The GOP Nomination--The Donald and So Much More!

The only thing I regularly underestimate in politics is the depths to which the left will go to absolutely destroy the competition, regardless of truth, ethics, or accuracy. A nutbag with no plan, who starts every sentence with "If it weren't for me..." and who provides the left a continuous video loop of him telling an employee he'd like to see her on her knees sucking dick will never, ever survive.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is either delusional...or a Democrat.

I know you feel like you've found your John Huntsman, but let me be clear; just because the right appears to have broadened the tent doesn't mean that Trump is the answer.

Trump is the absolute fastest way to a Hillary landslide, and I'm fairly sure people like you know this.

If only the GOP could have a guy like Bernie Sanders to trot out there as a candidate so the liberals wouldn't feel the gut level urge to attack him...uh, hold the phone...

Anyone who thinks the next GOP candidate will not be attacked as a racist and a women hater is delusional. Trump will bring up all the bad stuff he knows on the Clintons if they try to attack him as a women hater. Some of it may already be known to a fraction of people so the difference is that Trump has a huge built in 24 million people audience that the bad stuff could actually gain traction with the public.

Anyone know how long it will be before all the Trump supporters get tired of him starting EVERY SINGLE SENTENCE wih "If it weren't for me.."?

Surely that won't get old fast.

For the record, after Trump becomes your GOP nominee, here is the loop the left will play over and over and over to announce Trump's war on women.

Can you possibly imagine what Hillary will do with this?

**** like this would be the best thing about Trump. Instead of growing a kitty and going on an apology tour he'd call them out for being overly sensitive and hiding behind political correctness because they're afraid to talk about the real issues.

The Republicans have become completely castrated by this politically correct bull ****. What I like about Trump is he's showing you don't have to cower in fear of this garbage. If someone with solid policy showed balls like Trump we'd have who we've been looking for since 1988.

Edited by Rob's House

If only the GOP could have a guy like Bernie Sanders to trot out there as a candidate so the liberals wouldn't feel the gut level urge to attack him...uh, hold the phone...

Anyone who thinks the next GOP candidate will not be attacked as a racist and a women hater is delusional. Trump will bring up all the bad stuff he knows on the Clintons if they try to attack him as a women hater. Some of it may already be known to a fraction of people so the difference is that Trump has a huge built in 24 million people audience that the bad stuff could actually gain traction with the public.

Trump's only chance is if he wakes up Monday AM and decides to replace the poor taste attacks with some stately and smart policy presentations. Don't know if he can even do that let alone make the smart decision to do so. He doesn't need to lose the edginess in his appearances completely but he needs to show some polish. I don't think he has it because what we're seeing from him over the past month or so is pretty consistent with his public persona over many years. He's got some great skills, just not all that you need to be a great President. It's a shame because he put himself in a fantastic position early in the campaign but it looks like he's just doesn't have the broad appeal that you need to win.

Trump's only chance is if he wakes up Monday AM and decides to replace the poor taste attacks with some stately and smart policy presentations. Don't know if he can even do that let alone make the smart decision to do so. He doesn't need to lose the edginess in his appearances completely but he needs to show some polish. I don't think he has it because what we're seeing from him over the past month or so is pretty consistent with his public persona over many years. He's got some great skills, just not all that you need to be a great President. It's a shame because he put himself in a fantastic position early in the campaign but it looks like he's just doesn't have the broad appeal that you need to win.

Broad appeal? Welcome to the war on women.

Still the One!

http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/new-nbc-news-survey-monkey-poll-donald-trump-still-lead-n406766

My God! More proof of how loony GOP base is.

If Donald Trump's comments about Fox News anchor Megyn Kelly are hurting his standing in the Republican primary, it's not showing in the numbers.

According to the latest NBC News Online Poll conducted by SurveyMonkey, Trump is at the top of the list of GOP candidates that Republican primary voters would cast a ballot for if the primary were being held right now.

The overnight poll was conducted for 24 hours from Friday evening into Saturday. During that period, Donald Trump stayed in the headlines due to his negative comments about Kelly and was dis-invited from a major conservative gathering in Atlanta.

None of that stopped Trump from coming in at the top of the poll with 23 percent. Sen. Ted Cruz was next on the list with 13 percent.

No thread about the clown car leaving the station? Nothing about The Donald, Fox New limiting the number of debaters, Rick Perry's glasses, Bush's mountain of cash or the other score of morons running for the nomination?

Scott Walker's hat in in the ring today.

If the money decides it, it will be Clinton vs Bush. We have had two of the Bush clan (both bad) and only one Clinton (pretty good), so I'd think Hillary will be Bush in general election, but who knows?

It likely will be Clinton vs Bush which is no win. I wouldn't be shocked if Trump snuck in though

lol, it's a SurveyMonkey poll.

I do believe Trump is still the leader, but that poll is not accurate. Cruz at 2, Carson at 3, Carly at 4?

Don't blame gatorman. He doesn't know what he's posting. He's simply doing what he's told like a good like leftist nutsucker. He'll be back right after he gets done posting in all the online publication comments sections he's been assigned.

Stephen Hayes does a great job breaking down Trump in this article.

So many people were happy to hear Trump call politicians stupid and yell about immigration, that they probably never REALLY paid attention to his answers. Trump is now yelling that he wants to talk about the issues, but what happened in he debate when asked about the issues?

Here's one great example:

The third policy question also came from Baier. It involved what will likely be the most pressing problem to face the next U.S. president – the growing threat and increasing legitimacy of the world’s foremost sponsor of terror. Baier offered the candidates a helpful overview of developments before asking his question.

