate. Tea Party supporters made up 41% of the electorate on Nov. 2, and 86% of them voted for Republican House candidates, according to exit polls. But the precise nature of the Tea Party has been less clear. Is it solely a movement to reduce the size of government and cut taxes, as its name some people refer to it as the Taxed Enough Already party implies? Or do its supporters share a broader set of conservative positions on social as well as economic issues? Does the movement draw support across the religious spectrum? Or has the religious right taken over the Tea Party, as some commentators have suggested? 1[/size]

A new analysis by the Pew Research Centers Forum on Religion & Public Life finds that Tea Party supporters tend to have conservative opinions not just about economic matters, but also about social issues such as abortion and same-sex marriage. In addition, they are much more likely than registered voters as a whole to say that their religion is the most important factor in determining their opinions on these social issues.2[/size] And they draw disproportionate support from the ranks of white evangelical Protestants.

Your third link is your strongest one in support of your theory, but don't believe for a moment that illegal immigration is only a social issue. It has its economic impact too. The playing field has changed in the last year or so since this administration invited all those South & Central American children to flood our southern border. It is rightfully appropriate for the Tea Parties to enter the immigration fray. As far as the gay marriage and abortion issues I would hope that they would completely stay away from them. Regardless of how one feels about those issues they need to stay on point and not add the extra weight of something that can't be changed in an election cycle or two, or three.

3rd are you having a hard time understanding what I said? That link backs up what I stated, which is that gov. Overreach, debt and the economy no longer are the main drivers of motivation for the Tea Party. It says it right there, illegal immigration is the number one issue by a wide margin and that gov. Out reach "comes in a distant second".

Just like I said, the Tea party doesn't solely focus on Debt, gov overreach and the economy. Taxed Enough Already.

Trump: Not a Conservative On Taxes

Scott Walker’s tenure as Governor of Wisconsin has been one of the most successful exercises in conservative governance in recent years. Walker rescued Wisconsin from its financial troubles, broke the power of the public sector unions, withstood unhinged attacks from the Left, and prompted a sharp uptick in Wisconsin’s economic performance. But yesterday on ABC’s This Week, Donald Trump casually denigrated Walker’s accomplishments.

{snip}

Two points: First, Trump criticizes Walker for not raising taxes. If you were under any illusion that Trump is a conservative, this should disabuse you. Second, everything Trump says here is straight out of the Democratic Party’s anti-Walker talking points. The idea that the state has a $2.2 billion deficit is ludicrous, although Democrats have tried to float that number. Wisconsin’s budget is required by law to be balanced; one of Walker’s triumphs is that he balanced the budget in the face of a projected shortfall without raising taxes. For a true picture of the state’s budget go here. The “borrowing to the hilt” that Trump refers to consists of bonds to pay for road construction.

Why would Trump attack a fellow Republican by parroting the Democrats’ talking points? Probably because Trump doesn’t think of Walker that way. When Walker was the point man for Republicans nationwide, absorbing more abuse than any politician within memory while beating the Democrats in three elections in four years, Trump was contributing to Democrats’ campaigns, explaining why the financial collapse of 2008 was the Republicans’ fault, and telling reporters that he agrees with Democrats on most issues.

Anyone who thinks Scott Walker’s administration has been bad for Wisconsin is 1) ill-informed, and 2) not a conservative.

Yet another example of his non conservatism. But hey, he wants to deport all the illegals, full of bluster of non substantive bluster on China and he isn't PC. That's all his supporters care about, screw economic conservatism.

Edited by Magox

Trump is attacking Megyn Kelly again.

http://time.com/4009518/donald-trump-megyn-kelly/

"I liked The Kelly File much better without @megynkelly. Perhaps she could take another eleven day unscheduled vacation!"

What's up with Trumps late night twitter outbursts? He kind of reminds me of myself, after I've had a few too many pale ales. Speaking of Pale Ailes, ( :doh: )do we finally get to see Roger "go to war," against Trump?

Trump is attacking Megyn Kelly again.

http://time.com/4009518/donald-trump-megyn-kelly/

"I liked The Kelly File much better without @megynkelly. Perhaps she could take another eleven day unscheduled vacation!"

What's up with Trumps late night twitter outbursts? He kind of reminds me of myself, after I've had a few too many pale ales. Speaking of Pale Ailes, ( :doh: )do we finally get to see Roger "go to war," against Trump?

I read an interesting article according to insiders of how things played out between Trump and Ailes.

Let's see, who is gonna be around longer? Kelly as a successful TV anchor or Trump as a successful politician? I know where my money would be.

3rd are you having a hard time understanding what I said? That link backs up what I stated, which is that gov. Overreach, debt and the economy no longer are the main drivers of motivation for the Tea Party. It says it right there, illegal immigration is the number one issue by a wide margin and that gov. Out reach "comes in a distant second".

