More Good PR For Florida State QB's

LB3

True but do you think Fisher kicks Winston off the team the previous two years? I doubt it. This guy will be "suspended" for 1 or 2 cake walk games against Our Sisters of the Poor and Jimbo will claim he learned his lesson.

I know you get paid well but college coaching is so slimy.

Jimbo has anounced that Dalvin Cook has been suspended 6 games from the FSU baseball team.

Didn't this guy get in trouble once or twice last year as well?

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting news I read a moment ago: Dalvin Cook (star RB) suspended whereas the other guy was kicked off the team. I guess Jimbo really does not want to lose his star RB.

Well done sir!

Pathetic. But no shocker.

WOW Skurski needs to check himself. I'm seriously appalled.

@JaySkurski: This woman wouldn't give out her phone number. Clearly she is provoking this #FSU player. #thingsRonaldDarbymightsay http://t.co/Ptao5iF4eH

Skurski needs to get a grip. That's not at all analogous to what Darby said, nor (IMO) is punching a woman 'cuz you hit on her and miss analogous to punching a woman who cocked a fist, kneed you, and threw a punch at you.

Jimbo has anounced that Dalvin Cook has been suspended 6 games from the FSU baseball team.

Didn't this guy get in trouble once or twice last year as well?

Yes, he was involved in an incident shooting bb guns which damaged cars and buildings. He was also involved in an incident where someone was threatened with a gun

Video evidence is far more reliable. Testimony is notoriously unreliable. Memories are inexact; motives, trustworthiness, and bias can come into play. But the camera doesn't lie.

This is sarcasm, isn't it?

This is sarcasm, isn't it?

Why would you think that? It's a truism; not even really debateable. Memory is notoriously unreliable. Words, faces, colors, all change. Countless studies confirm this.

Think about it in terms of deciding a case. For example, look at the difference between Ray Rice and Greg Hardy. With Rice, we know what happened. We may not know what led up to it, but we know he clocked that girl hard without much, if any physical provocation.

With Hardy, we have two competing versions of events based on the memories of intoxicated people with adverse interests that we characterize and envision in our own minds based on our imaginations and ideas about how the world works.

Which one are you more confident of knowing what really happened?

Guys named Jimbo seem very trustworthy. :)

Sadly, this is what college football has become. Anything to win. It's why I have so much respect for Stanford. Top program with good kids and a high academic standards.

And Notre Dame, right?

I used to love ND. Kelly is very slimy. There was a big rape case there and the kid who died filming practice.

But I guess in college football, slimy wins.

Wasn't the rape case pre-Kelly? I think those guys all got booted from ND. I'm happy to say they've never been afraid to mete out the punishment when deserved. Even Holtz did it with his great teams.

The Declan Sullivan thing was horrible. We were there that weekend -- the whole campus was bummed out.

they are both to blame. Neither was right to hit the other.

I have no problem with him hitting her after she threw the first punch. Further, it appears that she started the whole incident by looking to hit him, which seems to be why he grabbed her arm in the first place.

Either women are equal, or they aren't. If they are equal, then a vagina isn't a shield.

Why would you think that? It's a truism; not even really debateable. Memory is notoriously unreliable. Words, faces, colors, all change. Countless studies confirm this.

Oh, sorry, misunderstood you. I thought it was sarcasm because in the context of this thread, we have a video and different posters watching the same video and coming to very different interpretations of events (some feel the girl was "looking for trouble" and the aggressor; some feel she was acting in self-defense after he pushed her and grabbed her wrist, which was just pointing its thumb at the bartender).

In general of course, you're perfectly correct that eyewitness accounts are notoriously unreliable. However, again in the context of this thread, we have a case with eyewitness accounts that all seem very consistent and credible saying Dalvin Cook punched a woman in the face several times after her phone number was asked for and she didn't want to give it.

But in the context of this thread, with all the varying interpretations of a single video and relatively unvarying set of eyewitness accounts for Cook, that's why I thought "sarcasm?"

Oh, sorry, misunderstood you. I thought it was sarcasm because in the context of this thread, we have a video and different posters watching the same video and coming to very different interpretations of events (some feel the girl was "looking for trouble" and the aggressor; some feel she was acting in self-defense after he pushed her and grabbed her wrist, which was just pointing its thumb at the bartender).

In general of course, you're perfectly correct that eyewitness accounts are notoriously unreliable. However, again in the context of this thread, we have a case with eyewitness accounts that all seem very consistent and credible saying Dalvin Cook punched a woman in the face several times after her phone number was asked for and she didn't want to give it.

But in the context of this thread, with all the varying interpretations of a single video and relatively unvarying set of eyewitness accounts for Cook, that's why I thought "sarcasm?"

That's one reason I'm always skeptical of extreme judgments on these issues. If it's that hard to decipher the situation when we can watch, rewind, and watch again, just think how hard it can be to get an accurate picture when we've just got testimonial versions of the story to go on.

Aside from being an educational institution of sorts, the other U serves another purpose. It traditionally has gathered scores of potential felons in one concentrated locale, which makes it easier for the authorities to do their job, if they choose to.

FSU

Free sneakers university

Free seafood university

Female Smacking University

@schadjoe: Dalvin Cooks attorney says Cook did not strike a woman and charges are result of pressure in Tally based on recent high-profile cases

@schadjoe: Dalvin Cooks attorney Ricky Patel says no interest in a plea. It must be dropped or not guilty. Theyll file civil charges if neccessary.

@schadjoe: Attorney for Dalvin Cook says FSU WR Travis Rudolph was actually struck.