“Candidates, you may not have seen the late developing news today our Fox Pentagon team broke earlier this evening about a top Iranian general traveling to Moscow to meet with Russian President Vladimir Putin,” Baier said. “His name is General Qassem Soleimani. He's blamed for hundreds of U.S. troops death in Iraq and Afghanistan. His trip to Russia appears to directly violate U.N. Security Council resolutions to confine him to Iran. So, Mr. Trump, if you were president, how would you respond to this?

I would be so different from what you have right now. Like, the polar opposite. We have a president who doesn't have a clue. I would say he's incompetent, but I don't want to do that because that's not nice. But if you look at the deals we make, whether it's the nuclear deal with 24 hour periods -- and by the way, before you get to the 24 hours, you have to go through a system. You look at Sergeant Bergdahl, we get Bergdahl, a traitor, and they get five of the big, great killers leaders that they want. We have people in Washington that don't know what they're doing. Now, with Iran, we're making a deal, you would say, we want him. We want out our prisoners. We want all these things, and we don't get anything. We're giving them $150 billion dollars plus, they are going to be -- I'll tell you what, if Iran was a stock, you folks should go out and buy it right now because you'll quadruple -- this, what's happening in Iran, is a disgrace, and it's going to lead to destruction in large portions of the world.

Well then. Even setting aside the Valley Girl beginning and the bizarre Iran-as-a-stock ending, Trump didn’t even attempt to answer the question in his series of jarring, nonsensical non-sequiturs.

Trump people...please listen to him again...for the first time. Pay particular attention to his affinity for single payer.

I just heard Megyn Kelly's question for the first time and I think it was a bull **** question. I think her question was more offensive to women, and quite frankly anyone with a brain, than anything I've heard Trump say.

How come Jeb isn't crying about the tough line of questioning she lay upon him?

And, BTW, if he's not taking crap from the reporters, why did he make up a story to Jake Tapper when confronted about the Kelly blood quote yesterday morning?

Edited by GG

How come Jeb isn't crying about the tough line of questioning she lay upon him?

And, BTW, if he's not taking crap from the reporters, why did he make up a story to Jake Tapper when confronted about the Kelly blood quote yesterday morning?

I don't consider that a tough question. It's a loaded question packed full of out or context statements, ridiculous accusations, and conveyed a very negative subtext. She took a cheap shot and he hit back. I don't consider that crying.

I don't consider that a tough question. It's a loaded question packed full of out or context statements, ridiculous accusations, and conveyed a very negative subtext. She took a cheap shot and he hit back. I don't consider that crying.

He absolutely cried in the very familiar way that Trump has always cried when faced with questions he doesn't like.

So again, why did he make up a fake story in his response to Jake Tapper? If he's the voice of the anti-PC police, why didn't he just come out and say, 'I don't care what you interpreted, I said what I said."

Interesting how Trump's support mirrors Limbaugh's audiences.

He absolutely cried in the very familiar way that Trump has always cried when faced with questions he doesn't like.

So again, why did he make up a fake story in his response to Jake Tapper? If he's the voice of the anti-PC police, why didn't he just come out and say, 'I don't care what you interpreted, I said what I said."

If that's what Trump meant, he wouldn't have said "or somewhere", he would have said, it was a dumb question because she was on the rag or called her a fat pig or something. He doesn't couch his insults like that.

Really I don't know if he meant what it is widely construed as meaning tor not, but it does seem like an out of character insult in it's delivery if that indeed was his intent.

Trump much like Limbaugh has got a cult like following. Their followers take what they say as gospel. What's funny is that people say they like Trump's toughness, fact is he is a little B word that cries anytime anyone asks him a question he doesn't like and his worshipers are even bigger bitches "waaaaa, she asked an unfair question.... waaaaaaaaaa". Politics ain't beanball, if you are gonna be up the challenge you are gonna have to go against the Democratic woodchipper, and if they think big ol meanie Meghan is unfair, well booooohooooo, it's gonna get a lot tougher.

http://morningconsult.com/2015/08/trumps-lead-grows-after-debate-controversy/

Still not a major poll, but I'm starting to believe it's possible Donald did no damage to his campaign.

Also, this article: http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2015/08/donald-trump-and-roger-ailes-make-up-for-now.html

Ailes called to assure him that Fox will cover him “fairly” going forward. According to two high-level Fox sources, Ailes's diplomacy was the result of increasing concern inside Fox News that Trump could damage the network. Immediately following Thursday's debate, Fox was deluged with pro-Trump emails. The chatter on Twitter was equally in Trump’s favor. “In the beginning, virtually 100-percent of the emails were against Megyn Kelly,” one Fox source, who was briefed on the situation told me. “Roger was not happy. Most of the Fox viewers were taking Trump’s side.”

Use your leverage, Donald!

Best negotiator in the history of the universe!!!

Trump much like Limbaugh has got a cult like following. Their followers take what they say as gospel. What's funny is that people say they like Trump's toughness, fact is he is a little B word that cries anytime anyone asks him a question he doesn't like and his worshipers are even bigger bitches "waaaaa, she asked an unfair question.... waaaaaaaaaa". Politics ain't beanball, if you are gonna be up the challenge you are gonna have to go against the Democratic woodchipper, and if they think big ol meanie Meghan is unfair, well booooohooooo, it's gonna get a lot tougher.

No it won't, because Trump is not going to get the GOP nomination with a 70% unfavorable rating. So if he does stroke his ego some more by running as a 3rd party candidate, DEMs will be as kind to him as possible, just like they are now.

What's notable about his numbers is that he's running at about 25%, which leads the GOP, but he's below the 26% number that Bernie's getting on the DEM side. You can chalk up the 25% to the protest vote, but at least Bernie's supporters know what their candidate represents. Trump's supporters, don't. All they know is that Rush & Laura Ingrham like him.