Need advice: Attending Bills game

Hi everyone,

Looking for your advice. I'm considering going to a Bills game in September. Either opening day or the game against the Patriots. I live in Maryland and taking the girlfriend with me (even though she's a Steelers fan).

Questions that I would love to get your take on:

1) Which is a better game to go to?

2) Should we drive or take the plane? (It's about a 6 1/2 hour drive to Buffalo from MD)

3) Where should we stay?

4) What section should we aim for? (Willing to spend $150 per ticket)

Thanks for any input!

Go Bills!!!

Peter

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take Monday off. Drive out Saturday morning, get a room for Saturday and Sunday. Sunday is so much better when you can relax and not have the trip home hanging over you.

A lot of people will say do the pats game but there is something about the opener that really juices up the tailgate and in game atmosphere

Do the opener- they are unequaled. The prices for both games are expensive this year so you may be near the endszones or upper deck for 150 each. Get in a day early and cruise around the bars downtown on Saturday night. Get up and to the stadium bright and early the next for the festivities.

Hi everyone,

Looking for your advice. I'm considering going to a Bills game in September. Either opening day or the game against the Patriots. I live in Maryland and taking the girlfriend with me (even though she's a Steelers fan).

Questions that I would love to get your take on:

1) Which is a better game to go to?

2) Should we drive or take the plane? (It's about a 6 1/2 hour drive to Buffalo from MD)

3) Where should we stay?

4) What section should we aim for? (Willing to spend $150 per ticket)

Thanks for any input!

Go Bills!!!

Peter

Hey Peter!

you sure picked the right season to get down and dirty!

why now ? honest question?

make some connections here and maybe meet up with some of the regular tailgators.

i have read that there are some very nice people here abouts that might welcome you and your girlfriend and share some Buffalo hospitality.

Hey Peter!

you sure picked the right season to get down and dirty!

why now ? honest question?

make some connections here and maybe meet up with some of the regular tailgators.

i have read that there are some very nice people here abouts that might welcome you and your girlfriend and share some Buffalo hospitality.

Hi there! I've been a Bills fan since 1990 and have only gone to 1 Bills game in 1995 (does preseason count?). I'm really excited about the team this year and just want to be with Bills nation on opening day.

Game? I'd look at seats and choose game which you can get best seats within price range.

Drive. When you combine the hassles of airports and renting a car driving much easier.

The I99 to 219 route thru central PA is fast; get gas at Indian reservation when you enter New York.

Hotels depend on taste - want to be near bars for walking or near stadium?

Game? I'd look at seats and choose game which you can get best seats within price range.

Drive. When you combine the hassles of airports and renting a car driving much easier.

The I99 to 219 route thru central PA is fast; get gas at Indian reservation when you enter New York.

Hotels depend on taste - want to be near bars for walking or near stadium?

Actually I just purchased my tickets - section 333, row 12! Whoo!

Now.. as for hotel, I'd like to be nearby the stadium. We'll probably get to Buffalo 6 or 7pm in the Sat. evening.

Edited by SuperBills12

Try this link:

https://www.kayak.com/hotels/Orchard-Park,NY-c10738/2015-09-12/2015-09-13/2guests

If available:

Hampton Inn Buffalo South/I-90

1750 Ridge Rd

West Seneca, NY 14224

(716) 824-2030
Red Roof Inn Buffalo - Hamburg

5370 Camp Rd

Hamburg, NY 14075

(716) 648-7222
Orchard Park Inn

2268 Southwestern Blvd

Buffalo, NY 14224 (Orchard Park Not Buffalo)

(716) 674-6000
Staybridge Suites Buffalo

164 Slade Ave

West Seneca, NY 14224

(716) 939-3100
Comfort Inn & Suites

3615 Commerce Pl

Hamburg, NY 14075

(716) 648-2922
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Hamburg

3565 Commerce Pl

Hamburg, NY 14075

(716) 648-9200

Quality Inn 5440 Camp Rd
Hamburg, NY 14075
(716) 649-0500
Edited by Koolaid

Now.. as for hotel, I'd like to be nearby the stadium. We'll probably get to Buffalo 6 or 7pm in the Sat. evening.

Which game did you take? Doesn't matter now and sorry if I'm late to address this but, hands down the game of choice is the opener. There's a different feeling in the air and it's a great time. Even more so this year.

I get that you want to be close to the stadium, but I'd strongly recommend staying in downtown Bflo. Better hotel selection and lots of activity.

Edit: ha, that's what I get for not reading the entire thread. I think you'll be glad you opted for downtown. I think that's the same hotel my wife and I booked for the opener as well.

Edited by eball

I get that you want to be close to the stadium, but I'd strongly recommend staying in downtown Bflo. Better hotel selection and lots of activity.

Edit: ha, that's what I get for not reading the entire thread. I think you'll be glad you opted for downtown. I think that's the same hotel my wife and I booked for the opener as well.

Yep, we decided to get a hotel downtown and arrive on Friday. We'll go to Niagra Falls on Saturday, and take in the Bills opener Sunday. I'm so excited!!!

be sure to check out (716) next door in Harborcenter.

Thanks, will do! I've heard/read good things

Yep, we decided to get a hotel downtown and arrive on Friday. We'll go to Niagra Falls on Saturday, and take in the Bills opener Sunday. I'm so excited!!!

Thanks, will do! I've heard/read good things

was there for the first time last week. The 2nd floor bar was so cool. Great experience. Can't wait to go back when there is a game on.

Don't forget to bring your passports. They will not let you into Canada (nor back in the US) without it. Canadian side of the Falls is 10x better than the American side.

Edited by Bills Juggernaut