Potential Grand Slams: Jordan Spieth and Serena Williams

Most Impressive Calendar Grand Slam  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which Calendar Grand Slam would be more impressive?

• Spieth - Men's Golf (Masters, US Open, British Open, PGA)
    • Serena - Women's Tennis (Australian, French, Wimbledon, US Open)
    • They would be equally impressive

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They do look somewhat similar. But even that guy might not be the right guy. Besides, Blake was tackled (the suspect wasn't known to be violent). Cop never identified himself, and has history of excessive violence. Given the situation, it looked to be excessive.

I don't know anything about the suspect. What I do know is that my eyes did not see somebody being "Body slammed!"

Novak Djokovic wins 3 of the 4 grand slams this year by beating Federer in the US Open Final tonight. Great years for both Novak and Serena!

He annoys me and it was funny how much the crowd was against him!

I don't know anything about the suspect. What I do know is that my eyes did not see somebody being "Body slammed!"

Okay... Not to derail the thread... It was a joke to put it in here.

So you condone a false arrest. Would you like to be thrown down like that? He didn't get a scratch... All good! Oops, our bad, you look like somebody else. Huh? You are just minding your own business and they throw you down (I guess a slam, but not really a body slam) and knee you in the back, cuff you and falsely arrest you. At least be a ref and make a few bad calls... Maybe then you would deserve it!

I hope he sues them for a ton a of money! This is exactly how the guy in Alabama was paralyzed.

So Blake is just to laugh and blow this off?

Why couldn't he just attempt to arrest him in a less physical way? Then if things get ugly, put the squeeze on him. Did you see the lady come up and berate the cop?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

How whackily inconsistent can you be? You think it's OK for the football players to try to hurt the ref, and be 50x as violent, but the cop thinks he's got the suspect and brings him down in a way that doesn't hurt him, and you're railing about that.

How whackily inconsistent can you be? You think it's OK for the football players to try to hurt the ref, and be 50x as violent, but the cop thinks he's got the suspect and brings him down in a way that doesn't hurt him, and you're railing about that.

No... I don't think it is okay. They should be banned from playing again. They were caught up in the moment and wanted to tackle a guy that they actually felt had wronged them. Totally misguided, I agree. False arrest is a lot worse, don't you think?

The tennis guy was tackled and arrested... Hauled off. That's tyranny in it's worst form.

Edit: That cop was sued 4 times before for excessive force. Look it up. The players have 4 more hits? Yeah, I know that is stupid. They are teens too, not a "professional." How many people here would want to take "action" on people who they feel wronged them?

Mods... Sorry to derail things... Feel free to delete...

No... I don't think it is okay. They should be banned from playing again. They were caught up in the moment and wanted to tackle a guy that they actually felt had wronged them. Totally misguided, I agree. False arrest is a lot worse, don't you think?

The tennis guy was tackled and arrested... Hauled off. That's tyranny in it's worst form.

Edit: That cop was sued 4 times before for excessive force. Look it up. The players have 4 more hits? Yeah, I know that is stupid. They are teens too, not a "professional." How many people here would want to take "action" on people who they feel wronged them?

Mods... Sorry to derail things... Feel free to delete...

Hauled off? I thought they sorted out the misidentification on the spot within seconds.

Hauled off? I thought they sorted out the misidentification on the spot within seconds.

Doesn't matter. If a cop made a mistake you can say anything whatsoever about the details of that mistake. For instance I thought it was excessive when the cop took out his needle nose pliers and pulled out all of Blakes's fingernails. That hadda hurt.

Personally, I'd rather see an all American Final at the US Open.

Its going to be a long long time before it happens.

I'm glad she lost. It was getting annoying how people had already crowned her even though she still had to win two more matches.

Other people with raised expectations make you hate Serena ?? :blink:

He annoys me and it was funny how much the crowd was against him!

I like Djokovic mainly because of the way he plays the game, is gracious and has a sense of humor. Last night, he displayed tremendous calm and composure which really made him the victor. Any lesser opponent would have been skewered last night, the way Federer was playing - the physical and the mental aspects.

I really dislike Federer and the main reason is that he was a smug, arrogant, almost condescending player in his heyday before the likes of Nadal and Djokovic brought him down to earth.

I like Djokovic mainly because of the way he plays the game, is gracious and has a sense of humor. Last night, he displayed tremendous calm and composure which really made him the victor. Any lesser opponent would have been skewered last night, the way Federer was playing - the physical and the mental aspects.

I really dislike Federer and the main reason is that he was a smug, arrogant, almost condescending player in his heyday before the likes of Nadal and Djokovic brought him down to earth.

Why does it seem like the rest of the world disagrees with you?

Or is it the US Open phenomenon that I've seen over the decades. All you have to do is get older and the underdog and they love you, even if they hated you when you were younger.

Connors was such a hated ahole, and then he makes that run in '91 where he was beloved. And, the fans were merciless on Aggasi. One reason being that if he was getting killed in a set, he'd tank it, to save up for the next one..........I turn to my friend and said when Connors does this and he completed my sentence "he's the sly fox"

Move ahead, 15-20 years or whatever, and Aggasi is the beloved one making his final run at Flushing Meadow! Hahaha