Article on Stephon Gilmore

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2510993-can-stephon-gilmore-play-the-darrelle-revis-role-for-rex-ryans-buffalo-bills

Stephon Gilmore isn't a star.

In a league that glorifies the attention-craved cornerbacks and their proclamations of grandeur, the 24-year-old has essentially no standing amongst the national media. Playing for the Buffalo Bills plays a major role in that, but the 10th overall pick of the 2012 draft also hasn't truly established himself yet.

This was a strong article in general. It would be great to see Gilmore remain healthy and make a couple more big plays. Playing well to very well most of the time, when healthy, isn't good enough for the top

corner on a playoff bound team that relies on excellent defense. We need him to improve. I am happy with his play, I just want to be happier.

He seems so level headed, never too high or low. I know there are some who would rather have someone that celebrates and shows discus. But I like his blue collar-ness. I think McKelvin does enough celebrating anyway. McKelvin is the emotional leader, in that he leads in emotion and Graham and Williams are the true leaders...but shouldn't your safeties be your leaders?

I didn't know how little we blitzed last year, 30th in the league and yet #1 in sacks...that's incredible.

Question; what was the success rate when we did blitz?

QBR? Sacks? et cetera

He seems so level headed, never too high or low. I know there are some who would rather have someone that celebrates and shows discus. But I like his blue collar-ness. I think McKelvin does enough celebrating anyway. McKelvin is the emotional leader, in that he leads in emotion and Graham and Williams are the true leaders...but shouldn't your safeties be your leaders?

I didn't know how little we blitzed last year, 30th in the league and yet #1 in sacks...that's incredible.

Question; what was the success rate when we did blitz?

QBR? Sacks? et cetera

I like to see a little more shotput, personally.

Good, hopefully he won't require star CB money to re-sign.

I think he's going to get a mega-deal; something upwards of the $10.275M/year and $10.5M/year given to Jimmy Smith and Byron Maxwell, respectively. He's a better player than those 2 guys, and is younger as well.

I don't think he'll hit Joe Haden's $13.5M/year in annual average compensation, but I think something between $11M and $12M annually is in the cards.

I think he's going to get a mega-deal; something upwards of the $10.275M/year and $10.5M/year given to Jimmy Smith and Byron Maxwell, respectively. He's a better player than those 2 guys, and is younger as well.

I don't think he'll hit Joe Haden's $13.5M/year in annual average compensation, but I think something between $11M and $12M annually is in the cards.

Yeah, it was more of a tongue-in-cheek type statement I was making. I'm HOPING for around $8M, but understand that is a cup 4/5ths full type expectation.

Yeah, it was more of a tongue-in-cheek type statement I was making. I'm HOPING for around $8M, but understand that is a cup 4/5ths full type expectation.

That would be amazing...like highway-robbery amazing.

He's scheduled to make $11.082M in 2016, all of which is base salary, so he'd be crazy to take anything less than that per annum (IMO).

Of course, I thought Jerry Hughes would be crazy to take less than $10M/year, and he took $9M to stay here, though I think Gilmore's situation is a bit different.

We shall see...

He's scheduled to make $11.082M in 2016, all of which is base salary, so he'd be crazy to take anything less than that per annum (IMO).

Of course, I thought Jerry Hughes would be crazy to take less than $10M/year, and he took $9M to stay here, though I think Gilmore's situation is a bit different.

We shall see...

Agreed. I think Jerry Hughes took at least one million a year less to stay with his boys and this defense. It's quite possible that Gilmore will, too. He's not all about the money. He's got a great opportunity here playing for Henderson and Thurman and Rex Ryan which is the best possible defense for his skill set. He wouldn't be dumb to leave for more money but he's got it great here right now. He should make the pro bowl barring injury.

We shall see...

I could see him taking less annually (like ~10-10.5) if the guaranteed money is good

Great, great article. Please tell me that Bleacher Report is no longer banned ...

Agreed. I think Jerry Hughes took at least one million a year less to stay with his boys and this defense. It's quite possible that Gilmore will, too. He's not all about the money. He's got a great opportunity here playing for Henderson and Thurman and Rex Ryan which is the best possible defense for his skill set. He wouldn't be dumb to leave for more money but he's got it great here right now. He should make the pro bowl barring injury.

Evidence for this claim?