Potential Grand Slams: Jordan Spieth and Serena Williams

Most Impressive Calendar Grand Slam  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which Calendar Grand Slam would be more impressive?

• Spieth - Men's Golf (Masters, US Open, British Open, PGA)
    • Serena - Women's Tennis (Australian, French, Wimbledon, US Open)
    • They would be equally impressive

I went with Spieth. Serena is the most dominant athlete in any sport (men's or women's) ever in my opinion. It wouldn't shock me at all if she did it, because she's so much better, even at her age. It would still be an incredible feat either way though.

Whereas everyone else in tennis is a lesser opponent for Serena, there are a lot of golfers who you could argue are Spieth's equals. For him to win four majors against his equals, it would be unbelievable because he would need to be nearly flawless those four weekends.

Wayne Gretzky . . .I'm just sayin'

Edited by Philly McButterpants

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a few challengers who I could possibly agree with, Wayne being one of them. I'll stick with Serena though.

The thing that will always sell me on Gretzky is that if you take away every single goal he ever scored (you know, more goals than anyone else scored), he'd still have a 76 point lead on the all time scoring list.

This is great news! I have been so messed up trying to figure out what time it is there, and why are they only done with two rounds and it's Saturday afternoon, etc.

I forgot to even check.

So, glad that Dustin Johnson shot a 75 and Speith is right in contention.

A triple crown, a tennis, and a golf grand slam in the same year?!?

Dustin cant putt, and unfair as it may be, Im beginning to think he's not the brightest bulb on tree. Im not going with an amateur, so Ill say Spieths biggest threat comes from Day, who has all the talent in the world and seems due

Edited by JTSP

Little Louie will be tough to beat too. He was the forgotten story at US Open. But he's a competitor and felt very much like one got away there. He's also won at St Andrews

Louie gunna be in tough playing with the amateur. Dunned looks like a wreck , moment way too big for him.

Even with that embarrassment of a long putter Adam Scott is putting on a show. Out in 31 and tied w/ that prick Zach Johnson at -14. Spieth one back along with four others, including Sergio!

Even with that embarrassment of a long putter Adam Scott is putting on a show. Out in 31 and tied w/ that prick Zach Johnson at -14. Spieth one back along with four others, including Sergio!

Sergio won't be there long. Choke artist extraordinaire.