MarQueis Gray in "Tight End Heaven"

Good read on MarQueis' journey to Buffalo. I think he will get a lot of snaps this year (might even be our number two TE).

http://bills.buffalo...ing-with-bills/

"At receiver in 2010, Gray caught 42 passes for 587 yards and five touchdowns. At quarterback in 2011 and 2012, he threw for 1,967 yards, rushed for 1,356 and scored 24 total touchdowns. Minnesota head coach Jerry Kill used the word “athlete” seven times in one response describing Gray’s game. In Kill’s first season, he insists Gray “single-handedly” beat Iowa down the stretch with his legs."

Good read on MarQueis' journey to Buffalo. I think he will get a lot of snaps this year (might even be our number two TE).

http://bills.buffalo...ing-with-bills/

"At receiver in 2010, Gray caught 42 passes for 587 yards and five touchdowns. At quarterback in 2011 and 2012, he threw for 1,967 yards, rushed for 1,356 and scored 24 total touchdowns. Minnesota head coach Jerry Kill used the word “athlete” seven times in one response describing Gray’s game. In Kill’s first season, he insists Gray “single-handedly” beat Iowa down the stretch with his legs."

I've become a Marquise Gray fan. I was very impressed with what he did last season, having arrived late, and into a difficult situation. The more I read, and find out about him, the more I believe he will do very well for us. I love that he's played so many positions, including QB. He's touted as having very high "football intelligence," being able to read the field, etc. He has prototypical size for a TE, and has a lot of speed, and quickness for someone his weight. He certainly made the few plays he had last season look easy. From that interview, you can tell that he is aware of his shortcomings, and what he has to work on. I do think he will be our #2 TE.

And, to top it all off, he seems to be a really decent, and intelligent guy, involved in the community, and a generally good person with a really compelling story. There was a great article about him showing up to a handicapped girl's birthday party in a park a few months back in Minnesota. Not grandstanding, or trying to grab press-- just to be a decent guy. I love being a fan of great athletes who are also admirable human beings. I really hope Gray does well.

I have a suspicion that, even with a crowded field, he's going to be the starting #2 TE, at least at the start. Simply, Clay is more of an H-back, and I expect him to be doing a lot of blocking on the line and doing leading blocking.

Gray being a converted receiver makes me think that he's going to be a receiver in 2 TE sets that Roman has a history of liking.

Seriously, sounds like you have him starring in an adult man on man love film.

I'm sorry. Am I only supposed to be negative this time of year? I get confused.

(In my defense, it was late, like 11:00, and I was on my second scotch.)

I agree with all the optimism regarding Gray. It is a high ceiling. I think he will only realize it by being able to block in Roman's schemes. If he can I think he will play a lot and see the ball a lot. Fingers crossed.

I agree with all the optimism regarding Gray. It is a high ceiling. I think he will only realize it by being able to block in Roman's schemes. If he can I think he will play a lot and see the ball a lot. Fingers crossed.

Play a lot, but I'm not sure he'd see the ball a lot. However, "a lot" in his case may be twice a game on average.

Roman uses his pieces so creatively and effectively. He had Bruce Miller lining up as a WR in the 49ers offense...

This is goihg to be fun to watch.