The GOP Nomination--The Donald and So Much More!

But that was because of the whole military-industrial-congressional complex he supported.

He's a great writer too, Eisenhower - not you DC Tom, though you're not bad. Eisenhower had tremendous populist appeal. He didn't give tremendous speeches, because his delivery wasn't very polished, but the speech writing was very good, and his letters are impressive, and his memoirs, the collection he wrote himself, are some of the best in that genre.

Except when he built the Interstate Road System.

As a conservative I have no issue with Ike building the Interstate System. It was needed for both civilianand military reasons and is the kind of infrastructure mandated by the feds that I have no problem with. This is the type of thing the feds should involve themselves with, not the delta smelt or my neighbor's backyard pond.

Edited by 3rdnlng

As a conservative I have no issue with Ike building the Interstate System. It was needed for both civilianand military reasons and is the kind of infrastructure mandated by the feds that I have no problem with. This is the type of thing the feds should involve themselves with, not the delta smelt or my neighbor's backyard pond.

Civilian Conservation Corps?

edit: also, your anti-smelt stance isn't going to win you any votes in Lewiston, NY. I went to the Smelt Festival this year, and they are Dee-licious.

Edited by Franz Kafka

Civilian Conservation Corps?

edit: also, your anti-smelt stance isn't going to win you any votes in Lewiston, NY. I went to the Smelt Festival this year, and they are Dee-licious.

I'm not anti-smelt but I am pro vegetables. Look up delta smelt in California for the rest of the story.

Must say, this summer has been some of the most interesting times ever in politics. The GOP race is just a laugh a minute. Sanders is fun to watch and Obama's last 500 days is underway. He's been a pretty good president but the race to replace him is hard not to watch. Hillary is a real disaster, it looks like, but even as damaged as she is, I'll bet she beats Trump.

Anyway, the news from the front::

Two presidential candidates met Kim Davis as she praised Jesus on her release from prison. She isn't suppose to stop others she works with from marrying people, but she says she will do that anyway. Ted Cruz got blocked from going on stage with Huckabee by a Huckabee staffer. Hucker says he will go to jail for her. Good! (I see the earlier thread about this was locked. Why?)

In a matter that seems to relate to Chris Christie's Bridgegate disaster, the CEO of United Airlines resigned. Talk about crony capitalism, lol. Great story, check it out.

Perry appears to be on death watch at this point.

The Donald says he has military experience or something because he attended a boarding school or something. I guess he will be on the USS Iowa--sister ship of the Missouri!--to give a speech later in the week. No word if he will wear a flight suit and declare mission accomplished though.

Ted Cruz is moving even closer to Trump. Interesting. Why would Donald need him though?

Hillary is a real disaster, it looks like, but even as damaged as she is, I'll bet she beats Trump.

Bet me. $50 by paypal? I'll take Trump.

Ted Cruz is moving even closer to Trump. Interesting. Why would Donald need him though?

It's the other way around. Cruz needs Trump's supporters and is positioning himself to inherit them.

Not sure it's going to work.

Bet me. $50 by paypal? I'll take Trump.

It's the other way around. Cruz needs Trump's supporters and is positioning himself to inherit them.

Not sure it's going to work.

I don't like betting, but thanks anyway.

And I agree about the Cruz gambit not being a sure....bet! B-)

Just a note to Trumpsters: I've said it before and will say it again, you can NOT win the presidency with his mouth.

The left has been sitting back, letting the right eat itself, but don't think for a moment that they're not stockpiling every misogynistic comment he's ever made to ensure that no woman would ever vote for him. These aren't isolated incidents. This is a guy who treats women like whores. Pissing away the biggest presidential gimme in years because you like someone who mouths off is a bad plan.

You'll see the 'on the knees' loop, now attached to the Fiorina comment. Having an answer like "Oh, that's not what I meant" is standard SoProg response, not conservative.

On the upside, everyone is talking about Carly right now, and that's a very good thing. One more debate and hopefully the Trump show will come to an end.

Just a note to Trumpsters: I've said it before and will say it again, you can NOT win the presidency with his mouth.

The left has been sitting back, letting the right eat itself, but don't think for a moment that they're not stockpiling every misogynistic comment he's ever made to ensure that no woman would ever vote for him. These aren't isolated incidents. This is a guy who treats women like whores. Pissing away the biggest presidential gimme in years because you like someone who mouths off is a bad plan.

You'll see the 'on the knees' loop, now attached to the Fiorina comment. Having an answer like "Oh, that's not what I meant" is standard SoProg response, not conservative.

On the upside, everyone is talking about Carly right now, and that's a very good thing. One more debate and hopefully the Trump show will come to an end.

Liberal!

You're welcome to take the bet that I've offered to everyone.

If Trump can win the nomination, he will waltz to the presidency.

You cannot deny the power of President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho

In a telephone interview on CBS's "Face the Nation," Trump vowed to reform the tax laws if elected and said the current system was harming middle class Americans who currently faced higher tax rates than traders on Wall Street.

"The hedge fund guys didn't build this country. These are guys that shift paper around and they get lucky," Trump said.

"They are energetic. They are very smart. But a lot of them - they are paper-pushers. They make a fortune. They pay no tax. It's ridiculous, ok?"

Trump's comments were referring to the so-called "carried interest loophole" - a provision in the tax code which allows private equity and hedge fund managers pay taxes at the capital gains rate instead of the ordinary income rate.

Many fund managers are in the top income bracket, but the capital gains tax bracket is only 20 percent.

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/122772/donald-trumps-biggest-conservative-enemies-helped-create-him

Sounds like Bernie! Most Americans think rich people should pay more in taxes so this seems pretty safe to say politically

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/122772/donald-trumps-biggest-conservative-enemies-helped-create-him

Sounds like Bernie! Most Americans think rich people should pay more in taxes so this seems pretty safe to say politically

So Trump thinks it's unfair that hedge fund managers pay the capital gains tax rate on capital gains.

How'd he make his money again?