Just like I said, the Tea party doesn't solely focus on Debt, gov overreach and the economy. Taxed Enough Already.

Yet another example of his non conservatism. But hey, he wants to deport all the illegals, full of bluster of non substantive bluster on China and he isn't PC. That's all his supporters care about, screw economic conservatism.

If there is any consolation to all this is that at least Trump's rhetoric and policy proposals aren't affecting everyone else.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/08/donald-trump-hispanic-favorability-121690.html?hp=l5_4

Donald Trump’s bromides on undocumented immigrants appear to have deeply damaged whatever appeal he might have once had among Hispanic voters.

A new Gallup poll released Monday evening found that 65 percent of Hispanic voters say they have an unfavorable view of Trump, compared with 14 percent who view him favorably— yielding him a net favorable score of -51, well below any other presidential candidate.

Jeb Bush, meanwhile, racked up the highest favorability rating among GOP candidates with a +11 net favorable score, followed by Marco Rubio with +5 and Carly Fiorina with +3.

On the Democratic side, Hillary Clinton has a net favorable rating of +40, followed by Sen. Bernie Sanders with a +5 favorability score.

You're fighting this illegal immigration thing pretty hard. No doubt it's a large and serious issue for the country and what to do about it is a good debate, but you sound like someone who has something to lose if we can't make citizens of all these people. Are you banging your maid and is she an illegal? You're afraid that she might have to leave? Ben Affleck's nanny might be available.

Edited by keepthefaith

You're fighting this illegal immigration thing pretty hard. No doubt it's a large and serious issue for the country and what to do about it is a good debate, but you sound like someone who has something to lose if we can't make citizens of all these people. Are you banging your maid and is she an illegal? You're afraid that she might have to leave? Ben Affleck's nanny might be available.

Lame.

In regards to knowing people who are illegal immigrants, yeah, I have quite a few friends that are. Not a single one of them are taking any sort of assistance, they all work here in South Beach as bartenders, waiters and waitresses.

And, since you are too dense to understand what I and other people have been trying to say, it's a matter of what the direction the alternative to the Democratic party is going. Will there be a party that continues to be mainstream and is able to propose serious policy positions or will it go the direction you want, which could turn out looking like what has happened in Europe, where the opposing political parties of the left, essentially became nationalistic parties who are seen as fringe, therefore becoming groups commonly referred to as "far right" who are irrelevant to the political process.

lol, economic conservatism. I completely disagree with what you said before about how the GOP should only focus on economic issues. You guys can't even convince America to understand that the minimum wage is bad and that raising it is even worse. The minimum wage should've been abolished years ago if economic messaging were persuasive with the populace.

No, the way to win national elections is to energize your base, the way Trump is doing with his nationalism. There is more than one candidate out of the 17 that are running that will energize the base, btw. It remains to be seen whether the GOP Establishment will pivot to those candidates to try to unite the party.

Nobody wants Jeb, and he will not win a general election. Jeb is also not an "economic conservative":

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/394857/jeb-chambers-water-boy-michelle-malkin

https://www.conservativereview.com/2016-presidential-candidates/candidates/jeb-bush#article-4

Bush earned the nickname “Veto Corleone” for his aggressive use of the line-item veto. However, even with his aggressive vetoing, Florida’s total state expenditures ballooned from $45.6 billion to $61.6 billion. Florida’s debt increased from $16.8 billion to $24.1 billion under Bush’s watch. This was mostly due to bond issuances for education and transportation projects that were mandated by state constitutional amendments. While the population did increase under Bush, his spending increases still outpaced population growth. Current Governor Scott has seen population growth but has been able to make considerable progress in reducing Florida’s debt.

Like big-spending father, like big-spending big brother, like big-spending second son and li’l brother.

Way to walk into the trap into this debate. If you had been paying attention, the goal is to reform immigration such that there will be much less incentive for illegal immigration to continue. But keep pretending that a fence will cure the issue.

How is Trump going to secure thousands of miles of coastline even if he's successful in building the fence?

lol, economic conservatism. I completely disagree with what you said before about how the GOP should only focus on economic issues. You guys can't even convince America to understand that the minimum wage is bad and that raising it is even worse. The minimum wage should've been abolished years ago if economic messaging were persuasive with the populace.

No, the way to win national elections is to energize your base, the way Trump is doing with his nationalism. There is more than one candidate out of the 17 that are running that will energize the base, btw. It remains to be seen whether the GOP Establishment will pivot to those candidates to try to unite the party.

Nobody wants Jeb, and he will not win a general election. Jeb is also not an "economic conservative":

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/394857/jeb-chambers-water-boy-michelle-malkin

https://www.conservativereview.com/2016-presidential-candidates/candidates/jeb-bush#article-4

Yes, the Nationalist parties are doing sooo well in Europe and is destined to do well in a country likes ours where whites will become the minority in just 20 short years. :lol: