WR Revisited - Percey Harvin

San-O

Reading another thread, and poster stated P. Harvin has a lot to prove: which he does.

Pulled an article and stats.

Basically, the guy is with his 4th team in 4 years. Issue: yes. Cheap: IDK, I think they signed him very cheap and no guaranteed $?

Rex obviously thinks they can use him, but how and where are they going to get him the ball?

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-percy-harvin-saga-how-seattle-lost-and-the-jets-won/

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/12569/percy-harvin

Basically, the guy is with his 4th team in 4 years. Issue: yes. Cheap: IDK, I think they signed him very cheap and no guaranteed $?

he had a signing bonus, hence they structured the deal with the voidable years. so some guaranteed, meaning he will certainly be around barring major incident.

Not a Harvin. Think he is very talented but he has never matched the hype. He has been a d bag since high school, probably before. And when he is not being a d bag, he is hurt.

That said, for a year, as a KR and 3rd at best receiver, it's a decent gamble. But the guy has a 2 cent head. Hopefully, after chance #8, he finally grows up.

Not a Harvin. Think he is very talented but he has never matched the hype. He has been a d bag since high school, probably before. And when he is not being a d bag, he is hurt.

That said, for a year, as a KR and 3rd at best receiver, it's a decent gamble. But the guy has a 2 cent head. Hopefully, after chance #8, he finally grows up.

He was very good on Mn. One year he caught 87 passes for about 1000 yards and had another 300-400 rushing and was a great kick returner. That is not a gadget player.

he had a signing bonus, hence they structured the deal with the voidable years. so some guaranteed, meaning he will certainly be around barring major incident.

$3M signing bonus and $3M salary for 2015. 2016 & 2017 are option years at salaries of $9M each.

He was very good on Mn. One year he caught 87 passes for about 1000 yards and had another 300-400 rushing and was a great kick returner. That is not a gadget player.

And he hasn't come close to that since then. I'd love to wrong. Also wish he was a more likable guy. But he's the type of guy who could disrupt a lockerroom.

Big Harvin fan here (of is talent and playing style). I'm very excited to finally have him on my side. He stomped on my heart repeatedly on a cold January night in 2007. Time to reap some of that talent to my own team.

I admittedly didn't think we "needed" him but I've been since convinced otherwise by people who know more about football than I do.

Edited by YoloinOhio

And he hasn't come close to that since then. I'd love to wrong. Also wish he was a more likable guy. But he's the type of guy who could disrupt a lockerroom.

From everything I have seen he's a very likable guy. That is not to say he didn't have problems before or wasn't a jerk before. He clearly was. And he wore out at least two welcomes. But lockerrooms are weird places. Incognito got along with all the Bills when he was here. Wood liked him, Freddy liked him, a lot of guys did, and he was a much bigger jerk than Harvin. The Bills players seem to really like Harvin.

From everything I have seen he's a very likable guy. That is not to say he didn't have problems before or wasn't a jerk before. He clearly was. And he wore out at least two welcomes. But lockerrooms are weird places. Incognito got along with all the Bills when he was here. Wood liked him, Freddy liked him, a lot of guys did, and he was a much bigger jerk than Harvin. The Bills players seem to really like Harvin.

True but a lot of football players are morons. They might like a guy because he gets the best weed or knows the most strippers. I'm more concerned with Harvin not getting along with Frazier, Carroll, or Wilson rather than him being cool with Lynch.

I try to be consistent, right or wrong, with my posts. I never like guys like TO, Brandon Spikes, Incognito, or Harvin before they were Bills. So I'm not going to pretend I think they are good guys now.

But I hope you are right and he keeps his head on straight and is a major weapon. I also could see a story of Harvin choking out Cassel (God forbid if he plays). :)

Actually there was a vet linebacker, might've been Andr'a Davis or Kawika Mitchell, who hated Riche's guts and said he couldn't believe the Bills would sign a guy like that. It always stuck in my mind because of what happened later on.

Harvin is basically a cj spiller on the field... Incredible amazing athlete. Explosive playmaker. Took forever to develop into a complete player at his position and still not there yet.

As an aside I'm only talking about the on field product.

Off the field cj is aces over Harvin

Real good comparison. Though I'd argue Spiller was hurt by a minor league coaching staff the last couple of years. Personally, I'd much rather take my chances with a good character guy like Spiller over Harvin.

Actually there was a vet linebacker, might've been Andr'a Davis or Kawika Mitchell, who hated Riche's guts and said he couldn't believe the Bills would sign a guy like that. It always stuck in my mind because of what happened later on.

The majority of the league hates Incognito. He probably is fun to party with when he is being belligerent.

Last two welcomes? Incognito has worn out his welcome everywhere he's been, including in college at both Nebraska and Oregon and in the pros with the Rams and Phins. His big accomplishment was making it 3 whole games with the Bills (after the Rams waived him). The Bills then declined to re-sign him. That is a pretty damning pattern. I'd like to think he'll walk the straight and narrow this season because he knows his next screw up will be his last in the NFL - and he might - but I wouldn't put my money on it.

This thread is full of Bills fans knocking or otherwise declaring "meh" the move to acquire Harvin? Harvin is the best WR on the team. Hopefully Sammy and Bob Woods grow into something even better but at this point in time, Harvin is the most proven, explosive, talented and dangerous man we have receiving the football.

We aren't drafting buddies. There is no realistic reason to hate on Percy as a Bill. If he's hurt, so what we decline to pick up the option. If he isn't hurt, he will be balling.